• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Story DLC in 2020?

I can't remember the last time a major title got a single player DLC. There's no way this is legit

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
If they did this to wrap up Gears for a few years and allowed The Coalition to work on another IP for a little, that would be neat.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Team Scorpio side story looks like it. Lahni and Mac look more armored up than their usual hive buster looks.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Didn't Morgoth imply that this was Escape stuff? I'd love to see dlc, especially after how that ending, the levels leading to the ending just felt...rushed.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Story DLC in 2020?

I can't remember the last time a major title got a single player DLC. There's no way this is legit
Assassin's Creed Origins, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Spider-Man, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Metro Exodus, Control, Resident Evil 7... it happens all the time.

Plus it's also confirmed that Doom Eternal, Cyberpunk, and Nioh 2 will have story DLC.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Would be cool, but as mentioned could also be some new level for the escape mode.

Maybe it's even a scene from Gears tactics?

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Story DLC in 2020?

Spiderman was the first game that came to mind. Control as well. Kingdom hearts 3 too, oh and assassins creed orgins and odyssey... fire emblem three houses....

Yeah

Edit: someone got to it first lol.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
That's about what it'd take to get me to touch Gears 5 again. The shocking state of the multiplayer certainly wasn't worth sticking around for.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spiderman was the first game that came to mind. Control as well. Kingdom hearts 3 too, oh and assassins creed orgins and odyssey... fire emblem three houses....

Yeah

Edit: someone got to it first lol.

I get what they were thinking though, as Gears technically fits into the GaaS brand most big titles are now. It's significantly less likely than it used to be if nothing else, and anything dealing with battle passes you can usually rule out story DLC.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True but SP/story/campaign stuff in Gears (and Halo) seems a little more important than in COD, BF, Battlefront etc

I agree, but has Halo ever had any though? I think the last Gears story DLC was like 9 years ago.

Certain types of games (SP-only) will always be ripe for potential expansion, but these other franchises that live off of keeping active MP alive rarely put solo content out anymore.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
interesting, lets see how they write themselves out of that embarrassing ending. I feel like they were going for shock value rather than trying to make a good story beat with that choice, and they got called out for it

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Release this around series x launch and it will inject a bunch of new players into the series, show some fancy new visuals and get people excited for gears 6.