• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'd be surprised if the release date is anytime soon. It seemed like it was announced forever ago, then promptly vanished off the face of the earth.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a great sample of his bullshit:

"If someone has their mind made up that #GamerGate exists to spread misogyny and hatred, the best I get from that person is that I am a fool or a Lenin's useful idiot.

No amount of actual hard data is going to change anyone's mind either.

A few months ago, WAM, a "North American nonprofit dedicated to building a robust, effective, inclusive movement for gender justice in media", published their report on harassment. In that report, they linked 0.66% of GamerGate accounts they analyzed to harassment."

rare

Oct 25, 2017
The owner of this studio is a massive gamergater/alt right guy.
hate to be that guy, but can you provide me some sources? all i see is an article on vice, but i'm not seeing massive gamergater/alt right.
QUICK EDIT: I see you did post a quote above, but if you could still link I'd appreciate it.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
hate to be that guy, but can you provide me some sources? all i see is an article on vice, but i'm not seeing massive gamergater/alt right.
QUICK EDIT: I see you did post a quote above, but if you could still link I'd appreciate it.
edit: i kept putting a link there but it kept disappearing, maybe it is banned site? Sorry.

Last edited:

Menome

Oct 25, 2017

I'll try linking it. It's the Studio Head himself writing an article on Medium downplaying Gamergate:

medium.com

A Game Developer’s Year with #GamerGate: The Ugly, the Bad, and the Good

About a year ago, I decided to ruin my life and the lives of others.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
coming soon to Early Access via Epic Games Store...

It's a pretty solid trailer, and the game looks fun. I do have a couple of concerns though:
  1. It straight up looks just like Destiny with a medieval skin. I would prefer the gameplay be a bit different so it has something to stand out on its own.
  2. Enemy designs in this trailer are incredibly boring. It gives two brief glimpses of more interesting enemies (the skull thing and the big brute right before end), but the vast majority is just skeleton/zombie knight-types. I hope it has a big line-up of varied enemies like you see in Doom or something.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's a pretty solid trailer, and the game looks fun. I do have a couple of concerns though:
  1. It straight up looks just like Destiny with a medieval skin. I would prefer the gameplay be a bit different so it has something to stand out on its own.
  2. Enemy designs in this trailer are incredibly boring. It gives two brief glimpses of more interesting enemies (the skull thing and the big brute right before end), but the vast majority is just skeleton/zombie knight-types. I hope it has a big line-up of varied enemies like you see in Doom or something.

I agree...it looks like a decent game but nothing really to set it apart from other similar games...I liked Vanishing of Ethan Carter so I'm hoping they are keeping the really good stuff under wraps until closer to release

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The game seems alright but I'm agreed with Jeff Gerstmann that it's not exciting. It just looks like LTTP of movement shooters and roguelite FPSs, and like others say it reminds of Destiny so there isn't a unique selling point. The enemy variety doesn't look particularly interesting. It might have good gamefeel and FPS feedback, so at least they got the basics down but even being a fan of Painkiller, this just doesn't look as refreshing.

The fact there wasn't a dedicated summer games fest thread for this game's new trailer is telling. Did Adrian Chmielarz ever change his stance from fence sitting on gamergate? It just seems like PR poison and many outlets won't cover his game if he didn't recognise the reality of it.