• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
putting these out into the universe

eewn-7gxyaeb4ryokk5k.jpeg

eewn-7gwsaasj7tdrkpd.jpeg

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Crossing fingers for 13 Sentinels, Ys IX, and maybe some Yakuza 3/4/5/6 on PC/Xbox.

Nov 15, 2018
Nintendo said they aren't doing any directs for a long while right?
If true then I expect those 3rd parties that would normally show a game during the direct/e3 to show it off here instead. So SMT V seems likely to me.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I think about it too, due to COVID, so much stuff is being delayed in Japan, which might actually prompt localizations from a back catalog, just to fill the gaps between the wait of the new stuff from Japan. So if anything, that might even help the chances.
This is a very good point. Also helps that Ishin is already on PS4 in Japan, runs on the same engine as 0 and looks pretty nice all things considered for a (Japanese) launch PS4 game. I'm hoping GOT really sets the charts on fire when it launches in July just to kick Sega in the head one more time to prove to them that samurai games are indeed wanted (though Nioh, Sekiro etc. already proved that...)

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Nintendo said they aren't doing any directs for a long while right?
If true then I expect those 3rd parties that would normally show a game during the direct/e3 to show it off here instead. So SMT V seems likely to me.

Yup Nintendo said not to expect a Direct for the near future and for devs to announce games if they have things to show

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So has there actually been any news for Sonic Mania 2 or is it just people being hopeful?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
This is a very good point. Also helps that Ishin is already on PS4 in Japan, runs on the same engine as 0 and looks pretty nice all things considered for a (Japanese) launch PS4 game. I'm hoping GOT really sets the charts on fire when it launches in July just to kick Sega in the head one more time to prove to them that samurai games are indeed wanted (though Nioh, Sekiro etc. already proved that...)

I've heard silly stuff on the Japan side for years with "oh, people in the west want these Japanese-y thing?" which is right up there with "oh, people in the west want Japanese audio w/subs?" There's so many clueless people (and still are a few) that had no idea what westerners wanted, despite begging for it online for years. Yes, we want the option to have subs along with dubs, as some people DO want to have the choice to hear the game in Japanese. Yes, we want these historical Japanese games. Koei has done them for YEARS with historical-based games in Asia with things like Romance, Nobunaga, etc., and those always seem to come out no problem.

It's not hard to find out what western fans actually want (answer: everything).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard silly stuff on the Japan side for years with "oh, people in the west want these Japanese-y thing?" which is right up there with "oh, people in the west want Japanese audio w/subs?" There's so many clueless people (and still are a few) that had no idea what westerners wanted, despite begging for it online for years. Yes, we want the option to have subs along with dubs, as some people DO want to have the choice to hear the game in Japanese. Yes, we want these historical Japanese games. Koei has done them for YEARS with historical-based games in Asia with things like Romance, Nobunaga, etc., and those always seem to come out no problem.

It's not hard to find out what western fans actually want (answer: everything).
Yeah, its always been a weird thing to me when reading interviews from the Yakuza devs and they were honestly surprised at the positive reception from outside of Asia.
Yakuza 3's release proves just how out of touch Sega was back then when they basically cut lots of stuff out, one of the reasons cited was "too Japanese" for certain side stories, mini games etc.
Thankfully they relented and this gen the effort put into the localisations is far better (they've even made sure that the licensed music stays in the later couple of games, something unheard of last gen).

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
sounds kind of underwhelming. half those companies on there no one's even heard of.
If you only play AAA games then yes most of these companies having nothing to offer you. But if you enjoy JRPGs, fighting games, visual novels, and other quirky games, this is a pretty awesome line up of companies. Just wish XSEED was there.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, its always been a weird thing to me when reading interviews from the Yakuza devs and they were honestly surprised at the positive reception from outside of Asia.
Yakuza 3's release proves just how out of touch Sega was back then when they basically cut lots of stuff out, one of the reasons cited was "too Japanese" for certain side stories, mini games etc.
Thankfully they relented and this gen the effort put into the localisations is far better (they've even made sure that the licensed music stays in the later couple of games, something unheard of last gen).

Yeah I'm super glad this franchise not only had a second chance at life here, but bringing out every new port that came out, especially with the Remastered Day 1 edition being a very nice touch of "sorry that we dumped 5 up on PS3 PSN, here's a small token..."

I really do believe that Atlus being bought by Sega has REALLY helped them move forward and get help with their localizations. I'm still super happy that Sakura Wars came out!

