• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
EQKir-uUcAAgRvo

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
cool that they're already showing scenes from Remake Part 5 :trollface:

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
I want to drive that bike in the open world! I hope Part 2 get's some big, open areas!

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine in some insane world where it turns out that the game is actually a remake of all of FF7 and not just Midgar. Reminds me of all those theories of MGSV where the ending would be a remake of MG1.

The world would not be prepared for this. But I really think it's possible that the final segment of the game is actually after the scape from Midgar.

About MGS V, it still hurts.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I still figure this is the ending, entirely based on the way the last trailer implied Red XIII is just a guest party member. If there was an explorey section post-Midgar I figure they'd just have made him playable at that point.

I do think we'll get a post credits that shows the crew arriving in Kalm, though. If Nomura wants to be extremely Nomura the entire game will end with Cloud saying "Let me tell you all about Nibelheim" ... TO BE CONTINUED

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Glorious. Like everything that I've seen from this game. And of course I had to use it as my desktop wallpaper.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I still figure this is the ending, entirely based on the way the last trailer implied Red XIII is just a guest party member. If there was an explorey section post-Midgar I figure they'd just have made him playable at that point.

I do think we'll get a post credits that shows the crew arriving in Kalm, though. If Nomura wants to be extremely Nomura the entire game will end with Cloud saying "Let me tell you all about Nibelheim" ... TO BE CONTINUED

Oh shit then open 2 with the flashback would be a really incredible setup.

this is a great idea

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's really possible that we still got a final segment after this. That still wouldn't be enough to make Red XIII playable, like an 1-2 hours segment.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit then open 2 with the flashback would be a really incredible setup.

this is a great idea

it's the best way to do it IMO, it's basically the perfect in-built tutorial. Would be wild if they let you play as Sephiroth, too.

I also like to think they'll introduce Yuffie by having her steal the party's materia while they're distracted in Kalm, to explain why you don't have Firaga etc. from the very beginning of part 2

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Really nice.
About the ending... I expect it to be, or just after reaching Kalm and before all the flashback, that would be a great start for the sequel.
But in the end, how they would depict the journey to Kalm? Probably not worth it, and just let the party start there on the next game

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Pretty much exactly what I expect to happen. I kinda imagine Tifa saying something like "Cloud... tell us everything." - fade to black. And it would be a perfect setup for part 2, just open it with a flashback of Cloud and Sephiroth at Nibelheim, that would make for an incredibly hype tutorial.