• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm always so curious what they start chit-chatting about during commercial breaks.

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like Sen Warren is letting this race get away tonight. Lack of fire, energy and enthusiasm. Just disappearing into the background.

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie needs to go after Pete and his shit support from African-Americans and Hispanics. How can he win a GE if turnout among core Dem groups are bad?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
doing the outrageous global war spending contrasted with our real common enemy of climate change was a good flip by bernie, he got that off well

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
IWMTB1 was clearly referencing Tankie/Authoritarian Shill Twitter, the propagandist types that go "The protestors in Hong Kong are actually the bad guys". Norton, Cohen, etc.

I've got a lot of experience spotting this and arguing against it because back in the old place, when I said I supported UBI, left folks kept accusing me of supporting stuff like Yang's crap and I had to learn how to explain that I wasn't.
how do you feel about UBI and the claim that landlords will just raise rental prices? do you think there's any sound economics behind that expectation?

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I don't care about Biden's stuttering, his answers were mostly terrible though.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I think we can rule out Biden or Warren ever winning the nomination.
Feels like Sen Warren is letting this race get away tonight. Lack of fire, energy and enthusiasm. Just disappearing into the background.

I don't understand Warren't strategy. She's doing nothing to standout tonight or to show how her ideas differ from everyone else's.

Biden is sinking fast, and Warren may not be far behind.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
the more i think about it, bernie is definitely the leader we need against trump going into this election.

Oct 26, 2017
Damn you're right Bernie's gonna pay for this, I'll ring up my sleeper Juche squads and tell them that Bernie's cancelled if he comes around again

What are you talking about?

You: "No one actually believes China is a great communist nation!"
Me: Yes they do?
You: "Find a single person!"
Me: Finds like six of these tweets posted in the last couple minutes after one search and picks the one with the highest follower count.

How does your post follow.

Dec 31, 2017
Bernie showing a lot of knowledge on the international front in this debate. It's impressive. I wonder if Bernie will call out Pete's lack of minority support - this will be the real attack. So far the commentators have given Pete softballs.

Seems like Warren is sadly a second thought in this debate.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Bernie doing really well. Aside from the word trips Biden is having, I think he is doing well enough. Warren sadly disappeared from existence these last 20 minutes or so it feels like. Amy too.

Dec 31, 2017
Also my man called out China for the Uighur camps. MBS for Khashoggi, Putin, and Kim Jong un.

YOU DONT WANT THIS SMOKE.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
The "I took Bush at his word" defense of the Iraq war vote is staggeringly dumb. I knew Bush was taking us to war as a early 20's college drop out doofus. We all knew. If you genuinely didn't realize that vote was sending us to war you're a complete idiot and your judgment is as disqualifyingly poor as a straight Iraq war vote.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Biden stutters, it happens. That doesn't mean he's incoherent or making bad points.
Exactly. This is what pisses me off the most about people saying he's bumbling or going senile. It's been well documented throughout Biden's life that he stutters. People are just coming across as insensitive

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how do you feel about UBI and the claim that landlords will just raise rental prices? do you think there's any sound economics behind that expectation?
I think that is very accurate and you can see some of that same type of effect having occurred with college tuition. The key to reducing housing prices is simple: build more housing. Actually implementing that is very difficult given that homeowners are massively overrepresented in electorates and tend to be fans of policies that keep new people out and keep their home prices rising.

UBI is a good idea for a lot of reasons, but it won't fix rental prices and could just get soaked into housing in places like NYC and CA.