• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Anyone else shocked there was no frame drops really at all even with all the particle effects and especially when Ifrit came out? The team really got a command of UE4 huh?

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How does this game look, and run so well!? It looks like CG. Truly mind-blowing and 'next gen', imo.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I guess they don't want to reveal the boss theme yet? The battle theme is great, but it would be odd if they decided to just gave this boss fight the general battle music.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell. I don't preorder very often, but I have seen enough. This and Dying Light 2 are gonna rock my world next year. And they're both coming in the first half.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I'd bet this demo is Pro but I have seen many videos of people talking about their impressions of the demo they played and they said the visuals were super good and they were playing on a base PS4.

Very nice~

I'm very impressed with the battle theme, but given how much experience has orchestrating songs from earlier games due to their Distant Worlds concert series I'm not surprised that this is an amazing rendition.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they don't want to reveal the boss theme yet? The battle theme is great, but it would be odd if they decided to just gave this boss fight the general battle music.

They've long since shown that music, its in the initial Scorpion Sentinel gameplay reveal trailer.
Hilariously, Aps is one of the first (possibly the actual first) uses of the boss battle theme in FFVII.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This game looks really impressive. I fear fans' expectations might be too high, almost. :P

Still expecting FF13:FF7 edition. No exploration at all, only a little more shown of Midgar with some additional storybits added otherwise just a recreation of the Midgar section with some changes

20-25 hours. Super cinematic and linear.

No playable Nanaki. Ai partner with limited moveset

Dunno about no playable Red XIII, but I also feel like it's gonna be an intensely linear experience as far as structure goes.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Boss theme plays in the first fight against the sentinel. What I'm trying to wrap my head around is if the Mako Reactor music is dynamic and goes into a different version when Cloud & Barret engages enemies.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
This game looks really impressive. I fear fans' expectations might be too high, almost. :P

Dunno about no playable Red XIII, but I also feel like it's gonna be an intensely linear experience as far as structure goes.

I mean I know the midgar section of FF7 was linear, but this seems like it will be vastly expanded. Hopefully in the next reveal they will show a little bit more about the scope of the world. I understand it is hard to imagine this being a massive interconnected city for this generation, given the visuals and production values on display.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
question.....do any enemies react to getting hit? It seems like you just swing at an object that just takes the beating instead of reacting to it as well. Perhaps its just what they are fighting, but i thought i saw the beginning soldier enemies not reacting to cloud hitting them as well.
gZCleye.gif

humanoid soldiers seem to react, but not bigger monsters it seems. Also depends on moves I think

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
All the FF characters since FFX look a bit Asian due to using Asian actors for motion capture.

For example here is a quote from Akihiko Yoshida from an FFXII interview:

Thanks for that, though it's a bit lame.
You'd think they'd just hire face models for motion capture from different nationalities if they were serious. Don't see why they had to make Ashe Japanese for the Japanese audience.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
They've long since shown that music, its in the initial Scorpion Sentinel gameplay reveal trailer.
Hilariously, Aps is one of the first (possibly the actual first) uses of the boss battle theme in FFVII.
Boss theme plays in the first fight against the sentinel. What I'm trying to wrap my head around is if the Mako Reactor music is dynamic and goes into a different version when Cloud & Barret engages enemies.
Hmm that's make it an even odder choice then.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else shocked there was no frame drops really at all even with all the particle effects and especially when Ifrit came out? The team really got a command of UE4 huh?
Prestige title, enormousness budget/development time and focus on only 2 hardware specs base PS4/Pro.
They wouldnt be showing the game off before its perfect, they knew expectations were crazy high.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely not for me. That fight looked incredibly boring. Way too much health on that boss. Beautiful game though.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if they are playing on the PS4 Pro or base PS4?
Hasn't everything been shown on Pro on events like this for like 3 years now?

I don't care though, this will be played on PS5, unless a miracle happens and it comes to PC. I already know my launch PS4 won't survive this, Kratos nearly killed it last year and this looks like 10 times more impressive.

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not for me. That fight looked incredibly boring. Way too much health on that boss. Beautiful game though.
I feel like the long fights are caused at least partially by them being more concerned about explaining systems thoroughly than showing off the game at its best. Just notice how much time they spend with full ATB bars for the characters they're not controlling.

Regular attacks are supposed to be a means to the end of spending ATB, and if you're not regularly doing that with everyone, you're missing on dealing a ton of damage.

That's why there's the L2/R2 shortcuts to assigning commands without having to actually switch to that character, because you're supposed to be doing that even when you don't want to directly control them.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How long does summons stay in the fights? Seems liked Ifrit stayed there until the boss died. I expected something like 15 secs maybe.
Also, damn the boss fights are going to be ridiculously long huh?

That boss music and animation though. <3 The graphics almost look next-gen.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
the menu showed 1 hour and 8 minutes, As they got to the scorpion boss. Could this mean that the intro after the train CGI cinematic and the fights after + cutscenes take about an hour before you even reach that first boss ? If so, the reactor sequence could go upward to 2+ hours ? .

Nov 30, 2017
I wonder how this is going to fare among people who have never played the original.

Ill say its my favorite GOAT but thats because It was the first time playing something like it back in the day.

Either way Im in and this looks way beyond my expectations.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever this game comes out, other publishers/devs better not release anything within that month. Like at all. This game is gonna be huge. Holy shit I'm convinced.
I feel bad for Ubisoft because they're launching Watch Dogs 3 on the same day if you order a specific edition / 3 days after FFVIIR releases for the rest. And yeah yeah, I know "it's so different sales will be fine", except this is the third game in a series which had a bad first release and a great second release and the other is a highly demanded remake of one of the most popular games.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Summoning Ifrit in a small room will lead to interesting results...

Unless the game only allows summoning under certain conditions.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I love that both the "make it straight KH combat" crowd (me) and the "make it turn based" crowds are both saying it looks fucking amazing

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for Ubisoft because they're launching Watch Dogs 3 on the same day if you order a specific edition / 3 days after FFVIIR releases for the rest. And yeah yeah, I know "it's so different sales will be fine", except this is the third game in a series which had a bad first release and a great second release and the other is a highly demanded remake of one of the most popular games.
Watch Dogs will be fine. PC and Xbox aren't getting FF7 at release and Ps4 has enough install base for two big games.

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Still expecting FF13:FF7 edition. No exploration at all, only a little more shown of Midgar with some additional storybits added otherwise just a recreation of the Midgar section with some changes

20-25 hours. Super cinematic and linear.

No playable Nanaki. Ai partner with limited moveset

But Midgar was aways linear, the game just opens after Midgar, 100% that ll be linear like the original gamem a little more open but the overall ll be linear, no surprises here

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Really like the remixed music. The gameplay/combat options (Classic, Wait Mode, etc...) looks great and I like how Summons work in this.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
It does seem like this game will be a linear follow the story critical path type of game. I am expecting this to be a tightly focused 20ish hour game, not some big sprawling RPG.

Love to be proven wrong though.

How are you all coming to this conclusion?
We've literally only seen gameplay upto the scorpion boss so far, in the original game this was literally about five corridors and a few flights of stairs and an elevator - why assume the remake is needlessly linear? So far it's very much faithful to the original flow, and you can bet that Midgar will be very much expansive and largely free to roam with side quests etc as they're making a whole damn game out of it.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
JFC

the music, the limits, summons fighting ALONG SIDE OF YOU!

this is insane. how tf is this real? they are making what appears to be one of the best games of all time (again)