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For the amount of effort you have to put into getting him, being rewarded with some random chump who just uses a visually downgraded version of Dante's moveset is not really worth the time.
Ah yes the "random chump" who's the hero in two separate games in the SMT series.

You know, that series Nocturne is a part of? That has dimensional crossover shit all the time?

But no just shove the random dumbass from DMC2 because lol memes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes the "random chump" who's the hero in two separate games in the SMT series.

You know, that series Nocturne is a part of? That has dimensional crossover shit all the time?

But no just shove the random dumbass from DMC2 because lol memes.

You realize Dante was in Nocturne before Raidou, right? He wasn't in there "because memes".

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really care that much about who they pick I've just grown sick of Dante lately and think Raidou makes for a cooler crossover since I freaking love "vs the Souless Army."

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expecting some Sonic games from Sega and a some continuation of classic franchise like Valkyria 4 and Sakura Wars. Maybe Jet Set Radio? Where's that poll again?
Also a next gen Virtua Fighter :3

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
So it's almost like an E3, but I won't have to sit through the big companies expected games, to get to the smaller ones I really care about? Score!

Surprised to see SNK here (which I rarely see on an E3 list), maybe the KOF XV dream is finally one it's way. Would also be a good place to announce the final Samurai Shodown 2nd Season Pass DLC Character.

If Natsume had another Wild Guns / Ninja Warriors AGAIN AGAIN style project to announce, that's be FANTASTIC. Of course, you'd still have to wait forever and a day for it to arrive, but that's worth it.

It would be very interesting to see Devs decide to make new, different projects under Covid-dictated work environments. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned translating back catalog games for new markets. That'd be GREAT. I'd also love to see Smaller games made in the downtime, that might not get developed if everyone had their rathers. Imagine old Neo-Geo, Capcom, Konami, Square, and Sega devs making something like UFO 50 together?

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
Wonder if Monkey Ball is far enough along to get a run out here...

Also, obligatory annual Jet Set Radio 3, Panzer Dragoon Saga, VF6, Dreamcast Mini plea.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I don't think Atlus (Japan) would let Atlus West reveal one of their big games (like SMTV or ReFantasy), so I expect them to show games that already came out in japan (like P5S and 13 Sentinels).

Apr 21, 2018
Don't do that. Don't give me hope.
It's right now for the 20th anniversary or never. The 30 th anniversary will be too late, Tanaka (SOA), Kodama(SOA), are still at Sega in 2020, it's not a given for 2030...

A staff member of the original game is lobbying hard for a sequel and ask us to RT This:
twitter.com

蛭田健司 Kenji Hiruta on Twitter

“I'm checking how many Japanese SoA fans are still existing by asking them to RT or Like because if SoA news for Japanese fans happens, I'd like to reach them soon. But you don't need to hesitate to RT or Like. I definitely like these pictures, actually love them.”

twitter.com

蛭田健司 Kenji Hiruta on Twitter

“【#エターナルアルカディア、ご存知?】 今年DC版発売から20周年を迎えるエターナルアルカディアですが。知ってる、遊んだことあるというかたはいいねやコメントでお知らせいただけると嬉しいです。RTのお力添えも大感謝です🚢 何か良いニュースをお届けできると良いなぁ、と考えています。”

Did my job, it's your turn, SOA fans...

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
If Grasshopper is there, it's one of 4 things (from most likely to least likely)
  • No More Heroes III
  • If NISA is there, Switch ports of The Silver Case / The 25th Ward
  • The Flower, Sun and Rain Remaster
  • If Spike Chunsoft is there, maybe something to do with that canceled Syndrome event.
Don't forget Switch/PS4 Killer7.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unless they go Multiplatform I'm sure SMTV will be on a Direct. There's more chance of seeing Project: RE Fantasy at this point.

Still I'm excited to see what Atlus can bring to the table.
I don't see why SMTV would remain exclusive to a direct appearance. Plus, we know already that Nintendo has no plans for a direct anytime soon, and will leave third parties to reveal new info. Of upcoming Switch games to their own discretion.

Deleted member 51982

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Don't forget Switch/PS4 Killer7.
It's definitely possible, but that's still up to Capcom despite NISA publishing the Steam version. Suda said it's one of his goals, but it may take a while as he wants to be more involved. I imagine that rank in likelihood of TSC/25W ports and above the FSR remaster for right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.