• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Game has also sold 6 million copies.
www.gematsu.com

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 update to add Chronoa as playable character, shipments and digital sales top six million

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 will add Chronoa the Supreme Kai of Time as a playable character via a major update, the latest issue of V-Jump reveals. A release date for the update was not announced.
Man, I'm so fucking confused right now.
It sounds like Supreme Kai of Time might be free though, so maybe this is just a weird gap filler till the next game?
EDIT: She's free, the update is a thank you for hitting 6 million units. Also teases something for the next issue of V-Jump with a weird little chibi Puar thing. There is also no mention of next gen in the pages.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
xenoverse 2 is the video game equivalent of:

one of the crazier success stories of this generation tbh

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
They usually do a new IP for each generation, going from Tenkaichi Budokai to Raging Blast and then Xenoverse. I wonder if the next game is Xenoverse 3 or something brand new.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The previous DLC was billed as the final one, but once you beat it you got this message.
20200518_000154.jpg

So I guess they always planned to do more despite acting like they were done?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well shit, man. I've been done with this game for a long time. Enjoyed my time with it but I played the shit out of the first one and 2 was pretty similar. But with the insane support for this game I'll feel a lot better investing a shit ton into it's eventual sequel.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Supreme Waifu of Time is gonna be playable? Now, I've GOT to buy this game!

The funny thing is is that I only ever played as my custom character in this game.
That's how I played Xenoverse 1. I felt like that was the intended way to play, and well, I enjoyed customizing my character and watching my big green Majin grow stronger. I didn't buy Xenoverse 2, but I would have done the same.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Honestly I love the continued support. I wish Naruto Storm 4 got as much post-game content.
Word, I'd be hyped if they just kept dropping new content like the last dlc. The sucky thing about naruto is that there is no fighterz and kakarot equivalent, naruto is just sorta dead as far as games go.

I love that xenoverse keeps chugging along.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
That's how you do post-release content. Haven't played in years but I'm impressed.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if the whole thing about XV2 on next gen is just a patch for 4K or something.
They're probably on Street Fighter 6 and whatever else. They're kinda due a 2020 release I guess, since they typically have something out every 2 years like clockwork (and Swort Art Online: Fatal Bullet was 2018).
They developed Street Fighter V simultaneously with XV1 and XV2, I don't think the teams have much cross over, just as I doubt many of the staff on DB Heroes or DB Legends work on Street Fighter.
We're also due for a new console DB game and I doubt it will be FighterZ 2 or Kakarot 2. Could always be something else, but XV1 coming out early this gen was big for that game and I'd previously assumed they'd want to that again with XV3.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I loved the first Xenoverse but never tried the second one, how does it compare to the first one?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved the first Xenoverse but never tried the second one, how does it compare to the first one?

If it's been a long time you might like it. I bought it too soon after getting my fill of the first and dropped 2 pretty hard, it really didn't feel fresh enough.

Feels like a series that could get a decent upgrade in a sequel that's next gen.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if 3 was delayed and this is to help fill time. It's just so weird to announce more content for this game right after they said they were done.
Hoping it's a good thing and means XV3 is going to be even better.

If we don't see it in July at MS's show, doubt we'll see it until next year.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping it's a good thing and means XV3 is going to be even better.

If we don't see it in July at MS's show, doubt we'll see it until next year.
Regardless of whether or not XV3 is next if we don't see a DB game before or during MS's July show then whatever is planned for next year was probably delayed to the second half of 2021.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
How is it possible that XV2 refuses to die.....

I wonder when we will hear news of XV3?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
If it's been a long time you might like it. I bought it too soon after getting my fill of the first and dropped 2 pretty hard, it really didn't feel fresh enough.

Feels like a series that could get a decent upgrade in a sequel that's next gen.

Yeah, I played the first one when it came out so it's been a while. Thanks!

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017

Felt more like a 1.5 than a full sequel tbh. I mean, it fixes a lot of things in 1, but doesn't bring much new to the table. I do like the story of 2 more than 1, and it brings in movie villains and ties some of them itno the canon nicely. Parallel quests are at 140 with the DLC? Somewhere around there.A lot of them are recycled XV1 PQ's, with some twist added in, but there are a lot of new ones in the base game, and about 40 more in the DLC's.

Some of hte DLC is good, namely the last one that showed a glimpse of what XV3 might look like, with branching paths on missions , based on who your mentor is. If 3 builds on that, that'll be a huge improvement. Also released free DLC for something called Heroes figures, which is kind of like a bare bones mecahnics Super Dragon Ball Heroes world Missoin, only with figures instead of cards. It's fun, and I hope they build upon that in 3 as well. Storymode for that was fun, even if there was no VA for it, but hey, it was a free update.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Well that's unexpected.

Definitely hoping we get a XV3 soon though, XV2 was up there with Kakarot as top-tier Dragonball games.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of whether or not XV3 is next if we don't see a DB game before or during MS's July show then whatever is planned for next year was probably delayed to the second half of 2021.
I want my OG Broly vs. Super Broly story mission.
That or Kale vs. Broly

One of these has to happen in XV3;s story. Expect both in PQ's.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, she's free, this update is apparently specifically a thank you for hitting 6 million units. Also teases that there will be something in the next issue of V-Jump and shows a weird little tiny Puar looking thing.
There is also apparently no mention of next gen in the pages.

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Real excited at playable Chronoa. Any new female fighters in DB is welcome.

I really do need to try and get back into this game.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda funny how when the game released there was a small controversy because on the Steam page it said "post release support of up to 6 months" or something like that.
People whined then they changed to 1 year.
And now here we are.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda funny how when the game released there was a small controversy because on the Steam page it said "post release support of up to 6 months" or something like that.
People whined then they changed to 1 year.
And now here we are.
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but wasn't it originally 1 year, then they changed it to 6 months and then back to 1 year?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Major update?
Can I finally select my companions in a transformed state? Will cpu enemies use the awoken skill in training and vs mode?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Major update?
Can I finally select my companions in a transformed state? Will cpu enemies use the awoken skill in training and vs mode?
As far as we know, no, but they are adding more customizable partners.
You may as well say post-release content until:

1. People stop buying it
2. It is technically and financially unfeasible to add any more content to the game
3. Heat death of the universe as we currently know it
To be fair this is a free update that is just a thank you to the fans, so it's not like they get anything out of it. If they planned to keep supporting the game I imagine Supreme Kai of Time would be paid DLC.