• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
The gif we have in the announcement thread's OP looks much better imo:

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The (only?) thing looking real good to me is the blue effect but the fps drops massively. It looks like slowmo too.

The gif we have in the announcement thread's OP looks much better imo:

ezgif.com-resize.gif

I know it's early, but looking at the trailer too I'm not really getting my hopes up too high for this being a graphical showcase, but who knows. Maybe there's been a lot of improvements since.

Game seems alright.
Yeah this gif looks much nicer. The extra year of development probably gave Counterplay time to refine its visual style.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Interested to see how the combat and loot pans out with as launch titles go, it kinda looks like it could be the PS5 Genji.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Really early on in the gif above, you see the enemy on the rights reflection in the puddle as he walks closer.

cTVGDgb.png

Some raytracing?

I think they could do the static objects with current methods?

Honestly, all the lighting just looks fantastic.

Last edited:

chimpsteaks

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 12, 2019
I hope shiny floors become the thing we laugh about in a few years as an early gen quirk that didn't stick

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I'm easily pleased when it comes to launch titles. If they can make the loot interesting I can see me enjoying this immensely.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The melee focus is fairly unique for the genre.

It looks good, but in general you might as well accept 90% of next-gen games are going to look like clean lookiing better running current gen games.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Somehow this is like a big meh from me dawg.

Nothing from it Jumps out at me. Maybe if the gameplay slice was longer but this is looks like something you'd find on some F2P U4 game. (Kinda like the game that was cancelled. That looked good for f2p)

Bring me a Demon's Souls PS5 REimagining 6 second clip and then we are talking.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
Honestly, it's not the hottest thing ever, but for something a likely small studio pumps out on a shoestring budget for launch? That'd bode well for next-gen as a whole.

Lets be honest nothing announced about next-gen systems so far makes it seem like its going to decrease the cost of making games. If anything its the other way around, the way its been every generation so far.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm one of few that are looking forward to this game. Hoping it turns out well. A melee focused looter with an over the shoulder camera is right up my alley. My only concern is that I hope they get the loot balance right.
I mean, we barely seen in-game footage. it's not surprising people aren't on board yet

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
"We're still at 40% of our graphics processing budget"

"Ah, fuck, ah - add more particles!".

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Should be noted this footage was taken in early 2019, so nearly 2 years before launch, looks great for that stage of development imo.
Yeah I was gonna say. Visually looks neat, the actual gameplay/animations looked a little clunky but given its 6 seconds of a mid-dev game I take nothing out of it, still pretty interested.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
That's a pretty lookin game. I was not impressed at all at the TGA reveal. Showing a bit of the game in motion would have helped.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Last edited:

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Doesn't look like 60fps at all, if it's true that ray tracing is on then there's no chance this is 4K 60fps.

Also this has got to be the most generic fantasy art style I've ever seen, everything looks so boring and soulless. I feel like I've seen everyone here is some mobile game.

that ground texture tho...

I really hope PS5 doesn't have the same Anisotropic Filtering issue as the PS4, it was horrendous.

Last edited:

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Yeah not the best way to launch next gen but atleast it looks shiny.

Just wondering why even allow this to be revealed as the first game people know exists on the PS5?

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Looks pretty good so far especially for old footage. Can't wait to see more. I can see myself spending a good amount of time with this at launch. I'm hoping they're going for a coop Souls/Destiny cross.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I get this footage being from 2019 likely on pc. But damn does the artstyle look terrible. Like warframe crossed with lords of the fallen with tons of stock ue4 effects..also combat looks super jank

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
A looter huh.

it seems like a game that'll do well at launch because there aren't any other GAAS games at launch. Something to play and show off until the next big release.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is likely the most attention this game will get...Probably good idea to show it early for them. Who knows though, might turn out ace.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
For old footage i could see this cleaning up nice when it releases.

I rewatched the reveal trailer again and visually might be dope with raytracing and flashy HDR.

We need that PS5 meeting.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Really early on in the gif above, you see the enemy on the rights reflection in the puddle as he walks closer.

cTVGDgb.png

Some raytracing?

I think they could do the static objects with current methods?

Honestly, all the lighting just looks fantastic.

The TGA trailer starts with the camera focusing on the ground and showing offscreen reflections also the armors of the warriors show off screen reflections too.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
It just doesn't call me really, just like destiny since it involves loot and grind I'd be out instantly because o already play WoW to consume my life lol.

If it's part of a next gen bundle or free I'd try it out.. But not as a full game

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I take back what I said earlier, the lighting looks pretty amazing. They slowed down the blue effect intentionally for a trailer(?). That's insane lighting.

The reveal trailer also kind of hints at destruction...

This is true but it might almost be worth it.
The blue effect makes it look like it uses some kind of realtime fluid simulation, like EmberGen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQebzx2giX8

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
The TGA trailer starts with the camera focusing on the ground and showing offscreen reflections also the armors of the warriors show off screen reflections too.

Yeah that's more confirmation of raytracing right? I looked into it and apparently showing reflections of characters that are on screen can be done without it but it hardly happens because they have to draw the scene again. The trailer has loads of it! Like the character walking away from a fire (off-screen) and still being lit red on the back...I'm not sure, I wish I had more technical knowledge about this stuff.

The blue effect makes it look like it uses some kind of realtime fluid simulation, like EmberGen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQebzx2giX8

It looks fantastic! I wouldn't be surprised, I just hope the slowdown was artificial there... The way the effects light up the armour and the hair is just crazy, it's what we've been missing for so long.

4m5wyLD.png

Look at the highlights on the right guy's armour:

EkdJnCU.png

This is new stuff, right? I can't think of other games that have this...

Lol. For someone who was so down on the graphical potential of next gen you're awfully impressed by something so average looking.

You're not wrong but the lighting could be anything but average. This could be amazing, it's just a bit hard to make it out from gifs.

I hope we get some high quality gameplay videos soon. One of the gifs is odd as there is a lens flare up on the exact frame that the contact lands, over the bodies making it look like a cool effect but it might actually be nothing (2 sequential frames):

PZEHIze.png

CvTsohu.png

And in the gif where you get slammed into the ground by the big dude, you don't see either of your reflections in the big puddle on the ground, just the guy walking up to you in another spot...I'm not 100%, it shows some orange reflection but the rest is quite dark, maybe it has em?:

mAJ9UO8.png

I'm going to need all the raytracing if this is legit.

Last edited: