• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super curious to see if the murder mystery actually 'changes' who the killer is/was.

IMO the New York Suburb level in Hitman 2 was kind of cool with uncovering the clues for the non-murder objective...until I realized after playing multiple times that there's far too many ways to get the first 2 clues, and the last clue never changes.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I don't think there have been any exact steps mentioned yet, but there have been some mentions that it will be done through your IOI account.

Hmmm...
giphy.gif

Hey you wonderful Dev for a wonderful game.... how's that Steam ----> EGS transfer lookin'?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super curious to see if the murder mystery actually 'changes' who the killer is/was.

IMO the New York Suburb level in Hitman 2 was kind of cool with uncovering the clues for the non-murder objective...until I realized after playing multiple times that there's far too many ways to get the first 2 clues, and the last clue never changes.
There's actually 3 clues of each category and you only need 1 clue of each category

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
So I get what the costumes are, but what else exactly is in the digital deluxe? Like what are contracts? Games always do this where they don't explain what you are paying for lol...

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Playing without any notifications, mission stories, or map on is peak Hitman. You have to pay attention and really plan your moves out. I think everyone should try a HUD off run, especially the first time through a level

So I get what the costumes are, but what else exactly is in the digital deluxe? Like what are contracts? Games always do this where they don't explain what you are paying for lol...
You get the soundtrack, exclusive escalations, and a digital book.

Last edited:

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Playing without any notifications, mission stories, or map on is peak Hitman. You have to pay attention and really plan your moves out. I think everyone should try a HUD off run, especially the first time through a level

First run through a mission and I leave on the "Hitman" sense and that's it. It's awesome.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Escalations are custom made missions with different targets and objectives/complications (sometimes whacky ones and unique modifiers). There are already a lot of them in H1 and H2 if you want to take a look. They're pretty good content in general.
As the name implies they have several levels of difficulty, with the last level being the hardest and the one that matters for scoring (if you care about that), the previous levels teaching you how the mission works.

Escalations in H1 were not great, but in H2 they've stepped it up so it should be good content for H3 if you want more hitman.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Do we have any word with when the Hitman 2 servers are closing? I still haven't got the sniper co-op trophies and haven't seen any information yet on what they're being replaced with.

Trophies are basically the same as the other two Hitman games. Do mission stories, do a few misc things, explore and get full mastery on each level. You only have to do level 5 escalations on one level though which is a godsend. Those were a lot of trial and error restarts (mind you that's probably not nearly as bad with new gen SSDs).

It's a shame the H1 and H2 trophies were cut down to just the basic stuff. Was hoping to auto pop 100+ trophies.

I imagine they they are the same servers as 3, so I wouldn't imagine they will be shut down so soon.
If you need someone to co-op them with, let me know!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Check the Direct Comparison video I posted in the OP. Instead of going thru new Hitman 3 levels, he looks at how the past games' levels run in Hitmsn 3. Mainly looks like new SSR implementations (which all look amazing).
Ah cool stuff, will do that, thank you. Am still blind to almost all of 3's gameplay so err'd off of the videos but seems to be exactly what I'm looking for!
Absolutely. This is looking like a good 'un. Sadly, I won't be able to bask in glorious next-gen 4K RTX bald pate reflections, but it still looks good on last-gen regardless.
Shame. Think of all the gameplay you're missing out on by not seeing the reflection of someone creeping up on you in that beautiful dome of his :') Nah it's only a curiosity, the levels will be a complete blast regardless of which platform I bet. It's just one of the games where the raw gameplay and systems are fantastic in and of themselves.

OP
OP
cabelhigh

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Ah cool stuff, will do that, thank you. Am still blind to almost all of 3's gameplay so err'd off of the videos but seems to be exactly what I'm looking for!

Ohhh, warning then, he does go into some of the gameplay additions for Hitman 3. If youve been wanting to go completely blind, you might want to skip around the video a bit

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shame. Think of all the gameplay you're missing out on by not seeing the reflection of someone creeping up on you in that beautiful dome of his :') Nah it's only a curiosity, the levels will be a complete blast regardless of which platform I bet. It's just one of the games where the raw gameplay and systems are fantastic in and of themselves.

Totally agree. Hitman is its yummy yummy levels and this last trilogy has (so far) delivered ze goods.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017

Audio sounds worse in Hitman 3 to me, those race cars sound way more muffled and the overall range of sound is narrower for some reason

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pre ordered for PS5. Assuming I'll be able to download 1 and 2, import the levels and just binge it all in 3?

