• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who greatly prefers The Now Now to Humanz I am enjoying that this song is also less...portentous? I enjoy Gorillaz more when there's a bit less thematic heft. My favorite album of theirs remains Plastic Beach, which also seems less hung up on what a Gorillaz album needs to be.
??????????

Plastic Beach is easily their most thematic album. Like by far and is probably the most "Gorillaz" album next to Demon Days.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
??????????

Plastic Beach is easily their most thematic album. Like by far and is probably the most "Gorillaz" album next to Demon Days.

I think I wasn't clear what I was trying to say, sorry! Humanz felt overly performative to me, like the approach was "what should a Gorillaz song sound like". My understanding for PB was it didn't start out as a Gorillaz album and I think that works in its favor-- the songs feel less labored to me. Dunno if that makes any more sense

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So uhh weren't they teasing a Gorillaz and Tame Impala collab? Or was it just trolling

OP
OP
Mary Celeste

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully. Definitely this week!

PS look at the visuals on spotify for the Fatoumata Diawara song "Sowa"

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Brilliant work. Once Song Machine is compiled into an album it'll be in the upper tier of Gorillaz material. Can't wait for the Tame Impala track.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I love it. Easily one of my fav Gorillaz tracks and maybe one of my favorite videos of theirs? It's shot beautifully and the character art is just so clean and good

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i didnt really feel much for the first episode but ive had this second one on loop. legitimately fantastic stuff.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cannot believe Peter Hook is on that track. So good!

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aries is awesome. Not sure what album it feels most like, but it sounds quintessentially Gorillaz.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
"Désolé" is one of my favorite songs of 2020, can't get enough.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
man, desole was february? this year has just blown on by. it feels like that was mid 2019 or something.

love aries too. this non-album format's probably the right groove for gorillaz (although i still love demon days and plastic beach).

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I didnt like desolee much on first listen bc it seemed a lil too boring and repetitive but even after hearing it only once it's been stuck in my head all afternoon lol

zoozilla

Avenger
Jun 9, 2018
Japan
New song, feat. Schoolboy Q.

The first half might be my favorite music of the whole bunch. Classic Gorillaz.

Actually think Q's rapping is pretty awkward when he's over the main beat, but it gets better after it switches.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Love Q but this track ain't it. One of the weaker efforts from Song Machine, tbh. This collaboration seems to have suffered from the pandemic.

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
New song, feat. Schoolboy Q.

The first half might be my favorite music of the whole bunch. Classic Gorillaz.

Actually think Q's rapping is pretty awkward when he's over the main beat, but it gets better after it switches.

I thought Schoolboy Q was great in this. And in typical Gorillaz fashion, song gets better and better after every listen.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
after multiple listens this is probably the best song of this series. momentary bliss is still a close second tho

the structure and sound is quite literally classic Gorillaz. 2D's vocals are especially reminiscent of Demon Days

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
I really like phase 4 and 5 but man did they get their groove back with this project. its crazy how consistently good it's been so far

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
So is this going to be their next major LP or just another side project? I love all of their main LPs but never cared for their little side albums like The Now Now and The Fall.