• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like Sen Warren is letting this race get away tonight. Lack of fire, energy and enthusiasm. Just disappearing into the background.
She hasn't realized that Iowa changed everything and it's time to fight instead of waiting for others to drop so you can pull in their supporters.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
What are you talking about?

You: "No one actually believes China is a great communist nation!"
Me: Yes they do?
You: "Find a single person!"
Me: Finds like six of these tweets after one search and picks the one with the highest follower count.

How does your post follow.
Why do you always type like this?

I'd say there is a deranged proportion of people online that subscribe entirely to Xi Jinping thought and Juche however they do not represent the full breadth and ideals of communist and leftist thought and to represent these people as a somewhat monolithic left while also calling Vladimir Putin a communist leader is incredibly offensive because you clearly have zero clue what you're talking about and just want to red bait. You should go have a beer, I've heard it can improve your decision making abilities.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand Warren't strategy.
Her strategy was to be Acceptable Bernie, then she suddenly leaned way into the "Acceptable" half way too early and squandered her only chance, and every hail mary attempt to revitalize things has either made it worse or done nothing, and she and her campaign seem to have literally no clue what to do now unless it's yet another hail mary for contested convention unity candidate.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
I think that is very accurate and you can see some of that same type of effect having occurred with college tuition. The key to reducing housing prices is simple: build more housing. Actually implementing that is very difficult given that homeowners are massively overrepresented in electorates and tend to be fans of policies that keep new people out and keep their home prices rising.

UBI is a good idea for a lot of reasons, but it won't fix rental prices and could just get soaked into housing in places like NYC and CA.
i agree, yeah

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
Pete has no path with his current minority support.
That may be but don't you think if he did get the nomination, minorities would still pick him over Trump? I mean I would like to think they aren't going to stay home to avoid voting against Trump. But I could be way off on that. I do get the point he would likely not inspire them to go out and vote. And what he doesn't get with minorities he very well may balance off with center-moderate right support. I mean I don't think it's that crazy but idk.

Oct 26, 2017
Why do you always type like this?

I'd say there is a deranged proportion of people online that subscribe entirely to Xi Jinping thought and Juche however they do not represent the full breadth and ideals of communist and leftist thought and to represent these people as a somewhat monolithic left while also calling Vladimir Putin a communist leader is incredibly offensive because you clearly have zero clue what you're talking about and just want to red bait. You should go have a beer, I've heard it can improve your decision making abilities.

I am joking about the insane cultists online.

I do think communism is a pretty failed ideology. If you are a communist, then I am baffled at the idea you are attacking prohibition as failed (I support stronger alcohol controls and not prohibition also) when... communism's history is extremely poor.

Dec 31, 2017
That may be but don't you think if he did get the nomination, minorities would still pick him over Trump? I mean I would like to think they aren't going to stay home to avoid voting against Trump. But I could be way off on that. I do get the point he would likely not inspire them to go out and vote. And what he doesn't get with minorities he very well may balance off with center-moderate right support. I mean I don't think it's that crazy but idk.

I definitely think they would vote for him over trump, but he may not get the turnout that the other candidates can bring out (mostly Biden...somewhat sanders).

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Warren is my candidate as I think she is...more... "electable" (sorry) than Sanders, but it's about time for me to go all in on Sanders. Sorry Liz

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"A lot of people internationally on the left are communists" is a pretty massive claim is I believe what he's referring to.
a significant portion of the international left is made up of communists, who've very often been a significant portion of the labor movement and civil rights movements, it's not a contentious point at all. even in the US, historically. look at the Black Panthers. maybe it's a shocking idea to people stuck in the 2020 US political bubble but that's not my problem

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Am I wrong in saying that this woman is aghast at the idea of decriminalization?! WTF

Oct 26, 2017
Her strategy was to be Acceptable Bernie, then she suddenly leaned way into the "Acceptable" half way too early and squandered her only chance, and every hail mary attempt to revitalize things has either made it worse or done nothing, and she and her campaign seem to have literally no clue what to do now unless it's yet another hail mary for contested convention unity candidate.

This seems extremely to misunderstand the timeline?

She got very popular for a bit but then released her health care plan which massively raised taxes and she started getting scrutinized by the media for being the front-runner.

I have no idea how this timeline follows.

Also, Warren is easily the second most radical presidential candidate in like a century. She's purposing a level of spending which is totally unprecedented.

Oct 26, 2017
a significant portion of the international left is made up of communists, who've very often been a significant portion of the labor movement and civil rights movements, it's not a contentious point at all. even in the US, historically. look at the Black Panthers. maybe it's a shocking idea to people stuck in the 2020 US political bubble but that's not my problem

This is a lot of attacking Americans and not a lot of statistics fwiw.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yang
zzZzzZzz

Klob
zzZzzZzz

Can we get these motherfuckers out of here and focus on the actual candidates please.