• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic iteration! I love the tags, so I was hoping ya'll wouldn't scrap them.

My ONLY small feedback is for the "Under title" option, to have the tag appear first always instead of after the "Watched" or Poll icon, just so the tags all align left properly.

But amazing update! I want more tags! Opinion/LTTP/RTTP/Advice/Entertainment/Sports/Politics would be awesome.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If I'm understanding your issue right, the OP mentions that they appear on the front page regardless; for everyone. There is a whole section about it.
Oh this is embarrassing.

Nevermind then; I should read better.

It doesn't say anything about thread titles inside the actual threads, though. You know, inside the header at the top of each page. Though I suppose it might be related.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if it would be a good idea to make them mandatory after all the new tags are introduced.

It's a bit weird to have a sales thread with a correct tag and then underneath another sales thread but without a tag.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
What are the chances of an option to completely hide threads that are tagged in certain categories?

For example, an option to completely hide all threads that are tagged as "Spoiler", even before pressing the ignore button, hiding the thread title completely from the thread list?

EDIT: Already an option. Thanks, jesu!

Last edited:

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
What are the chances of an option to completely hide threads that are tagged in certain categories?

For example, an option to completely hide all threads that are tagged as "Spoiler", even before pressing the ignore button, hiding the thread title completely from the thread list?

That's already doable.
In Preferences, right at the bottom.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
The Under Title option seems perfect, sticking with that one.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but how do I add a tag to a thread. Haven't found the option while editing an old thread or making a new one.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Without going into the whole fiasco that finally led to a thread, I just want to say I really like the new, first option.
It's really good, so thanks for that.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent work, default is great and giving the other 2 as options for those who want them is really nice. Props.

As others have said, a way to hide tags in notifications would be amazing if possible.

one small thing: is there a way to not have the tag after the thread title in the title of the page?

screenshot2020-08-05akpjl3.png

i don't think it serves any purpose there. the tag under the title is great and when someone clicks a thread they see it, no reason to have it in the title of the page as well.

also, may i suggest adding a tag for "deals"? there's so many threads that would benefit from it. the regular eshop/psn/xbl sales threads, for example.
This is a tradition that is likely never going to die. It also works for those who decide to hide the tags.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
also, may i suggest adding a tag for "deals"? there's so many threads that would benefit from it. the regular eshop/psn/xbl sales threads, for example.
For sure. Also, I see sales threads indicating both discounts and financials. There should be separate "Sales" tag and a "Deals" tags.
www.resetera.com

Daily Deals: 50% Off PS4 Game Sale, Death Stranding for $17.99, Nioh 2 for $19.99, Dreams for $19.99

https://www.ign.com/articles/daily-deals-50-off-ps4-game-sale-death-stranding-for-1799-nioh-2-for-1999-dreams-for-1999 Sales seem to be at Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and wherever else.
www.resetera.com

Animal Crossing New Horizons reaches 22.40 million units sold as of June 30th, 2020 Sales

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html The last number we had from the IR site was 11.77 million copies sold as of March 31st. Switch hardware is also now at 61.44 million units sold (up from 55.77 million units sold back on March 31st, 2020).

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went to suggest the exact same thing as the post above me. Please make a different tag for Sales numbers threads and Deals threads if possible.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I hated it before, for some reason my brain is just trained to ignore things that look like that, like I'm seeing advertised sites on Google search and skimming past them. So I found it really distracting.

Way better now, good job!

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So you can't add it to threads that already exist, which is what I was trying to do.

Apparently only staff can do that, yes. However, should you want to add tags to an existing thread, whether you're the OP or not, you can report said thread and make a case for it to get a particular tag, and we will proceed with it!

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Sorry if this has been suggested before but how about a "Image Heavy" tag, for threads like the Screenshot thread, the Paintings thread, various art/photography thread?

OK, I guess it... kind of goes without saying that these particular examples are image-heavy lol, but maybe it'd still be useful for some threads where it's not so obvious.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a thread for general feedback? I'd love to be able to follow a user so I'm notified of when the post threads. Specifically the usual suspects that post threads when the stores have digital sales.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quick and comprehensive - perfect!

Thanks Delphine and the other staff involved for putting this together. Really happy to see a feedback thread again on Era even if it's just for one feature like this as I hope it leads to more. :>

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a thread for general feedback? I'd love to be able to follow a user so I'm notified of when the post threads. Specifically the usual suspects that post threads when the stores have digital sales.

Not sure the degree to which you're aware of this so sorry if I'm saying something you already know - you can actually follow other users currently. But I just don't think it does anything, so they'd need to add that.

It may be off intentionally, though, as I could see how it could be abused? Dunno.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure the degree to which you're aware of this so sorry if I'm saying something you already know - you can actually follow other users currently. But I just don't think it does anything, so they'd need to add that.

It may be off intentionally, though, as I could see how it could be abused? Dunno.

It's a bit weird that the feature is enabled without any functionality. Should either be deleted, or at least notify you of thread creations or something.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks. I think I was already aware of this feature but don't get alerts for new threads, unfortunately.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Nice that you offered the option, but I will never understand the reason people react so crass to such minor changes.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Would it be possible to have a Mafia tag for Mafia/Werewolf game threads? I know that's very specific to one community only, but I think that would make more sense than just tagging them with OT or leaving them untagged tbh.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
The "sub title" (site default) and "suffix" for thread tag mode user preference option has been expanded to cover more of the site.

Last edited:

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
The "sub title" (site default) and "suffix" for thread tag mode user preference option has been expanded to covert more of the site.
Is it planned to make tags mandatory?
At the moment their use is greatly diminished by the uneven usage. I almost missed the Nvidia news about the September 1st event because it had no tag...

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
these tags have made the search in gaming and etcetera hangouts much easier!

appreciate the changes! thank you

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
I primarily use this site for News, so this has been an absolute godsend, HOWEVER--

What's the right protocol to report threads that are 1000% not news? There lots of threads daily that should not have the tag. Even from mods at times. I've complained in replies a couple times but that's just adding an irrelevant response. However reporting the OP post sounds a bit extreme?

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I primarily use this site for News, so this has been an absolute godsend, HOWEVER--

What's the right protocol to report threads that are 1000% not news? There lots of threads daily that should not have the tag. Even from mods at times. I've complained in replies a couple times but that's just adding an irrelevant response. However reporting the OP post sounds a bit extreme?
Just report the OP, it's fine.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
There is a bug where new threads is getting 'news' as a default tag when it shouldn't be. This is being worked on.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
can we please get rid of the tag at the end of the thread title in the page's name? it just looks weird and doesn't really serve a purpose. if it's not gonna be removed, it should at least be separated by something other than a space, that makes it seem like it is part of the title.

screenshot2020-09-01aenkul.png

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Would it be possible to have a COVID tag? While I do participate in threads, and do read through the news... I'd really prefer to control how much I see of it to stop/limit any doomscrolling, without just hiding every thread that comes up.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Would it be possible to have a COVID tag? While I do participate in threads, and do read through the news... I'd really prefer to control how much I see of it to stop/limit any doomscrolling, without just hiding every thread that comes up.
That would be a very good idea. I'd like that as well.