• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
I watched the video again.

So essentially they are making part 1 to be what TLOU part 2 is in terms of technology. They even said it looks the same and in some ways better.

So if that is true, how is this marketed as rebuilt for ps5? Haptics? 3d audio? That stuff could be added in without issue. It's minor details vs the raw power the ps5 has in order to make this remaster potentially jaw dropping.

My take is that this remake would run identical to TLOU part 2 if it was released on ps4. So they are giving us a ps4 quality remaster with a patch for added fps. The same as the ps5 patch does on TLOU part 2.

Hard pass.

Yeah I'm interested to know. Aside from the resolution -- why can't this game run on a PS4? what's different.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it does look great. If you own a PS5 and haven't played the game yet it's probably a pretty good buy,

Having already purchased the game twice now though I'm definitely out at launch. Especially considering the bonkers prices on PS5 games in Canada.

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
And people are not talking exclusively about the price in this thread, there is a bit of everything. The fact that you seem to think so implies you have an issue with the matter at hand, and the why is something you'll have to figure it out.
I'm too lazy so just go ahead and imagine a pie chart of this thread. The price / unnecessary remake outrage would about 85% of the pie and literally everything else would be the remaining bits. :)

Matais92

Banned
Jul 8, 2020
Wat lol. Who said anything about attacking. The fact that a game is a technical marvel means there's just fewer reasons to remake it. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

At this point if you've been paying attention you should know why it's being remade and yes many are attacking ND for remaking this game.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
At this point if you've been paying attention you should know why it's being remade and yes many are attacking ND for remaking this game.
Criticizing ND for remaking a game that didn't need it and selling it for $70 is not the same thing as "attacking ND for being technically proficient". You are not making any sense.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I apologize for believing the leaks. 😭

I literally speculated about seamless cutscenes and they did it holy shit the mad lads. The fucking mad lads.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I apologize for believing the leaks. 😭
giphy.gif

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I have played the OG and remastered to death, still leaning to get this, but it's probably not a good idea to praise companion AI. You know they will fuck up and do something unbelievably dumb.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
User warned: antagonizing other users
Criticizing ND for remaking a game that didn't need it and selling it for $70 is not the same thing as "attacking ND for being technically proficient". You are not making any sense.
Edit: Sorry, too hostile.

In the end, this is what they decided to do, and it's absolutely nowhere in the same universe as a GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition situation; ND has clearly poured a ton of heart, time and effort into recreating an entire game's assets in modern fidelity down to the smallest detail. This isn't something any developer can just bang out overnight.

Can you guys not imagine how awesome this will be for new players hearing about the HBO show coming in for the first time to experience one of the greatest games ever made, with all the original actor's performance captures brought up to TLOU2's level? I'll be waiting for a sale or PS+, but I'm extremely excited for anyone getting to experience this for the first time.

Last edited:

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Dude why people care what people do with their money, I would even pay $100 for this, if people think it's expensive just wait for a sale, I bought tlou two times already this will be the third and I would buy tlou p2 on pc again. (like I agree with twitter dude)

THIS.

I'm a massive fan and i'll buy EVERY version of the game day 1, but if it's not worth it for you just wait? Getting really tired of the same complaint over and over again…

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Dude why people care what people do with their money, I would even pay $100 for this, if people think it's expensive just wait for a sale, I bought tlou two times already this will be the third and I would buy tlou p2 on pc again. (like I agree with twitter dude)
I guess the same applies the other way around, why do you care what people don't want to do with their money? Who does it hurt if someone says "I don't think its worth $70"?

JoanneAlley

alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2022
What gives you and a thousand other angry entitled nerds who've already played the game years ago the right to decide this project's price point? If you don't want to play the game again, just don't buy it. Move the fuck on.

You don't get to decide whether it needed it. This is what they decided to do, and it's absolutely nowhere in the same universe as a GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition situation; ND has clearly poured a ton of heart, time and effort into recreating an entire game's assets in modern fidelity down to the smallest detail, whether you like it or not. This isn't something any developer can just bang out overnight.

Can you guys not imagine how awesome this will be for new players hearing about the HBO show coming in for the first time to experience one of the greatest games ever made, with all the original actor's performance captures brought up to TLOU2's level? I'll be waiting for a sale or PS+, but I'm extremely excited for anyone getting to experience this for the first time.
Welcome to the world, where people are allowed to criticize the pricing of a product and voice that criticism. Crazy, I know. Personally, I do think I have the right to voice my opinion that 100$ is a ridiculous price for a version that is missing a huge chunk of content and with fairly marginal improvements on gameplay.
Why do you care that people find it expensive? Nobody is judging your purchase.
THIS.

