• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
It's not really in advance, they just moved up the date where they charge everyone for the month. They're closing out February bundle subscriptions today, not on the 28th.
I don't know what you mean by this - they're announcing the full contents of the bundle a week before it launches. They have not previously done this

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Ironically, while the best month in some time, I already have everything in it that I could possibly ever want.

Oct 25, 2017
Already have both Control and Xoom but I'll take a steam key for Control and want to try the train wreck that is WWE so I'm in.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I don't know if I'll redeem base Control tbh, Ultimate Edition is cheaper during sales (and I already got it on PS+).

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Wow that's me not pausing for two months in a row! Record.

Not interested in Control since PS+ but wanted to try Chimera and Elex.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Aren't base Control & Ultimate Edition Control the same thing on PC other than one having the DLC thrown in? I thought I read somewhere that there's no performance/visual changes between the two on PC.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
With 4,139 games in my Steam library the one one i own is Control. Though its not a great bundle, its decent for me to continue to sub.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
Bought Control for 10 bucks, then it was part of PS+, now its in humble choice...

Bought it vallla nearly on launch, never played it, sold it. bought ultimate on launch, then free with gamepass, started it and saves are not compatible with next gen (do not have next gen console though, but I do not like to stat it once more), then free with ps+, now on humble. Very, very angry about this.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
An update regarding Control:

So either 505 is spending resources making a Steam version of vanilla Control, or it's the Ultimate Edition. Kinda weird for Humble to not specify if its the latter.

Glad to see this. Humble moving to only offer EGS keys for games that were available on both platforms would have made me seriously consider cancelling my Classic plan.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Control is so good. Bought it for $20 bucks a few weeks ago and just finished 100% it on Steam. Elex is amazing as well (if you like Euro-RPGs). Another hold for me but a great bundle.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

It really is the standard edition.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
That's as expected. A little disappointing but it is my understanding that the DLCs don't add much to the game. I think this is the best Choice since they renamed Monthly, with more than 5 games I actually want to play.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't realize that wasn't an expansion to the first... what's with the middling reviews?
I'll assume it's because it isn't the x-com that people wanted. Personally, I just couldn't deal with how long it took to get through missions anymore. Finding the last guy hiding in the corner of a big map, etc.

It's YMMV for everyone.

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
I'll assume it's because it isn't the x-com that people wanted. Personally, I just couldn't deal with how long it took to get through missions anymore. Finding the last guy hiding in the corner of a big map, etc.

It's YMMV for everyone.
Is it worse about mission lengths than XC2?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Is it worse about mission lengths than XC2?
Oh sorry, I may have explained it poorly. Chimera Squad missions are like < 10 mins; I did not enjoy how long XC2/WOTC missions were, and how engagements go. It got tiring, especially because XC1 was the same way.

So Chimera changed things up enough that I found it more enjoyable.

I haven't played Chimera in quite some time though, so I don't know if they added anything new.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I kind of hate getting a game on PS+ then a month or two later it appears as the big game on Humble Bundle - Even worse this month with getting Ultimate Edition abs now this is Standard. Still, some other interesting titles too

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Elex is really underrated. If you can deal with some clunky combat, it's a great RPG that doesn't hold your hand for everything.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I like the fact you can choose between egs and steam keys at least

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Wow the AI in Hotshot Racing sucks ass. Rubberbanding is bad and they are constantly bumping into you. Deleted after 30 minutes. A shame since the artstyle and physics are pretty good.