• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51982

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
If Grasshopper is there, it's one of 4 things (from most likely to least likely)
  • No More Heroes III
  • If NISA is there, Switch ports of The Silver Case / The 25th Ward
  • The Flower, Sun and Rain Remaster
  • If Spike Chunsoft is there, maybe something to do with that canceled Syndrome event.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
If Grasshopper is there, it's one of 4 things (from most likely to least likely)
  • No More Heroes III
  • If NISA is there, Switch ports of The Silver Case / The 25th Ward
  • The Flower, Sun and Rain Remaster
  • If Spike Chunsoft is there, maybe something to do with that canceled Syndrome event.
Yes NISA, not NIS is listed on the website. Spike Chunsoft is also listed and I assume that it means the America branch specifically.

Deleted member 51982

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Yes NISA, not NIS is listed on the website. Spike Chunsoft is also listed and I assume that it means the America branch specifically.
I don't think the last three are especially likely, but I would think NISA would be the driving force on those ports since they handled the NA, PAL and PC release.

Edit: I don't actually know. I thought NISA played more of a role in the SNK Heroines negotiations, but that involved everyone.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait.

It's time...
MiserableImmaculateAnt-max-1mb.gif

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I would expect more Yakuza news and Persona 5 Scramble from Atlus. Maybe even 13 Sentinels.

I don't expect any new SMTV information from a western event.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm ready for Atlus to continue to leave money on the table by not porting Persona 3 and/or 4 Golden.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wish they did something like this every year, instead of having private events happen in SF, or save it all for AnimExpo instead of gaming ones... No XSEED? That's a surprise. Too bad no PQube either, since they always bring out the VNs. Level-5 news will probably wait for Nintendo announcements, I'm sure.

Still, I hope it's good and seems like there will be something for everyone here!

Nathan

Oct 27, 2017
June 23 is the release date of the original Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis, and we are due for some Sonic game announcements...

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh nice, Sega/Atlus, SNK, & ASW are there. You all think they'll show KoFXV & GG Strive here or save them for EVO Online. I'd imagine that Atlus will talk about Persona 5 Scramble Strikers with a slight chance of SMTV, with Sega maybe talking about the next major Sonic game.

Likewise, the lack of Capcom in both this & Summer Game Fest has me even more convinced that they're gonna show their hand (regarding major games) during Sony's PS5 event.

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
What I would like to see:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Persona 5: Scramble
God Wars 2
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Ys IX

I have no hopes for SMT V showing up.

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
Persona 5 Strikers and 13 Sentinels is all I want, maybe a new Danganronpa title.

I really want to see SMTV too. But I don't see Atlus showing new information about that game in a event that's not exclusive for a Japanese audience.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
What about that Wonder Boy Universe: Asha in Monster World game that was going to be shown at the GDC? I wonder if we'll finally be able to know something about it...

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I have a hard time trying to think of what un-licensed things are still in Japan and not announced for the west yet. Besides VNs, there is very few, and most are Falcom titles with Ys 9, and the Crossbell PS4 ports. It's a great time when we are getting pretty much everything that Japan is getting, so I wonder if there will be some world exclusives that will be announced here, first.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I guess that's where they'll announce the Nioh 2 PC version.

Hopefully more Yakuza remasters for PC and Xbox

Would Grasshopper show No More Heroes 3 outside a Direct? Or should we expect some other news (please, give me a remaster for Shadows of the Damned!)

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I guess that's where they'll announce the Nioh 2 PC version.

Hopefully more Yakuza remasters for PC and Xbox

Would Grasshopper show No More Heroes 3 outside a Direct? Or should we expect some other news (please, give me a remaster for Shadows of the Damned!)
There aren't going to be Directs this year so if NMH 3 is still this year then they can't wait for a Direct, right?

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Holy hell, is this like TGS for North America?! This has just become my most hype day to look forward to (and I hope this becomes annual. I always get jealous watching TGS, wondering which of those games will be coming west)!

Edit: no Marvelous! So I guess I still have to wait to see more RF5?

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Wonder if there's any chance we'll hear anything about a western release of Death Come True.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I would be happy with one of these:

SMT V
P5 Scramble
13 Sentinels
New game from Spike Chunsoft
Literally any port from Atlus old games to PC or PS4 (LOL)

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell, is this like TGS for North America?! This has just become my most hype day to look forward to (and I hope this becomes annual. I always get jealous watching TGS, wondering which of those games will be coming west)!

Edit: no Marvelous! So I guess I still have to wait to see more RF5?
It is supposed to come this year in Japan (and later in the West) so you won't get new info in a Western centric event imo.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
I'm guessing Catherine (Switch) and Persona Scramble (localisation) are the games Atlus will bring.

Maybe more No More Heroes 3 news from Grasshopper too.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I have a hard time trying to think of what un-licensed things are still in Japan and not announced for the west yet. Besides VNs, there is very few, and most are Falcom titles with Ys 9, and the Crossbell PS4 ports. It's a great time when we are getting pretty much everything that Japan is getting, so I wonder if there will be some world exclusives that will be announced here, first.

Still dreaming of Yakuza Ishin.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big brain thought. This is where Sega finally announces the localization of Border Break along with it coming to PC.

Check it out

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 4 Golden on Switch please.

I'm finishing up Royal and I would love to experience Golden on a portable (I have a PSTV but no Vita) .

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I'm ready for Atlus to continue to leave money on the table by not porting Persona 3 and/or 4 Golden.
Having P4G come over to another platform would be bigger news to me than a P5(R) port to any other hardware.
I just love that game so much more.

Though I guess I could always pick up my Vita again, but keeping that thing in reach just for P4G (and P3P) is kinda ... eh.

Persona 4 Golden on Switch please.

I'm finishing up Royal and I would love to experience Golden on a portable (I have a PSTV but no Vita) .
So much yes to this.
Would be best case scenario!

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I wonder what the chances are for that, since it both came out 6 years ago, and the team still thought it would be "too Japanese" for the west (at least, they were surprised people wanted it, since some companies still hold that idea...).

Chances are probably low, but at least they officially said that they are considering it. If they can release PSo2 in the West 8 years late, this should not be an issue :P

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Chances are probably low, but at least they officially said that they are considering it. If they can release PSo2 in the West 8 years late, this should not be an issue :P

Now that I think about it too, due to COVID, so much stuff is being delayed in Japan, which might actually prompt localizations from a back catalog, just to fill the gaps between the wait of the new stuff from Japan. So if anything, that might even help the chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.