• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
But House Republicans assured me this is incredibly unpopular with the people of this country. A sham. A circus. They wouldn't lie to me.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
CBS poll shouldn't have given the "too soon to say" option, honestly

the Fox poll had better options

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yea this looks to be breaking along party lines. Not surprised, out country is a fucking disgrace.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This country is just completely dead. There's no way for us to move forward as long as that much of the country is utterly brainwashed by the GOP and Fox News.

What's the point in even bothering anymore? Even if a Democrat wins next year, the voters who so gleefully enable Trump will still exist.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Not only has Trump blatantly obstructed Congress but the facts are overwhelming. These numbers should be higher but it just reaffirms that this country is completely lost.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Basically looks like our partisan split.

Wont be enough to get Republicans to do anything
No, they won't remove him, but it can certainly hurt vulnerable ones in their reelection. See Collins, Susan.

I share their sentiment. These stats don't mean much to me until he's actually impeached and kicked out.
Well, then I guess nothing will ever mean anything to you because he won't be removed. We can, however, weaken him for the election and hurt vulnerable Republicans, too.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most people who were following the impeachment trials had already decided their stance beforehand and were just looking for vindication. Those who hadn't made up there mind largely didn't care and weren't going to spend hours watching the proceedings. This is the sad state of affairs our country is in, where people take our democracy for granted

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
This country is just completely dead. There's no way for us to move forward as long as that much of the country is utterly brainwashed by the GOP and Fox News.

What's the point in even bothering anymore? Even if a Democrat wins next year, the voters who so gleefully enable Trump will still exist.

The numbers are improving month over month

LilZippa

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa
GOP narrative is not making any difference. I like the 15% who never know what is happening, but want more information.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Across party lines, almost no change from October and November.

This is what happens when one side of the political spectrum is told that any negative news on this administration is simply "fake news". You can't argue with those people, you can't reason with them. You can have all the receipts in the world, won't change a thing. Won't ever change a thing. They are too far gone.

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how the trial would go if Roberts was able (and wanted) to stop too much coordination between the White House and the Senate.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
When you have McConnell going on live television and flat-out declaring that he will acquit the president and will directly follow the White House's orders, then that is illegal and blatant corruption. McConnell should be in prison. At the very least, he should be removed as the Senate leader.

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The impeachment poll matches around the popular vote split. In fact those that support the president are 41% compared to the 46% of the country the that voted him in. Let's hope that 41% isn't in the important electoral states

ITs also important to get the folks who sat out .org voted 3rd party in 2016.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
41% are dumb fucks I see. I don't know how one can frame it any differently at this point.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I always have an ambivalent reaction to polls like this.

One reaction is based on the idea of a sane world, where people are decent and there's justice, and I'm shocked at how low impeachment and conviction is polling.
The other is based on the world as it is, and I feel relieved at least half the country don't want an openly criminal president.

One thing is for sure: if the very small chance Trump will be convicted in the Senate is to be realised, the polls have to be much higher than they are.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Guys, Fox News/Beacon Research/Shaw & Co (the people who did this particular poll) is pretty solid. Fox News polling in general is fairly decent.

projects.fivethirtyeight.com

Pollster Ratings

FiveThirtyEight’s pollster ratings are calculated by analyzing the historical accuracy and methodology of each firm’s polls.

Fox News/
Beacon Research/
Shaw & Co. Research

A-

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That 15% are the kind of people who take 20 minutes looking at the menu at a restaurant and makes everyone else wait.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
So it's bounced back to late September. I wish it was higher but as we've seen in special elections the Trump brand is extremely toxic. It gets Democrat turnout super high. Some of you all will be surprised election night as Trump is flushed out. The Senate will probably hold GOP but it's going to be brutal for the Republican party in the house and in state elections.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
So it's bounced back to late September. I wish it was higher but as we've seen in special elections the Trump brand is extremely toxic. It gets Democrat turnout super high. Some of you all will be surprised election night as Trump is flushed out. The Senate will probably hold GOP but it's going to be brutal for the Republican party in the house and in state elections.
Hope you're right.

We really need to register voters in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with this.

Trump had massive R support last election and still lost by 3 million.

His base hasn't grown and Democrats are fired up, as we've seen the past two cycles.

OP
OP
Shard Shinjuku
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
By the way, these are terrible numbers for Trump since the majority of respondents are supporting Impeachment and in a historical context only half as many people supported Impeaching Clinton.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Basically "do not impeach" cultist morons have not budged an inch. Nothing will convince them.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
The CBS poll worries me, actually. You would think their polling would show more favourability for impeachment, particularly in comparison to Fox News. This shows that the divide in the country is split incredibly evenly.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
How is it not 70-80%, at the very least? The US is truly lost if there's still close to half the population blindly supporting a transparently corrupt, amoral leader.