• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Like the ending of the video when they explain that if you meet a 300 freakers horde, if you kill 100 freakers and go away, if you come back, they are still 200 freakers (and not 300)

Oct 25, 2017
Some cool stuff in that.

I like the animals fighting the Freakers.
The bit about the modified engine and two wheel bikes was a cool tidbit
I like how individual Freakers join back up with big packs that you begin to fight and run away from.
It also looks pretty good considering how small Bend is.

Granted, it does have some combat jank, and there is some framerate slowdown (we'll have to see how often it occurs after the day 1 patch) but I think it is shaping up to be a pretty decent game overall. Just keep expectations in check and it should be a fairly solid ride.

Edit - And yeah, gunplay seems to swing more toward being lackluster.

Last edited:

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Worried about the frame rate stutters in the video honestly, but still excited for the game.

Oct 27, 2017
The gun play does seem a bit weird (mostly the AR). Shotguns seem good but the AR feels a bit too stable. They need some kind of feedback when shooting. Something similiar to Uncharted 2 or 3 could be good.

Who knows though. If it is as good as Uncharted Golden Abyss then that's fine by me.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
The gun play does seem a bit weird (mostly the AR). Shotguns seem good but the AR feels a bit too stable. They need some kind of feedback when shooting. Something similiar to Uncharted 2 or 3 could be good.

Who knows though. If it is as good as Uncharted Golden Abyss then that's fine by me.

Maybe part of it is we're watching a video whereas when we're playing the game we'll get the vibration from the controller to add to the entire feel of shooting.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Also worth remembering they did say Days Gone has 1,200 dynamic events that can happen in the open world. Should be plenty to keep things feeling fresh

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
the tidbit about UE4 not having support for 2 wheel vehicles was very interesting. The team seemed more focus on other things and didn't want to take to much time, so they made the bike and configured the handling to make it seem good enough. But its very interesting that its actually a car with collision detection turned off in sections, pretty cool.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty funny about Unreal 4 not having two wheeler vehicles.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
the tidbit about UE4 not having support for 2 wheel vehicles was very interesting. The team seemed more focus on other things and didn't want to take to much time, so they made the bike and configured the handling to make it seem good enough. But its very interesting that its actually a car with collision detection turned off in sections, pretty cool.
Yeah its odd though with UE4 not supporting something like that.

Oct 25, 2017
On balance the game has looked better every time I've seen it. BUT, enemy AI still seems completely oblivious at times. Looking squarely at you, dude that took cover to continue fighting Deacon even as the not-zombies were mere feet away, then popped out of cover, not to run, but to expose himself to gunfire.

Hey Blinkin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad to hear that you don't have to take out hordes in one go.

Curious to know how long it takes for a horde to replenish their numbers and if they can exceed their original size.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad to hear that you don't have to take out hordes in one go.

Curious to know how long it takes for a horde to replenish their numbers and if they can exceed their original size.
They dont a random horde just hear the noise and come and cause issue but they wont be apart of that current horde you are fighting

Fine by me I love shotguns lol. Was pleasantly surprised by the triple crown. Shotguns seem like a terrible idea to use against those hordes tho.
Well some shotguns I seen like 7 or 8 types now.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if you can lead a roaming horde into the area of a fixed horde to create a super horde you've got to fight! :)

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Driving looks really cool and the right kind of slippery, the rest of the game kinda just seems like it's not doing anything new at all though. I'll definitely rent it though, could be good fun.

Oct 26, 2017
On balance the game has looked better every time I've seen it. BUT, enemy AI still seems completely oblivious at times. Looking squarely at you, dude that took cover to continue fighting Deacon even as the not-zombies were mere feet away, then popped out of cover, not to run, but to expose himself to gunfire.

I wonder if difficulty affects ai. I read that it did, but that was from one Spanish preview that was translated soo iunno if that's reliable enough.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

I'm going to guess that because there's the possibility of any particular scenario turning into one where there are dozens or hundreds of enemies involved that overall enemy AI might not be the best in the business. Or maybe enemy AI is variable and changes depending on how many are around? So 5 enemies and they're smarter and react better. 200 enemies, and AI is dialed down a bit.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right? The real hype comes when Bend can become much bigger after the success of this game.
Hell yeah. I've been waiting for Syphon Filter to really make it back since 1. Gimme dat taser!

xq9Xqca.gif

I love this game.

Last edited:

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why Sony first party game do not use gyro aiming.... It drives me nuts to notice the difficulty to just aim at a target..... Like clearly the player must walk with the left stick to align a shot.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
I wonder how well the preformance is. Played it back in like October and fighting a horde definitely showed (what I assume is a Pro because why wouldnt you show the game on the better hardware) dips in the fps.

AB (^_^)

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
Every time I see this game, and noticed it looks like every zombie/post apocalyptic/dystopian world, I get turned off. Not to mention that Sony announced this game pretty early. I want to get on the hype train (if there is any), but I just cant. I will wait for reviews to drop in...

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks like it's going to be a good time. I'm in the mood for an open-world romp after a bunch of recent linear games. If the story ends up being good, it'll be the cherry on top.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any gameplay showing examples of stuff like this from the 2016 demo?

g2fqkvy.gif

Specifically:
- Interactive environmental traps that can slow down the horde
- Spots you can dive/crouch through to gain some breathing room
- Environmental melee kills
- The infected crashing through windows to swarm into interiors of buildings
I haven't seen any of that from the videos during press events or convention demos. I hope it's not been removed as that was the most impressive thing next to the enemies on screen.

Last edited:

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Every time I see this game, and noticed it looks like every zombie/post apocalyptic/dystopian world, I get turned off. Not to mention that Sony announced this game pretty early. I want to get on the hype train (if there is any), but I just cant. I will wait for reviews to drop in...
Why force yourself to follow/play a game you have no interest in???