• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
"PC members will be able to download and play games from the EA Play library on Windows 10 PCs via the EA Desktop app currently in beta!"

Welp, as I suspected... so no family share for EA titles, this is super lame...
Yeah I saw that too. I wonder if this is going to mess up cloud saves between Xbox and PC as well.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Planet Coaster, nice. I was considering that at some point if it did well.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Tetris Effect Connected, River City Girls, Gears Tactics, Final Fantasy VIII and Planet Coaster sure make for a diverse (and great!) month.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish than buying a pack in apex legends gave me both an xbox and a pc version

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
Wow, Planet Coaster is a great addition. Can't wait to try it out and see how it runs on the Series X.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is Tetris effect a global launch time!? I just hopped to New Zealand and my watch flipped to around 8 a.m. on Tuesday 10th but it still said "pre order" on my NZ xbox store?

Hopefully they picked "somewhere in the middle of the globe" i.e. the UK, and it will unlock at midnight uk time!?

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
I was thinking I would wait for a sale on Planet Coaster, but now I don't have to! Between that, Beyond Light, Gears Tactics, and Tetris Effect, I'm pretty set for a while. Only buying AC: Valhalla at launch...pretty damn good value!

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Well, guess I'm going to ask for a refund on Planet Coaster. How does one go about that process?

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
What's up with some games being listed with only "Android"?

Are they really doing xCloud only stuff on Gamepass?

edit: Those are already on gamepass and just being added to xCloud late.. thanks to those who answered my question!

Last edited:

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Planet Coaster being day 1 for console Game Pass is a surprise. Overall, big ol' month for Game Pass.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I played a shitload of Jurassic World Evolution on console (from the same studio, same style of game) and the controls were great. No issues.

I did as well, a lot of it and it works perfectly fine.

I also played a lot of Civ as well, be interesting to see how well it plays on XSX as it struggles like hell later in the game.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also, confirmation of the "EA Play on Game Pass PC" being the actual EA Play via the EA client, rather than a Microsoft Store version of select EA titles. This is actually very good news, since EA Play via Origin has racked up a pretty hefty selection of non-EA games. Don't sleep on this one.

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
I now have enough games I want to play coming through Game Pass that I wouldn't need to buy a single game at launch.

Only game I'm buying is AC:V and that's just because I'm excited for it!

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Also, confirmation of the "EA Play on Game Pass PC" being the actual EA Play via the EA client, rather than a Microsoft Store version of select EA titles. This is actually very good news, since EA Play via Origin has racked up a pretty hefty selection of non-EA games. Don't sleep on this one.
This is pretty good news other than the fact that the beta client is terrible, and doesn't even include some games yet (Squadrons that I purchased on Epic still doesn't show up). So good news but keep in mind the client is rough.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Heck yeah gonna check out planet coaster and run through tactics a second time.

I'll probably also check out Tetris for the music but in general it isn't my thing

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Well, guess I'm going to ask for a refund on Planet Coaster. How does one go about that process?
If the cancel button is gone from your order history (meaning it's been billed) then you contact support, either through chat or phone. Just did it over chat myself. there was about a 15 min queue.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
Does FFVIII Remastered have those like QoL settings if I want to just burn through the story without getting bogged down by battles/leveling/etc?

Do they affect achievements?

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Frothing for Tetris Effect so hard. It was almost enough to get me to rebuy a PS4 after I traded in. Glad I didn't!

Zen_Mu

Dec 7, 2017
I get that they are padding the console launch, but man I wish they would have spent a little more and got Beyond Light for Gamepass Ultimate on PC as well. I would have jumped back in for a few months for that. Oh well.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Xbox Game Pass app now has a "Coming Soon" section and while I expected to see The Medium there I wasn't expecting Dragon Quest XI S. That's amazing and it's coming out December 4th, apparently. 🤔

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Refunding a game you already bought full price because it came to game pass is an awesome feeling.

It almost feels... illegal.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
VMKPi8z.jpg