• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Halo 4 has an amazing story, which stands great and better then 1-3 on its own. But combined with all the Media like the Series, the Movie or most importantly the Books makes it superior and just so well thought out.

The rampancy stuff was interesting and the first book by Greg Bear is pretty good but the game killed any motivation to read the others. What happened to Didact and the events leading up to that ending was just not interesting imo; and the conclusion to whatever was happening in spartan ops, which I think it was wrapped up in a comic, didn't really amount to anything? I admit to not being up on all the media surrounding Halo 4 or 5 but I much prefer the supplemental media and stories that surround H1-3/ODST (with the exception of the hunt the truth audio drama which is amazing, much like Ilovebees oh and Forward Unto Dawn which was decent).

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't assume there wasn't, was just making sure it was a proper implementation and not just straight mapping mouse cursor to analog stick with no deadzone/aiming adjustments.

Thanks for letting me know!
I don't think there's been a major PC game release with controller support issues like that for... I dunno, seven years maybe? It's hard to tell.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I remember playing Reach and thinking, man what if Bungie made a FPS that carried character progress between single player and multiplayer, and had MMO style raids? Now after playing hundreds of hours of Destiny I want them to make another great campaign with best in class arena style multiplayer and ditch the GaaS model.

Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing Reach and thinking, man what if Bungie made a FPS that carried character progress between single player and multiplayer, and had MMO style raids? Now after playing hundreds of hours of Destiny I want them to make another great campaign with best in class arena style multiplayer and ditch the GaaS model.
I mean if only SOMEONE with the halo IP could make a decent Arena Shooter...

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's been so long since my last playthrough. Cannot wait to do it again.

So weird to be excited all over again for this game.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only good Halo game!

CleverGoldenDogwoodclubgall-max-1mb.gif

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hell fucking yeah. The best Halo campaign.
It has some really good missions such as Tip of the Spear, Long Night of Solace, New Alexandria and Lone Wolf.

But ultimately it didnt deliver how truly hopeless the battle for Reach was, there are glimpses of it. But aside from Lone Wolf or the end of Long Night of Solace for a few seconds, you never feel that the covenant is an overwhelming military force that is forcing you to retreat.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Halo 4 has an amazing story, which stands great and better then 1-3 on its own. But combined with all the Media like the Series, the Movie or most importantly the Books makes it superior and just so well thought out.
1-3 don't have anything nearly as bad as a magic chosen one gene which makes you immune to the big bad laser symphony. The Diadact also was just an extremely unengaging villain for me.

The stuff with Chief, Cortana, and other people was pretty well done, but all the Forerunner stuff just makes 4 leave such a bad taste in my mouth.

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to actually get Halo Reach on PC next week. It'll be my first ever playing it all the way through!

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Another point for the "best campaign" bucket for me. Don't care about the story, but the design/variety of the missions were the strongest the series has seen. I'd've liked them to go a *little* farther in a few places in that regard, but still - best of the series.

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice that we got to a point where the Master Chief Collection works and Reach is being added to the package.

It's been 5 years since MCC launched and disappointed so many of us. The redemption story is quite remarkable.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't own an Xbox and think it's unlikely my PC could run this at a respectable level. But this is one of my favorite games of all time - both for the campaign and multiplayer (including firefight).

Guess I need to keep an eye out for a cheap Xbox now...

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't own an Xbox and think it's unlikely my PC could run this at a respectable level. But this is one of my favorite games of all time - both for the campaign and multiplayer (including firefight).

Try it on Game Pass for PC, the specs requirements and recommendations are incredibly modest.

halo-reach-pc-min-specs.jpg

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

You can get the all digital version of the Xbox one s for 149 dollars

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer reminds me that the Reach soundtrack is so damn good.

...But I suppose that can be said for all the Halo titles.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Still the best level design Bungie has EVER been credited with, and it's not even close. Exodus and New Alexandria is the one-two punch of the best FPS campaign mission design of that generation, and easily among the greatest of all time. The first time I did the Exodus helipad flank and rocketed the shielded brute from behind is the first time I felt like a Spartan, and then going straight from Exodus into the tonally bleak last third of the game? It's amazing what Bungie is capable of sometimes.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready to go back in time 9 years. I'm almost giddy.

From that last level, the "Objective: Survive", to the name of my all-time favorite name for an achievement:
4AZ6DXH.png

I'm so ready to play Halo again.