• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
8d2.jpg

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expected Dragon Quest Monsters but damn, I forgot that mobile games are revealed on WSJ as well and it happened before.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
I can't get too excited about any game in the Dragon Quest series until Square quits paying royalties to that com-poser Sugiyama.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I thought maybe it's the mmo on mobile but it's supposed to be a new experience, so maybe it's an AR pokemon go type thing.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's DQIX mobile. I'm setting my expectations to some kind of gacha or AR thing, just to be sure.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic, Square Enix but when will I be able to play Dragon Quest VIII in HD on a modern platform?! You're supposed to upgrade your games when porting not downgrade (looking at you DQ8 3DS version)!

After falling in love with DQ after 11 and knowing it'll probably be a decade before another singleplayer mainline DQ entry I need something to tide me over. Just give me DQ8 in HD without random battles and I'm fucking THERE.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's proper DQXII just to see a repeat of the outrage that happened with DQIX when it was announced on the DS lol

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I would be surprised if it's released outside of Asia.

The one line in the OP makes it pretty clear it's not a re-release of a previous game or remake...

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
What makes you so sure? I mean I hope you're right but how?

By the time DQ12 comes out the Switch will have a very large install base in Japan. It'll go there.

By DQ13, things will be very different, mobile is already a dominant force over there. Most of the main DQ games are on there and work quite well. Between now and the release of 13 things will have moved even more that way. The game will launch for mobile and whatever is the top console of the moment.