• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Played through some of Hitman 2 on gamepass. Really enjoyed it. Definitely as much a puzzle game as it is a game about killing people. Some of the level design is as good as it can get. I personally loved the fashion mission. It's funny because I have clear memories of playing the original game on the original xbox back in the day and it was an enormous jank-fest.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Played through some of Hitman 2 on gamepass. Really enjoyed it. Definitely as much a puzzle game as it is a game about killing people. Some of the level design is as good as it can get. I personally loved the fashion mission. It's funny because I have clear memories of playing the original game on the original xbox back in the day and it was an enormous jank-fest.

You mean Hitman 2: Silent Assassin? The detection meter on that game was obtuse as all hell. Took me a while to get a handle on it. Some really great missions though.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Not super thrilled that I'll have to go through the Epic launcher on PC, but I have H1 and H2 on PC and a 3080 so I'm going to go that route. It's going to be the place where I should get the best performance for sure. If I remember correctly, they did say you could import H1 and H2 levels and progress to the PC version even if you own the first two on Steam, correct?

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Honestly, this close to release, and we STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT DELUXE ESCALATIONS ARE

It is genuinely putting me off buying the game

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Not super thrilled that I'll have to go through the Epic launcher on PC, but I have H1 and H2 on PC and a 3080 so I'm going to go that route. It's going to be the place where I should get the best performance for sure. If I remember correctly, they did say you could import H1 and H2 levels and progress to the PC version even if you own the first two on Steam, correct?
They did, but we know nothing about how it works yet

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
You mean Hitman 2: Silent Assassin? The detection meter on that game was obtuse as all hell. Took me a while to get a handle on it. Some really great missions though.

You're right. The original game never came to xbox. I started with Silent Assassin - specifically the demo level that came on the front of a magazine. I remember being dressed as a milkman and immediately getting caught with my ballers. Rinse and repeat! The new games are great however.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Do we have any word with when the Hitman 2 servers are closing? I still haven't got the sniper co-op trophies and haven't seen any information yet on what they're being replaced with.

Looks like H3 has a platinum trophy. Nice top off for the series.
psnprofiles.com

Hitman 3 Trophies

1 Platinum • 1 Gold • 16 Silver • 66 Bronze

Also has anyone claimed the OT yet? I'm not seeing it referenced anywhere. If not I might pick it up.
Trophies are basically the same as the other two Hitman games. Do mission stories, do a few misc things, explore and get full mastery on each level. You only have to do level 5 escalations on one level though which is a godsend. Those were a lot of trial and error restarts (mind you that's probably not nearly as bad with new gen SSDs).

It's a shame the H1 and H2 trophies were cut down to just the basic stuff. Was hoping to auto pop 100+ trophies.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Do we have any word with when the Hitman 2 servers are closing? I still haven't got the sniper co-op trophies and haven't seen any information yet on what they're being replaced with.
The only one I am still missing is the only accidental deaths in the prison. I just gave up at some point...

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
This is already my GOTY 2021. Just like HITMAN 2 was my GOTY 2018 and HITMAN ... you get the idea ...

I cannot wait for the 20th!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I just know... and they also stated that in an interview after releasing the trailer for that level.
I find it almost impossible to believe they accidentally fell into almost the exact same plot and setting by pure coincidence. Thrombley and Thornbridge are even similar names. But if they said that somewhere, they said it

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The more I think about it, Hitman 3 might be my most anticipated game of 2021. I'm still not sure I can justify the $80 price tag at launch though, but the problem with waiting for Hitman to go on sale is that you end up missing the initial run of elusive targets and timed content. I'll probably jump on day one just because I don't even know when the next game that I want to play at launch is coming out. I don't even know if any games I'm looking forward to beyond Hitman 3 have release dates yet.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I know you can import hitman 1 and 2 content in hitman 3, but can you also import your saves to keep your challenges / masteries / escalations?

Jun 17, 2018
I only started my first playthrough of the first game this week. I have the second too but will probably wait until I've wrapped them up before grabbing this. It looks so good though!

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's too bad for that for 3, they are again only doing 5 full-fledged maps and then a tiny one, but if the quality is high, I'm still excited. I have to say all of the mission in 3 look conceptually very cool. In 1 and 2 there were ones that I just didn't like in terms of location and aesthetics, regardless of how well or poorly they were actually executed (Vermont and Colorado come to mind).

Every location in 3 at least looks like it has big potential.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're right. The original game never came to xbox. I started with Silent Assassin - specifically the demo level that came on the front of a magazine. I remember being dressed as a milkman and immediately getting caught with my ballers. Rinse and repeat! The new games are great however.

Got to hide them in a crate 😉

Yeah, this series has been fantastic.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
www.thegamer.com

Players Will Be Able To Carry Hitman 1 & 2 Progress Over To Hitman 3

As it turns out, it will actually be possible to transfer all content from the two previous Hitman games into Hitman 3.

I thought it was confirmed progress does carry over?
According to that article only hitman 2 saves will transfer over, but they specify at launch. Maybe that will change. I'm playing through hitman 1 right now but I'm not sure if I should continue now that it seems my save won't transfer.

Formanovo

May 10, 2018
Denmark
That's cool. Rarely get an opportunity to thank developers 'in person', so if I can be a bit cheeky:

Been a fan of the series for 20 years and the WOA trilogy is absolutely peak Hitman. Good job to you and the team. 👍🏽

Must be weird saying goodbye for a while. Like, relief you get to work on something different but sad you're seeing an old friend go.

Thank you! It's always brightens the mood to get positive feedback from players, especially long-time fans such as yourself.

I try to interact with the community a bit as I always found it inspiring to hear developers go into depth about their passion all the way back from when that only happened through magazines and I wasn't a professional developer yet. Now it's much more interactive with you all and I think that's excellent (and also sometimes a bit overwhelming), but I'm hoping that I can share a bit of the insight and passion that I'm surrounded by everyday to spark the excitement of interest in games in more people.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Sorry for the nub question but are Hitman 1&2 levels seeing improvements on next gen consoles?

Excited to jump into 3. I barely played any of 2 - I think only one location outside of the tutorial house - so there will be a wealth of content for me to explore.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Thank you! It's always brightens the mood to get positive feedback from players, especially long-time fans such as yourself.

I try to interact with the community a bit as I always found it inspiring to hear developers go into depth about their passion all the way back from when that only happened through magazines and I wasn't a professional developer yet. Now it's much more interactive with you all and I think that's excellent (and also sometimes a bit overwhelming), but I'm hoping that I can share a bit of the insight and passion that I'm surrounded by everyday to spark the excitement of interest in games in more people.

Now of only there was a way to get even more inside information from IOI...
*tosses coin next to Formanovo*

(Just got into the Series now in the lead-up to H3 and you managed to make the only stealth game besides MGS i actively enjoy. Whatever you guys do with your games, it must be the right thing :-))

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
1565.gif

Ps. Also a big thanks from me, been playing Hitman since that first mission taking out the Red Dragon.