• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Well, it didn't show any mechanics in the trailer (which was common for like 80 percent of the PS show)

I guess except for a donut leading someone into a trap. So this is a weird take.

It's not a weird take. If it didn't show that much alluding to gameplay, why are people so enamoured with it?

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
It's not a weird take. If it didn't show that much alluding to gameplay, why are people so enamoured with it?

Because it's an interesting looking title made by a small developer with a unique style. Maybe people like the aesthetic, maybe people like the song, maybe people are intrigued by the concept.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing all those threads about this game I wouldn't be surprised if the game turns to become a meme at some point , like the Untitled Goose Game did. I remember some people hating or not playing UGG because it was "that meme game", not sure if this would help it or harm it.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
I made a mock-up of wnat a physical edition could look like and it really would be a crime if this game was digital only :( the art is so good!!

QGPwcg7.jpg

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I mean, somehow I doubt you have these questions about the other games that didn't show gameplay. There were like 2 or 3 actual gameplay demos in the whole PS5 show.

And yes, it is a weird take to suggest a story trailer didn't mechanically impress you, because, no shit, that's not what the trailer was attempting.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The reason knack became a meme is because it was so safe, bland, uninspiring, boring-looking. Bugsnax doesn't follow that trajectory at ALL, and trying to tie Knack to this game is just putting a ball & chain around Bugsnax.

Bugsnax don't need Knack's help and will only be hurt by his friendship.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
The reason knack became a meme is because it was so safe, bland, uninspiring, boring-looking. Bugsnax doesn't follow that trajectory at ALL, and trying to tie Knack to this game is just putting a ball & chain around Bugsnax.

Bugsnax don't need Knack's help and will only be hurt by his friendship.
Exactly. Knack is bland and kinda soulless.

Bugsnax is more in the vein of quirky charming games like Octodad, Katamari, and Untitled Goose Game.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
The game looks cute but strange.
If it's a launch title on ps5, I'll definitely pick it up.

My PC just has a GTX 1070. I don't think it can handle all the snax

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"It's bugsnax!" he screams as he slams the door of the cabin behind him, fumbling to reload his pistol.

But it's too late the remaining survivors realize as the kind of bugs, kind of snacks, burst through the walls.