• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
bildschirmfoto2019-05apk83.png

Credit to Klobrille
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xb...oty-a-case-study.116768/page-39#post-21043892

So excited for this game.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Still saying 4k/60fps for every mode. They said that last year also already. Would be crazy if it happens.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could be completely mistaken, but most of the trailers have shown Kait traveling alone right? Based on that I wonder who the other members of the squad will be, or who the other person will play in split-screen.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I could be completely mistaken, but most of the trailers have shown Kait traveling alone right? Based on that I wonder who the other members of the squad will be, or who the other person will play in split-screen.
Kait is traveling with Del. And they said Marcus and JD will handle the Jin problems. So pretty sure we get two parts and they come together at the end.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i... still dont (cant?) believe it'll be 4k and 60 fps. especially with those visuals and large environments. wizards

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited for this. Gears 4 was great already, and everything we see or hear about 5 makes it seem that is just improving that formula all around.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't say at 4K though.
True. But Rod himself said it also.

Our target is always 60fps, and we believe – with everything we've done, the learning we've taken from Gears 4, and the optimizations we've been able to do beyond that – that's exactly what we're going to be doing, 60fps at 4K. The new technology of this generation has been fantastic.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Explore Sera: Skim across glaciers, sail over deserts and descend into sunken ruins to discover the largest and most diverse Gears world ever created.
Sounds about like what I've heard about them wanting to go much bigger with the world (more open). Damn good stuff.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Highly doubt this game is open world. Cant wait though.

Gears mechanics and feel just dont fit an open world style of play. Hopefully 3D metroidish but thats about it.

VileZero

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland/DC
So is Gears 5 going to be open-world? I kind of got that impression from the trailer, and all this talk about exploring the largest Gears world ever certainly sounds... open.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So is Gears 5 going to be open-world? I kind of got that impression from the trailer, and all this talk about exploring the largest Gears world ever certainly sounds... open.
Open worldish. More like the new Tomb Raiders.
They already said the skiff you see in the trailer will be used to get across the world. It works everywhere because of the wind wich is now a big part in Gears since 4.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I will be interested if it's more open than previous entries. Not necessarily open world, but a hub structure could be nice.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I just can't believe 60FPS 4k on one x, hope to be proven wrong. Really looking forward to this and Ori. I can't wait for E3.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Is Gears legit going Tomb Raider? That would be the coolest fucking thing ever and the game would shoot to the top of my most anticipated.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
The X is a great piece of hardware. I can't wait to see what MS and Sony can do with next gen hardware. It will be amazing.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Gears 4 is very impressive tech wise but I find it hard to believe this will run 4K/60 without some big compromises.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
rewatching the trailer and while i still see the obvious flat area with rectangular cover gears is known for, there are also environments that look far more natural - such as a snow ice one. hopefully the combat is designed around more believable and diverse environments than past games.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I've loved all the Gears games, but I don't think I've been this excited for Gears since Gears 1. Everything is sounding a looking so good, and it seems like this is going to revitalize the series just like Halo Infinite for Halo. I can't wait to see more at E3.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
Open worldish. More like the new Tomb Raiders.
They already said the skiff you see in the trailer will be used to get across the world. It works everywhere because of the wind wich is now a big part in Gears since 4.

Then it needs a polished gameplay, no more heavy movement.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a Gears game that Rod & Coalition gets to flex their creative muscles, expecting big things! Especially considering they were blown away by RDR2 and God of War.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... that sounds like Gears.

EDIT: I guess the "EXPLORE SERA" bulletpoint is supposed to signal open world?

Oct 25, 2017
More explorations and environment variety sounds incredible, but I'm not sure about doing that with typical Gears movement. Hopefully Kait and Del feel lighter this time around.

Super excited for this, Gears 4 was kind of mixed to me, but Kait was by far the most interesting aspect of it, making 5 about her was a great decision.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt this'll be native 4k, probably some checkerboard technique.
Lol. I don't think any Xbox 1P studio has hit 4K on the X using checkerboarding. It's always native and besides, if a game as highly ambitious as RDR2 could hit native 4K on the X, then it's not hard to believe one of MS most accomplished 1P devs would find it difficult to hit 4k60fps on the X. They already hit 4K30/4K60 with Gears 4 sp/mp.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
fucking skies. 60fps across the board? My favorite piece toghether with "largest and most diverse Gears world".

More explorations and environment variety sounds incredible, but I'm not sure about doing that with typical Gears movement. Hopefully Kait and Del feel lighter this time around.

Super excited for this, Gears 4 was kind of mixed to me, but Kait was by far the most interesting aspect of it, making 5 about her was a great decision.

manofculture.JPG