• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 29, 2022
news.xbox.com

New Games with Gold for August 2022 - Xbox Wire

It’s time to announce the August Games with Gold lineup! On the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, run a cat café in Calico, and slash your way through a roguelite platformer in ScourgeBringer. And for our classic lineup via Backward Compatibility, earn respect and take back your territory in Saint’s...

GwG-Aug-2022_16x9_4UP_Points_01-fe2b20c4a62d660e55e5.jpg

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
ScourgeBringer is a great game but the dash doesn't give you invincibility frame and I never managed to get used to it.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
So is it this month that's the end of the BC game additions?
Monaco is one of those that I've always been curious about, so that's something at least.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Monaco alone makes it a great month. But the other three are also great.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Is SR2 a duplicate? I have it in my library, and don't think I'd have bought it - though it's possible I did on one of those dirt cheap sales. Also, the "value" number is always hilarious to me. Like who is honestly paying 53$ for this lol. I wouldn't even pay 5$ if I'm being honest. Will at least claim these though which is more than I could say about the last few months

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Already own all four across different platforms, but in regards to most Games with Gold months, this isn't too terrible.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Oh wow now it's 2 360 games that have been on Games with Gold before instead of one. Microsoft keeps making the value better that's for sure...What a joke

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Is SR2 a duplicate? I have it in my library, and don't think I'd have bought it - though it's possible I did on one of those dirt cheap sales. Also, the "value" number is always hilarious to me. Like who is honestly paying 53$ for this lol. I wouldn't even pay 5$ if I'm being honest. Will at least claim these though which is more than I could say about the last few months
Both SR2 AND Monaco are duplicates. Terrible service

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly can't remember the last time I redeemed any of these GWG. It's such a sad offering of games 95% of the time.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty telling how bad GWG has been when this actually looks decent

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Are these last few months going to go out in a whimper? Are they going to buff up the Xbox one titles?

I think MS knows at this point that GWG is more of a courtesy than a need.
The last year has more or less confirmed they want people to upgrade to GPU, so the XBLG offerings are usually pretty sparse (Gold as a whole seems to be kept around just because it has to in a sense).

Will be interesting to see how things go without BC games. I imagine they'll up the amount of XB1 games to 3 and leave it at that. Probably touting "These offer more values" when it'll be the similar section we typically see.

el_galvon

Jun 13, 2019
ScourgeBringer is a great game but the dash doesn't give you invincibility frame and I never managed to get used to it.

For me ScourgeBringer COULD be a great game if the dash gave you invincibility frame.

I played a lot when it was on Game Pass until I dropped it because how frustrating it was.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I think MS knows at this point that GWG is more of a courtesy than a need.
The last year has more or less confirmed they want people to upgrade to GPU, so the XBLG offerings are usually pretty sparse (Gold as a whole seems to be kept around just because it has to in a sense).

Will be interesting to see how things go without BC games. I imagine they'll up the amount of XB1 games to 3 and leave it at that. Probably touting "These offer more values" when it'll be the similar section we typically see.

They need to integrate Gold features into base GP to make it an easier transition - whether they remove it entirely or not - otherwise you need GPU for online MP access which is a steep jump for some folks.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
I've played Monaco with a few different sets of friends with varying familiarity with gaming

It's one of the most underrated games in my books

Also, killer killer sound track

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Is Monaco a repeat? I somehow own it already and I'm certain that I've never bought (or played) the game.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
They need to integrate Gold features into base GP to make it an easier transition - whether they remove it entirely or not - otherwise you need GPU for online MP access which is a steep jump for some folks.

If you could play online with Game Pass for Xbox, the value of ultimate has been significantly reduced.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
That's pretty okay I supposed. I've only played one single game given through the programme in over a year, and that's Radiant Silvergun.