I'm a massive fan and i'll buy EVERY version of the game day 1, but if it's not worth it for you just wait? Getting really tired of the same complaint over and over again…
This is just the same argument again, why are you so invested on trying to shutdown someone else's criticisms? This is a videogame forum where people normally pay money for videogames, pricing will always, always be part of the conversation in literally everything.

Matais92

Banned
Jul 8, 2020

Technically nothing "needs" a remake. They made it as an in between project while they plan their next big one which can take years. Often they lay staff off during this time but working on the remake allowed them to retain staff and improve their engine and knowledge of the PS5 at the same time.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Welcome to the world, where people are allowed to criticize the pricing of a product and voice that criticism. Crazy, I know. Personally, I do think I have the right to voice my opinion that 100$ is a ridiculous price for a version that is missing a huge chunk of content and with fairly marginal improvements on gameplay.

Why do you care that people find it expensive? Nobody is judging your purchase.
This is just the same argument again, why are you so invested on trying to shutdown someone else's criticisms? This is a videogame forum where people normally pay money for videogames, pricing will always, always be part of the conversation in literally everything.
It's not shutting down criticism. People in this and that other thread (always the same people too) are shouting from the rooftops that they won't buy the game because they find it too expensive. Repeatedly, like they want special brownie points for making their stance known. They absolutely cannot just let a thread about the game happen without raising their voice to be heard.

I don't buy 4X/strategy games. I don't generally like them. If they happen to be cheap on a Steam sale will I buy them? Sure, maybe. Do I need to post in every single fucking thread on this website that their launch price is too high? Nope. People can pay what they want when they want and I don't need to comment. It might be a forum but you(not specifically YOU) don't need to shit up all discussion on this game because of your disinterest.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
It's not shutting down criticism. People in this and that other thread (always the same people too) are shouting from the rooftops that they won't buy the game because they find it too expensive. Repeatedly, like they want special brownie points for making their stance known. They absolutely cannot just let a thread about the game happen without raising their voice to be heard.
What about the people repeatedly shouting from the rooftops that they will buy this game no matter how many times they release it and no matter the price?
Do they want brownies too or is it a TLOU themed cake?

JoanneAlley

alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2022

I don't buy 4X/strategy games. I don't generally like them. If they happen to be cheap on a Steam sale will I buy them? Sure, maybe. Do I need to post in every single fucking thread on this website that their launch price is too high? Nope. People can pay what they want when they want and I don't need to comment. It might be a forum but you(not specifically YOU) don't need to shit up all discussion on this game because of your disinterest.
It is absolutely shutting down criticism, because some of y'all seem to want to shutdown literally anything negative someone might say about this remake. I don't think your comparison is particularly accurate either, most of the people complaining about the pricing here are complaining because they were actually interested in the game and thought that a full on remake with redone gameplay like TLOU 2 and revised level design was what they were going to pay 80€ for. Understandably they're now disappointed that isn't the case and they think this is overpriced for the package it is. That's perfectly fine and entirely reasonable. T

In addition, this is literally the very first official look into the actual gameplay of the game. This is literally the most appropriate moment possible to criticize its pricing!

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
i mean, i'm trying to enjoy giving my opinion on this game, but the toxic bullshit on this site keeps telling me "shut up, dont like it, dont buy it"

What are you talking about? There are so many posts in this thread of people excited to get the game. No one is telling you to shut up. The majority of people are literally just voicing their opinions and you are calling it toxic

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
What are you talking about? There are so many posts in this thread of people excited to get the game. No one is telling you to shut up. The majority of people are literally just voicing their opinions and you are calling it toxic
there's literally 3 or 4 comments telling people that dont like the game or the price to stop complaining, just in this page alone.
and i'm not the one that called giving opinions toxic. it was the other guy. and i find that toxic. get it?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
People unhappy with a product = entitled nerds is a really weird one I see crop up a lot lately

It's not like this is some little known indie project put together in someone's garage. The game will be a big success so I'm not sure why complaining about the price is bad? Who is affected by this?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
This is looking great. Definitely a nice way to introduce TLOU to new players once the show airs.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Well maybe there is more to this than what a brief glimpse can properly convey? ND is a very highly regarded studio which makes quality gaming experiences. You'd figure on that merit alone, most people would give them the benefit of the doubt. So maybe, until they give us a reason not to trust them, have some faith that this is going to be something worthwhile. I have zero reason to feel it won't be. Once previews and reviews start dropping, I think that would be the time to grab your pitchforks. Right now it just sounds like a bunch of premature outrage.

Just on a surface level, a project just cannot be both "A side project for the ND devs to work on and get used to the PS5" and "most maticulously built and crafted project with the highest level of care and attention to detail possible" and if it indeed is, I think some people just might have a problem with such discription given to a mostly graphical remake of a PS3 game that even lacks gameplay enhancements from their previous game, you know, as a response to complaints about the "value" and substantial improvements - or lack thereof.

I'm sure all devs from all studios are proud of their work and should be, it just doesn't mean people aren't to call out bullshit. And they do, all the time but I guess rules change when it's their favorite 1p developer.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Yup this did it for me. Pre-ordering.

I love me some good atmosphere and this remake will have it in leaps and bounds.

I would be curious to hear if there is anyone that likes a gameplay feature in Lou1 that Lou2 doesn't have?

I feel like weapon progression and unlocking was better in 1 and the overall arsenal was better

Yeah, it's cool, the air and atmosphere is thick.
Just makes me desperate for a true PS5 ND game not set in the zombie apocalypse .

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
the animation and graphics update is really impressive, I'm gonna sit out on this one but for people who have never played the game before or want to replay it with a new coat of paint they are in for a treat

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
Looks incredible! Don't know when I'll find the time to play through the game again, but it looks like I'll be in for a huge treat when I do.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I feel like the expectation was set that this would bring the first game's combat design and toolbox up to the level of Part II, and all I'm really seeing is a lot of AI and animation improvements, like a remaster of a remaster.

There are no major mechanical changes to the game.
Yep, basically this. It's just not worth $60-$70 Sony will ask for.
It will also eventually come to new Plus.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao... I just tried to look up this trailer on youtube and yeeeez, look at all these clickbaity third-rate youtube influencers claiming the remake looks like shit based on the leaked footage and making fools out of themselves.

Oct 30, 2017
Lmao... I just tried to look up this trailer on youtube and yeeeez, look at all these clickbaity third-rate youtube influencers claiming the remake looks like shit based on the leaked footage and making fools out of themselves.
Yeah this narrative around the game has just lead to the perfect opportunity for hot takes and click bait.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Right? There are people that are actually jubilant over playing a 2nd remaster to a 10 year old game that's almost all graphical improvements and little to no gameplay improvements, for full price? This is your victory?

Not surprised you're banned for posting shit like this. Victory? FOH

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I just hope they fix Ellie's giraffe neck during gameplay when she is hiding, that looks weird.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
To the one person I'm too lazy to scroll back up and tag:

People making their negative stance about the price tag known, and how they think it's highway robbery to re-re-release a game like this at full price+ (I think the $70 price hike should start to be called this hehe) aren't doing it for brownie points. They're doing it because they believe it is anti-consumer. All consumers can really do is a) not buy it and b) make an effort to show companies that this full priced re-re-release deal isn't ok and that they should stop furthering such a precedent that they believe is harmful and taking advantage of consumers. If you don't agree with that then cool, you're free to say why you disagree and why you're still going to buy it anyway. No one is trying to control what YOU do with YOUR money. It's ok to have a discussion on a discussion board.

If you find value in this remakester then cool. But stop bitching about those who don't want a future where TLOU2 gets 6 re-releases at full price with upgrades that many people find to be diminishing returns and are doing one of the only two things they can to show companies why they believe it isn't just. Nobody is slapping the teets of the sacred cow out your mouths. 🤣

Nov 1, 2017
People making their negative stance about the price tag known, and how they think it's highway robbery to re-re-release a game like this at full price+ (I think the $70 price hike should start to be called this hehe) aren't doing it for brownie points. They're doing it because they believe it is anti-consumer. All consumers can really do is a) not buy it and b) make an effort to show companies that this full priced re-re-release deal isn't ok and that they should stop furthering such a precedent that they believe is harmful and taking advantage of consumers. If you don't agree with that then cool, you're free to say why you disagree

Ooh, an actual debate? Fun. I'm old enough to remember the last "How dare they raise prices by $10!" price hike controversy that came with the Xbox 360's launch. By my math at 40.95% inflation (based on a quick Google search of 2006 vs. 2022 rates), a $59.99 game then equates to $84.53 in today's money (pre-tax).

Do I enjoy paying more? No. Do I think it's highway robbery? LOL no.