• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The thing about Pete is, even when he is basically saying nothing of any substance, he says it in a very articulate and seemingly intelligent way. And that's why he's so dangerous cause he's so good at wooing gullible voters

May 26, 2018
I can't believe this is even a fucking question. Already people high up are talking about giving Trump a free pass if he's defeated in November. Utter insanity.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
I love Bernie but he has to bring that town hall energy and rhetoric to the debates. He's becoming a parrot

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm not sure about that actual amount, the overall idea is why I'm not quite on board with Bernie. A lot of his policies are band-aid policies that don't fix the core issue. The current American healthcare system is simply dsyfunctional; medical prices are insane. And the reason isn't simply just "insurance," though it a part of it. M4A, if anything, risks cementing the issues as it put's a big government band-aid on the problem for medical companies to charge. Voters will be "okay" with it, because everything's been moved out of sight, and the real systematic issues won't be addressed. If anything, M4A should be the last step after the medical industry is kicked into better shape. Not the first step.

Of course, fixing the issues is going to be a complicate, long, difficult road, and no one want's to do that.

M4A has a guideline for prices for procedures that is in line with other first world countries.

There's studies from right winged institutions that say that overall prices will go down by 2-3 trillion dollars over ten years compared to current healthcare.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
The other night I was high and there was a Steyer townhall on CNN. I was fascinated. Watched the whole thing. He was kind of cool when he got to talk for more than 30 seconds.

It's also kind of cool to have no skin in the game now that I've caucused. I still want Bernie, but it's easier to listen and be like, please, any of them. Any. Of. Them. Especially after this week.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Pete truly is an AI platitude generator, which I guess is the whole point of his candidacy.

While I'm not sure about that actual amount, the overall idea is why I'm not quite on board with Bernie. A lot of his policies are band-aid policies that don't fix the core issue. The current American healthcare system is simply dsyfunctional; medical prices are insane. And the reason isn't simply just "insurance," though it a part of it. M4A, if anything, risks cementing the issues as it put's a big government band-aid on the problem for medical companies to charge. Voters will be "okay" with it, because everything's been moved out of sight, and the real systematic issues won't be addressed. If anything, M4A should be the last step after the medical industry is kicked into better shape. Not the first step.

Of course, fixing the issues is going to be a complicate, long, difficult road, and no one want's to do that.
Your logic is reversing reality entirely. Bernie is the only candidate that's offering an actual upheaval of the system, addressing it as it is: something that needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. The health care industry doesn't need to improve - it needs to stop being an industry. The others are the ones who are proposing slight modfiications and band-aid policies.

less

Oct 25, 2017
NO Yang. Letting these fucks off is going to cause a lot more problems down the line.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Warren comes at the same problems as Bernie, but with a bit less "angry and fed up" energy and a bit more quiet empathy. And I get why that doesn't excite people, but man, it's such a shame that it doesn't, because it always feels right to me.

Yeah I donated to Bernie in 2016 but if Warren is still around by super Tuesday she's getting my vote. They are my top two by a decent margin but I feel like Warren would better implement the ideas they both share