• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
You asked for it and the wizards in the depths of the ResetEra technical department have finally delivered: you can now ignore a thread without going into that thread!

gzpX1v8.jpg

If you'd like to unignore a thread, it's as simple as going into your settings, the "ignoring" tab on the side of the page, then the "thread" tab at the top of the page. From there just find the thread you'd like to unignore and click the trashcan button.

8jvACMl.jpg

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
You asked for it and the wizards in the depths of the ResetEra technical department have finally delivered: you can now ignore a thread without going into that thread!

gzpX1v8.jpg

If you'd like to unignore a thread, it's as simple as going into your settings, the "ignoring" tab on the side of the page, then the "thread" tab at the top of the page. From there just find the thread you'd like to unignore and click the trashcan button.

8jvACMl.jpg

Hey, using my thread as an example. Nice to single me out.

Oct 25, 2017
Great feature. I can now disable the greasemonkey scrip that I have been using - thanks JeTmAn for making that script.

Actually, I might keep using the script. It's a one click ignore whereas this one requires two clicks. And that one has a filter, so all Star Wars, comic, etc. threads don't even appear to me. Still, adding this feature is a big improvement for the forum. Thanks.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
on the subject of ignoring can we have some sort of increase in the user ignore list or atleast have it auto remove people who got perma banned/requested deletion?

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Megaton.

Though I've used the extension for ages. I'll probably be keeping it as well for the word filter.

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
on the subject of ignoring can we have some sort of increase in the user ignore list or atleast have it auto remove people who got perma banned/requested deletion?
I will talk to the tech guys and they'll see what they can do. There's other big stuff we're doing at the moment though, so it might take a bit if it's even possible.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Thank You! I can now ignore FFVIIR threads without going in, spoilers are everywhere atm ahah.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I was out-voted when it came to adding exclusions to this feature. As Dino Crisis threads weren't considered "important enough" to be given special protection.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Nice feature. Been wanting for a while since the extension doesn't really cover mobile.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Look at you with your fancy Edit button next to every user's threads.

(Why can't OPs edit thread titles anyway?)

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can finally ignore all these freaking FFVII Remake threads that can't exist in the OT.

Thank the EraGods

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The ignore button is definitely gonna get accidentally pressed on mobile, it's right where your thumb is scrolling.

But overall useful.

Silvon

Mar 18, 2018
If I clicked ignore, then close the Confirmation Ignore popup (click on x), and scroll down, the Confirmation Ignore peeks out at the bottom. Maybe a bug? I'm on mobile btw

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you. Now I don't have to half cover my eyes when wandering into spoiler threads to set to ignore when they keep popping up.

Last edited: