• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Z0bjzEh.jpg

Team Cherry just released a development update over on their blog and it has some more details including new enemy designs, but for this post I wanted to focus on the two pieces of music they released as a small sample of what's to come. The soundtrack will once again be composed by Christopher Larkin who also did the music of the original Hollow Knight, and the two tracks titled 'Lace' and 'Bonebottom' can be listened in the player below. As we speak there are 30 songs composed for Hollow Knight: Silksong (compared to 26 tracks in the original game), so at least the music is coming along really well. They kinda make it sound like the game isn't coming out any time soon, but at least we'll have some music to tide us over.

Popcicle

Unbroken Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Keep it up team, psyched for this game and the music in Hollow Knight was one of the best elements so expectations are sky high.

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
Team Cherry is waiting until next gen so they can have two gotgs back to back

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Let them take their time. I'm hoping for a game as vast and amazing as the original, and if that means I have to wait for it, then that's absolutely fine by me.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This game is going to be good.

Can't believe how stacked 2020 is.

OP
OP
GJ

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Wait, really? I thought it was coming out next year?
Well, yeah, but that could still be 12 months off. I won't call that soon. It's not coming in Q1 of 2020 anyway, and probably not in Q2 either. People were hoping for a trailer with a release date in the Indie World presentation and we obviously didn't get that, but it'll for sure be 2020.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Played Hollow Knight for the first time this week and I'm so ready for Silksong already

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
First had one of the best soundtracks ever. That track is pretty awesome (boss track?).

Cant fucking wait.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
The music is lovely and there's a notable increase in budget, with more live instrumentation. Just what the game deserves.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
I'm close to beating the first game, these are usually not my type of games but its a true masterpiece and i cant wait to see whats next with silksong

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
FUCK those songs are good. I was hoping for this to come out early 2020 and it looks like that probably won't happen but I'm beyond excited that they're pushing themselves to go even further than the original in terms of content. Should be well worth the wait.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those two have left me with no uncertainty: score is going to be phenomenal (again).

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is going to be a while off ^_^ I wouldn't surprised if it ends up a bigger game than Hollow Knight.

The new music is fantastic. I can't wait for this game, it's going to amazing for sure.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Played 15 hours of Hollow Knight and need to just restart, forgot too much about it and my initial run through I had no idea where to go and hardly advanced the plot. Love the characters, music, art direction; but the game is tough as nails sometimes.

Edit: 'Bonebottom' was beautiful, music is going to be as great as the first game. I do hope they have a track on the level of City of Tears.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Yeah this is going to be a while off ^_^ I wouldn't surprised if it ends up a bigger game than Hollow Knight.

The new music is fantastic. I can't wait for this game, it's going to amazing for sure.
I mean, it's basically already a bigger game than Hollow Knight, with more music and enemies before they've finished development, Hornet having a more robust moveset, the inclusion of a quest system, etc. Pretty insane because Hollow Knight was already like a 30 hour game and Metroidvanias rarely even go that high.

OP
OP
GJ

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I get the sense this is a 2021 game.
I was lucky enough to play Silksong back at Nintendo's post-E3 event in July and it already felt super polished. They had two playable 'levels', one was the start of the game and one was from around the middle of the game. It had cutscenes and everything. Hornet played like a charm and if they would've said this was a demo of the finished game I would've believed it. I still think they are farther along than they want us to think, but from the way they word stuff on their blog and the fact that the game hasn't been featured anywhere since E3 (afaik) I don't think it'll come out early in 2020.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to do it, aren't they. They're going to make this shit even better than the first and it's going to fucking blow us all away.

Jan 11, 2018
I was lucky enough to play Silksong back at Nintendo's post-E3 event in July and it already felt super polished. They had two playable 'levels', one was the start of the game and one was from around the middle of the game. It had cutscenes and everything. Hornet played like a charm and if they would've said this was a demo of the finished game I would've believed it. I still think they are farther along than they want us to think, but from the way they word stuff on their blog and the fact that the game hasn't been featured anywhere since E3 (afaik) I don't think it'll come out early in 2020.

Yes, it did seem incredibly polished at that time in vids. I'm more judging from the vibe I got from the update. We'll see, I can wait :).

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SOOOOO hyped for this! unless botw comes out next year, this will be my goty for sure.
man, the new music is fantastic. Larkin can do no wrong.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Who would've thought the best gaming news of the day didnt come from TGA.
Such beautiful music.

I cant wait for this!

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Loving Bonebottom very much.
Can't wait to see and hear more of Silksong.
Pretty slim update but it makes sense since they are hard at work.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
If they manage to surpass the original in terms of quality and quantity,it will be a monumental achievement. They certainly have the talent for that

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Glad we ended up getting an update, godspeed to Team Cherry, can't wait to get my hands on Silksong.