• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even the mission, waypoint we saw, it seems so whatever, are we just doing those over and over. I'm worried. New content is a few tweaks here and there, just repetitive fodder placed around?

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The lack of RT in the Xbox Series X version should introduce a new seal to the game's boxes:

32VeWz3.png

Oh boy LOL

Oct 29, 2017
Even the mission, waypoint we saw, it seems so whatever, are we just doing those over and over. I'm worried. New content is a few tweaks here and there, just repetitive fodder placed around?

Worried about that too. There are no massive set-pieces or dramatic build in action in this trailer. Just a bunch of enemies huddled around a waypoint that need to be "cleared." To make matters worse, the AI looks really disappointing.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017

If it's an open world game then yes, that's exactly what we will get. Think of the 2nd level of Halo 1 titled "Halo" but bigger and that's my guess of what every non-story related mission will be.

OP
OP
Vinc

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
If I don't love this at launch, I'm gonna be real bummed that this is the Halo for the next 10 years.

armadillopoke

Banned
May 14, 2020
I can't believe they hyped and hyped and hyped 'the return of Halo', and what we get is Destiny with somehow even *worse* graphics than Destiny 1, which was 360-XB1 cross-gen.

It's so weird because all the moves MS had been making the last couple of years *seem* positive but then every time they pull back the curtain to reveal what's been happening in the background, it just looks like they don't really have a clue what people want. Or maybe they're just outright lying about what they're vibing while actually working on dead-in-the-water garbage like Halo: Infinite Disappointment.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
reach/infinite
a7ycrfc.png

shame they had to show an unfinished game... but 5 years lol

Screenshot is a bit misleading. There are is certainly finer texture detail on that gun not shown here. Watching the 4k video over the gameplay and you can see the extra subtle texture detail of the gun texture when it's in actual light. Also, they seem to have decided that all the guns are factory finished brand new and so there's no dirt or mud or battle scars on them.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Screenshot is a bit misleading. There are is certainly finer texture detail on that gun not shown here. Watching the 4k video over the gameplay and you can see the extra subtle texture detail of the gun texture when it's in actual light. Also, they seem to have decided that all the guns are factory finished brand new and so there's no dirt or mud or battle scars on them.

Got to sell skins I suppose!

/half joking

armadillopoke

Banned
May 14, 2020
Even if I believed that, why does the lighting on the gun on the right look so piss-poor? Fucking thing looks like it's been gourad shaded.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a thought - obviously the graphics are scaled to hit a high performance target in an open world. But what about 4v4 multiplayer? Surely they can crank it up to 11 in those scenarios?

Oct 25, 2017
No, Halo is a sequential series. Not a fucking platform to launch some weirdo pseudo live service but we didn't say live service function. I mean their last attempts with Warzone in Halo 5 and Spartan Ops in Halo 4 were not stellar, and that was a content once-a-month thing. In contrast to their competitors I don't see Sony making any of their essential series into platforms for live services nor Nintendo. They do have much more flexible IPS especially Nintendo but, this just sounds like a precursor to a Halo 5 launch where they were missing key things like BTB and forge and it felt like a hollow shell for a while.

AGJTX

Jan 28, 2020
If this game actually has quality yearly upgrades/expansions that adds completed story arcs, new features, and a swath of new Multiplayer maps, balances, etc, then fine I can be down for it, but as others have said on here, you can't support already 6 year old tech for another 10 years without holding back the promise of a "next gen" Halo experience. That being said, other than the choppy animations, this game did remind me of a more sandbox gameplay style I remember from halo 1, so if they can sell that aspect of the game throughout its lifespan and keep adding tools and weps to continue diversifying that playstyle, I am completely down.

Ultimately, we shall see though if this From Soft quality or horse armor dlc quality add-ons.

GuiltyGB

Apr 6, 2020
My hype is just stamped out and I can't do this again lol. I'm going to assume it's a dropped ball until release and revisit it then.
Pretty much... I've played halo since the original and this is the first I'll not pre order. Wait for GP on xbox and pc... looks like it'll be another destiny 1 at launch. Shame.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
The lack of RT in the Xbox Series X version should introduce a new seal to the game's boxes:

32VeWz3.png

I'm actually amazed Phil Spencer was able to be so straight-faced in his comments about cross gen development a couple of weeks ago. I expected Halo to be his flagship 'proof' of what he was saying - even if it would be more expensive or intensive than most devs can afford - but this showing just about contradicts everything he was trying to imply there. Whether it's late enhancements or evident engine-level constraints in data streaming for the older hardware (way more aggressive pop-in than should be necessary), this just about proves the point that juggling more devices during development has its costs.

OP
OP
Vinc

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I think this is the most disappointed I've been in any game reveal ever. I was really excited for it, but this is the worst Halo campaign reveal I think I've seen, unfortunately. I went from incredibly excited about the game to extremely worried about it.

Oct 27, 2017
I said this in another thread, but what if we're thinking of Infinite being a "platform" in the wrong way. We're thinking of a single game with service type content updates. What if it's an internal platform, in the sense of an engine, toolset, assets, etc that will be used for any Halo spinoffs (ie. Reach type games) that will tie into the Infinite slice of the Halo universe)?

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I swear to god, I thought this was a Halo 3 screenshot on Valhalla, from some dev diary or something like that.

Unbelievable that this is a next gen game. Seriously unbelievable.
Seriously. How did we get here, after what we saw in this over two years ago?
www.youtube.com

Halo Infinite - E3 2018 - Announcement Trailer

The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engin...
The fidelity doesn't even remotely come close.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Multiplayer, I can understand.

But you're saying that this is going to be the only Halo game for virtually the entire next generation...

If I was still a Halo fan I'd be upset.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
This just keeps getting stranger and stranger with every new detail or screenshot that comes out about the game....

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Ray tracing post launch. I bet they wanted to have it in for launch but I wonder if Covid 19 messed with their plans. Makes me think what other games this year will suffer a bit from the pandemic.

OP
OP
Vinc

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. How did we get here, after what we saw in this over two years ago?
www.youtube.com

Halo Infinite - E3 2018 - Announcement Trailer

The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engin...
The fidelity doesn't even remotely come close.

Even animation quality and model quality took a serious hit after last year's E3 trailer. It's not even close. Something must have gone very wrong.