• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
There's no such thing as a B team. A while ago I went full nerd and compared the credits of their games and most people transition from one game to the next. IIRC like 2/3 of the people who worked in BB were also in DS3 credits and about a third was in Sekiro.

Difference with DS2 from what I recall is that it had people from Bandai Namco, a bunch of outsourcing (more than usual) and wasn't directed by Miyazaki.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
So the only thing that separates A team from B team is Miyazaki. Gotcha.
I mean the awkward thing about FromSoftware is that they were kind of a B and C-tier developer before Miyazaki. Look at their pre-Demon's Souls releases. They're all sort of interesting experimental games, and in some cases, they were decent (Lost Kingdoms 2, Otogi 1 and 2), but even post-Demon's, their Armored Core games didn't review well. Like if you ask anyone who was around during the PS2/GameCube/Xbox era, it wasn't like gamers at large were waiting with bated breath for the next FromSoftware release like they are now!

It's probably taken them a while to build up the talent pool where they can produce and direct other games without Miyazaki that can live up to the brand he created for the studio.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's inevitable. Miyazaki will need to delegate as they grow. Dude can only work on so much at the same time.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
I could see Elden RIng 2 coming out sooner than we think since they already have the framework in place for the open world .

I am interested to see Armored Core from a post Souls FROM software.

And Derecine was interesting (not great),and it would be cool for FROM to make more games along the lines of that.

carl_sandland

May 31, 2019
Sounds like he's spreading himself thinner and thinner; worried for sure that eventually a FROM game might not mean a Miyazaki game, or not have the full artistic focus from him it may have had in the past. Don't know what the answer is; cloning doesn't work yet; if they setup too much process (e.g a set of design rules) we'll end up with 'paint by numbers' stuff. Ah the curses of success!

I guess it's time to hand over to newer generations of artists and grow the company.

Playing Elden Ring for a second time and am still finding so many new things; and my first run was over 150 hours! astonishing really, what a great game. I'd much prefer DLC delivered as new areas integrated with the current overworld (maybe some of those islands out to sea) but I'm ready to buy pretty much any content, even some armor for poor old Torrent.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
VR King's Field when? Let people learn the same fear I did of trap treasure chests with one shot skeletons that nuke you to fucking death.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
How many games do they have in development? Sounds like more than 3 to me damn

The wait for Elden Ring 2 or his next masterpiexe will be excruciating

May 23, 2020
Its really hard to imagine where From software will go after Elden Ring. Can another open world game similar to Elden ring stand out as much Elden ring did? Maybe thts why Miyazaki is thinking completely different fantasy. Maybe some other mythology or science fiction

radiogra

Jun 27, 2020
they fixed the loading times on xbox. like, it was 20 secs at launch and now it's as fast as PS5. basically got me to start my 10th character lol. so i assume the "continued support" would include more performances upgrades across all platforms in addition to DLC.

honestly just really excited to see what a new take on armored core looks like. with ER i got everything i could ever want out of a souls title. i mean, i'd buy more ofc. but armored core is just so promising.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
whatever it is I hope it's different. Elden Ring was getting dull by the halfway point

They are making other games that will be different for sure. But they signed a muti year deal with Bandai Namco and ER sold incredibly well. Elden Ring is franchise now and is gonna be their main game franchise for a long time

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
All of you are missing the most important game that they could work on.

CHROMEHOUNDS2

Bring back slow lumbering mechs that fire artillery and require set up time and small scout mech cars that take one shot to destroy but are super fast so they can unlock half the map and various intermediate mechs that work diversion.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I could see Elden RIng 2 coming out sooner than we think since they already have the framework in place for the open world .

And Derecine was interesting (not great),and it would be cool for FROM to make more games along the lines of that.
I guess a sequel will be out 5-6 years from now. Maybe 2028
whatever it is I hope it's different. Elden Ring was getting dull by the halfway point
Well Armored Core is most likely next, so it looks like your wish will be granted

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Which is pretty silly because I'm sure people would be way more excited for a VR dungeon crawler.
They said they weren't too impressed with that iteration of PSVR, if future hardware was going to improve they'd consider more games so it's always on the table if they feel like it.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Which pre-Souls From franchise are we bringing back fam?

King's Field
Shadow Tower
Echo Night
Frame Gride
Eternal Ring
Evergrace
The Adventures of Cookies & Cream
Lost Kingdoms
Murakumo
Otogi
Kuon
Metal Wolf Chaos
Ninja Blade

They've released 2 post-Souls Armored Cores. Neither were great iirc.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Thank god, sounds like he wants to make more abstract fantasy titles that aren't knights, shields, and heavy armor. Something more like Bloodborne. Also, he's probably talking about a genre change as well, making a fantasy title that isn't an ARPG. Time for something brand new perhaps? Can't wait :)

On a side note, I hope Miyazaki has ideas for a darker sci-fi title one day. I couldn't imagine what FromSoft's artists could pull off in that genre.
Yeah, I was so happy to read about them wanting to go for more abstract fantasy. Bloodborne was a great showing of From's talent in bringing a strange world to life and I feel like they left potential on the table by steeping their following works in more traditional fantasy tropes. If I had my way every new From title should just be as bewildering as possible. From games sell well regardless of their setting so I think that could also be a good source of inspiration for the gaming industry as a whole.

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for an adventure game or survival horror in the vein of Echo Night or Kuon. Modern FROM are masters of environmental storytelling and atmosphere - would love to see what they do with applying that on a much smaller scale.

Oct 27, 2017
One of those projects has to be BB 2 or a remake, right guys? Right………?
😔😩

Jokes aside, just glad to see From doing what they do.

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
Everyone who is saying Elden Ring DLC

Any proof or just speculation on nothing?
Speculation on nothing, mainly just precedent. Dark Souls 1, 2, 3, and Bloodborne all had DLC. Only Sekiro and Demon Souls didn't. Elden Ring did so well that it seems fair to assume DLC is coming.

Also, now this interview says this, "First of all, we will continue to update "ELDEN RING" in the future."

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
It has to be Armored Core.

Would not be surprised if there's Elden Ring DLC.

Of course Elden Ring 2, years from now, but besides that, is anyone's guess.

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
Not sure if it's the right thread to post this, but I've been made aware that if you search From Software on google, their website appears with an "armored core" title. I tried google it and indeed it appeared like that :

M1C3fWr.png

The URL looks correct but if this something that can be faked on google?