• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't come off that way, it just looks ugly.
Well there's no accounting for taste

Anyhow, they did a brilliant job with Aerith's house

Some of you can't be this obtuse to not realize that the reason theres no Highwind in the image with Aerith is because, marketing wise it wouldnt make sense to put an asset in the promo for Part 1 that players might not see until end of Part 2 / Beginning of Part 3.

Yall really don't know to be happy? Always gotta nitpick?

Do you work for Square-Enix?

It has nothing to do with nitpicking, people are allowed to be critical of things.

every original key-piece CG art has the characters looking at something significant and/or conveying an aspect of their character:

Aerith's hopeful, unrealized future

Cloud vs Shrina

Barret's relationship with his daughter

Tifa and her promise

Red XIII making his father proud

Yuffie wanting to return glory to Wutai

Cid's dream of going to space

Cait Sith being useless

Vincent's Nibelheim torment

Last edited:

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder what the chances are of a complete redesign of Cait Sith to make fans like him more. But I guess we won't know for some time.
I doubt he'll get a total visual revamp, but I wouldn't be surprised if they largely discard the Slots thing; in FFVII and FFX-2, the 'Gambler' class has only ever felt kinda gimmicky (Setzer is cool tho), and in FFVII he was pretty clearly not an optimal character to have in your party.

Maybe lean in to the robot thing and give him the Tools archetype from FFVI and FFXV as the moves he learns from his assorted weapons.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Xenoblade 1 barely had any interiors for housing. I actually can't even remember one.
I was thinking about Dunban's house specifically.
xenoblade-novelisation-006-dunban.png

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I doubt he'll get a total visual revamp, but I wouldn't be surprised if they largely discard the Slots thing; in FFVII and FFX-2, the 'Gambler' class has only ever felt kinda gimmicky (Setzer is cool tho), and in FFVII he was pretty clearly not an optimal character to have in your party.

Maybe lean in to the robot thing and give him the Tools archetype from FFVI and FFXV as the moves he learns from his assorted weapons.

In FF Record Keeper, he is basically typed to be a white mage/bard/dancer. I can see them giving him abilities that are similar to Aerith's tempest, where he walks around shouting things from his megaphone to buff or debuff. Tools would be good too.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at cloud t posing in front of aeriths house