Captainslow

Dec 3, 2020
+1

I'd like to understand this as well...if anyone knows. I currently have Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 installed on my PS5 and I've pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition of Hitman 3. Can I just delete what I have right now, download Hitman 3 and then I'm good? I understand the game isn't out yet and everyone's probably wondering this but maybe I've missed something or there's a nugget of information out there that outlines the upgrade process.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
+1

I'd like to understand this as well...if anyone knows. I currently have Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 installed on my PS5 and I've pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition of Hitman 3. Can I just delete what I have right now, download Hitman 3 and then I'm good? I understand the game isn't out yet and everyone's probably wondering this but maybe I've missed something or there's a nugget of information out there that outlines the upgrade process.
A member of IOI posted above that they would make a public announcement soon.
Hey! I don't want to communicate that here and now because we will communicate this through our official channels...soon!

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Escalations exclusive to the deluxe edition I presume. Perhaps with exclusive item unlocks
OK so, I realise I was always putting too much emphasis on the deluxe part...as it also has deluxe suits...so they're just "escalations", gotcha. I am a moron, cool...were they not standard in 1 and 2? I didn't play 1 too much and didn't touch 2 but it's a favourite franchise and I want to be in day 1 for 3.

With all the content that carries over...what about patient zero?

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I pre-ordered the PS5 Digital Deluxe version. It is only slightly more expensive than the regular version.

Having Hitman 1 and 2 on sale for so cheap was a brilliant move on Sony's part to get new people interested in the series. I bought both and I am really enjoying myself. Being able to incorporate all the previous locations into Hitman 3 helped make this an easy purchase (pre-order) decision.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017

Audio sounds worse in Hitman 3 to me, those race cars sound way more muffled and the overall range of sound is narrower for some reason

Interesting, would say it does sound more compressed or narrow. Outside of the new graphical features, there's pretty much minor improvements on shown like the suit quality (really a fix of H2's take) and the way 47 handles the Fusil class of rifles.

As Direct Comparison has noted again from their original H2 launch video: the bloom/glare is excessive and detracts from Hitman's overall visuals. Give players an option to adjust or disable this.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I actually just started Hitman 2016 in Hitman 2 after having it via GWG and having Hitman 2 on disc.

Has there been any word on what kind of improvements might come from waiting and playing the H1/H2 campaigns in H3? For reference I'm playing on Series X, so H2 is backwards compat whereas H3 I know is a native XSX title.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we have any information of the unlocks in Hitman 1&2 are tied to the IOI Account or the platform? I played (and unlocked a shitton of stuff) both H1 and H2 on PS4 but would like to play H3 on XSX.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Has there been any word on Hitman 3 supporting giro-aiming? I botted up Hitman 2 and played a sniper level and was really missing it.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
If you have a PS5, should you buy the PS4 version since you also get the free upgrade on PS5? Am I being insane?

I'm insane, I think.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
If you have a PS5, should you buy the PS4 version since you also get the free upgrade on PS5? Am I being insane?

I'm insane, I think.
If you get it digitally, you should buy the deluxe edition on PS5 which is currently only $4 more from the full price. You'll get both ports either way.

For Retail; you can get it on PS4 and get both ports. If you get it on PS5 though it will probably only work there since it's using a UHD blu-ray.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
If you get it digitally, you should buy the deluxe edition on PS5 which is currently only $4 more from the full price. You'll get both ports either way.

For Retail; you can get it on PS4 and get both ports. If you get it on PS5 though it will probably only work there since it's using a UHD blu-ray.
What? It shows the PS5 Deluxe Edition is $71.99, but the PS5 Standard Version is $59.99?

EDIT: Updated Digital* to Deluxe

Last edited:

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Only 3 escalations? Man I was hoping for more. Not sure I'll buy deluxe.
Sounds like there will be 3 escalations at launch, and X more at some point later.
https://youtu.be/DjtUgtGgMtc?t=16 (pause, see *)

Apparently they're not yet ready to share all Deluxe Escalation details for some marketing reason.
But it seems relatively safe to assume that there will be one Deluxe Escalation (and outifts/items) per level. So three more, for six in total.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
What I want to know is how slow the UI is.
And whether it seems to send/receive data from a server everytime you navigate.

A Path Finder

Developer at ioi
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
There are 6 Deluxe escalations. They are all more or less built around the outfit they are coming with, meaning more premium than normal ones. Think GOTY edition type escalations.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any word on what kind of improvements might come from waiting and playing the H1/H2 campaigns in H3? For reference I'm playing on Series X, so H2 is backwards compat whereas H3 I know is a native XSX title.

In your case probably not, because H2 already runs at native 4K with a framerate unlock toggle on Xbox One X. The main graphical improvement in H3 appears to be added SSR reflections across all maps, and Playstation users can now run the game at 4K60.

There are 6 Deluxe escalations. They are all more or less built around the outfit they are coming with, meaning more premium than normal ones. Think GOTY edition type escalations.

Awesome!

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Yeah what's with this trend of the deluxe editions charging 20 dollars for basically glorified pre-order bonuses. Sony exclusives are really bad for this in particular.
On the plus side- saves me money.