• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Surprised I didnt see a thread for this. Previews are absolutely glowing

kotaku.com

Hitman 3's Dubai Shows Agent 47 At His Murderous Best

Hitman 3, which releases January 20, is the last in the trilogy of Hitman reboots that started in 2016. What I played of it in a preview this week felt as tense and exciting as ever, with a glamorous new location to infiltrate and powerful figures to track down. While there are a few new...

www.polygon.com

Hitman 3 has a secret weapon — its story

Agent 47 is out for blood, and we’re happy to join him

www.pcgamer.com

How Hitman 3's devs shrank the entire trilogy install size by over 80GB

As most PC game installs get more and more bloated, Hitman 3 cut its file size in half.

Last edited:

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
We might just be about to get one of the best trilogy in gaming. And it will all be playable in one launcher. And in VR for those who are into that.

Nayeon

Oct 29, 2017
I loved Hitman 1 & 2. Can't wait for to play this on my PS5 in a few weeks. The previews sound goooood.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
so ready for this, I even reinstalled Hitman 2 to get back into the groove of it all

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
ACG was also raving about it, apart from the PSVR implementation.

Mod Edit: Link to banned YouTube channel removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
cabelhigh

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Really interesting that it sounds like there are more gameplay additions than 2. So far Ive seen the Camera, locked doors that require a keycode, and shortcuts that need to be unlocked but persist through subsequent playthroughs. Edit: Also you can start without a map of the level!?

Love how IO is going full immersive sim

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
hmm, only 3 mission stories for the first 2 maps? Following those honestly is the most fun i have in hitman, so that is a bit of a bummer.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is his impressions banned? Since when? Must have missed that.

Edit:nevermind don't want to derail the thread.

Really looking forward to playing hitman 3, got it preordered and just waiting for it to get here.
The whole Karak/ACG Black Chamber, CP2077 transphobia drama starts from here.
www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

I couldn't find the statement before, but now I see that it even says "text-only thread" and not even "text-only post". So not only was the limitation of text only thrown out, it was broken by the staff in the second post of the thread. I know I'm just one voice, but I personally find them...

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need to see previews to know this is going to be good. IO have been on fire post-Absolution.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Does the VR version include the same levels as non VR version? If so just going to play everything in VR

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
hmm, only 3 mission stories for the first 2 maps? Following those honestly is the most fun i have in hitman, so that is a bit of a bummer.

Is that true? I hope this doesn't indicate small or less detailed maps throughout the game.

Reading these previews is putting me at ease though, never should have doubted them. Sounds amazing.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
That second level is right in line with the sense of humour that's always run through the series, can't wait.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent. Super promising.

And as soon as that's wrapped up...Project 007... :-)

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Might be my first Hitman game. I've been thinking about playing a Hitman game for a long time but i have so little time.
Looks very very good.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
gonna be one of the best games of the year just like the last two were. the murder mystery level sounds incredible

Dermee

Dec 16, 2017
Not having much luck googling around. Do we know how many locations will be in this yet, and are they all known at this point?

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Just pre-ordered the deluxe edition on ps store (thank you ps+ discount). Can't wait. GOG also sent me a discount code this morning for all the classic games too. ~$8.50 for five games is hard to beat.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
All of this sounds amazing and hope the other levels have as much going on.

Also anyone know why this is releasing on a Wednesday?

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The added screenspace reflections make it look SO much better, and it's all been retroactively added to the old maps. It's a shame there's no console RT. but the SSR honestly looks so good here I'm not too bothered.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Is that true? I hope this doesn't indicate small or less detailed maps throughout the game.

Reading these previews is putting me at ease though, never should have doubted them. Sounds amazing.

Polygon mentions it and you can also see it in the ACG video. Doubt it means smaller levels based on the previews though, maybe the mission stories are bigger this time?

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems unfair for game of the year to come out so soon.

Trying to avoid as much of the previews as possible, but from the little tidbits I have read, Dartmoor has me incredibly hyped.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Man I am so excited for more Hitman. I'm gonna be playing that familiar game now of wanting to absorb every preview and piece of media but also wanting to keep myself fresh and spoiler free for the locations.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
Hitman is the only franchise I like that I can pre-order without second thought. IOI always deliver.

Can't wait to solve that murder mystery myself

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
The whole Karak/ACG Black Chamber, CP2077 transphobia drama starts from here.
www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

I couldn't find the statement before, but now I see that it even says "text-only thread" and not even "text-only post". So not only was the limitation of text only thrown out, it was broken by the staff in the second post of the thread. I know I'm just one voice, but I personally find them...
Damn, had no idea. Disappointing.