• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He can die, though. Unless they pull a "never saw the body", which would be lame. His death was (if it happened) a significant plot point, with lasting consequences.

Dragon Age has always played it loose with continuity. Lelianna is a good example. If they have a story to write for him, they'll write it, with a throw away line or three if he died on your playthrough.

Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
He can die, though. Unless they pull a "never saw the body", which would be lame. His death was (if it happened) a significant plot point, with lasting consequences.

Sacrificing the Bull's team is such a bad choice, since later it leads to Bull going against you and dying too.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He's definitely a fan favorite so I'd be surprised if they don't bring him back.
Since like bringing him back again does a disservice to new characters they can come up with considering this isn't mass effect with the same character every time. Plus there should be at least one more guaranteed character making a come back from the previous party. A small cameo appearance I'd be fine with, but I would prefer him not as a party member yet again.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I am super excited for the next DA game after that teaser. I hope Bioware is keenly aware of what we all really want from the next game and that is obviously a Scout Harding romance option.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've went back to JoH and this area is about 10x better than most of them but goddamn this combat is so comprised to fully enjoy, the tac cam getting stuck on terrain really hurts to play.
JoH and Crestwood are basically case studies in how they learned good quest design as they made the game.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JoH and Crestwood are basically case studies in how they learned good quest design as they made the game.
I will never forget how fucking different that demo they never officially uploaded looked and how it tied the destruction into quests, burning the ships to stop Templars from invading a village and destroying bridges that archers were perched on never made it in.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The lore and fantasy aspects of the dragon age universe are all there, it's just a matter of not doing the classic Bioware 1 step forward on the complaint from the previous game, 2 steps back on a previous positive they somehow fucked up.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will never forget how fucking different that demo they never officially uploaded looked and how it tied the destruction into quests, burning the ships to stop Templars from invading a village and destroying bridges that archers were perched on never made it in.
The magic of crossgen *_*

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thank the Maker. Solas and Flemeth were the highlights of the Dragon Age games for me.

So excited to continue that story.

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's great they announced this. I know many say it's to early but its more about sending a message to people of what the focus of the studio will be since that's been in question. Right now I look forward to Anthem, and hope for some Mass Effect news eventually.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I'm absolutely hooked on this storyline and the world, but yeah, I really hope they take a good long look at the combat gameplay and at sidequest design.

Honestly, I'd rather they be bold and give us fewer but better gameplay hours instead of trying to pad it out.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
?

Tons of people definitely want more Dragon Age.
Not to mention Inquisition also sold extremely well. What a weird comment.

It's hard to get excited for a game that probably isn't coming till next gen but whenever it does, I'm in. Inquisition hasn't aged well but it's still a good game and I had a lot of fun with it at the time. Just please have more engaging combat, better quest design and better level design.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I just want my main homie to come back for all my ENCHANTMENT needs! Bring back Sandal.

latest

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I love that that choice has dire consequences, but it kinda feels like being rewarded for choosing the standard idealistic choice with virtually no downside.

To be fair the series as a whole pretty heavily suggests never making a deal with the Qunari as a whole. It always backfires cause they just don't care.

Also can't wait to crack some eggs :D

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
The kind of trailer nobody really needs. Much too early, nothing else beyond some meaningless seconds. The only good news is that BioWare obviously is not going to be shut down after Anthem.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone hasn't played the Trespasser DLC, get on it. Such a great epilogue for Inquisition.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
The kind of trailer nobody really needs. Much too early, nothing else beyond some meaningless seconds. The only good news is that BioWare obviously is not going to be shut down after Anthem.

There's actually some lore speculation packed in here for hardcore fans to glean; such as the 7 orbs circling the Red Idol representing the 7 locked gates/ 7 Old Gods / 7 Blights, with 5 extinguished and 2 still lit. Then there's the Red Idol itself and who the elf on the left is, and the blatant confirmation that this game will be about Solas as the prime antagonist.

Beyond all that, an actual confirmation the game will be made reassures fans and shuts up all the concern trolling about BioWare's future after Anthem, as you said.

So actually, this trailer is exactly what a lot of people needed/wanted.

Edit: On closer inspection the elf on the left is definitely Solas BUT STILL

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Meh, won't be out until at least 2020, pointless getting myself excited yet.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
If it ain't me, I'd be glad if Sandal was a party member and wrecked shop. Ever since DA:O, during the climax, I knew he was on some other shit.

Sandal is almost definitely part-ancient elf. The fact that he shows up in the Fade TWICE in Inquisition is definitely something, in any case.

For recurring characters, assuming we really are going to Tevinter, I want to see Fenris, Dorian, Krem, Sten, Maevaris and my girl Calpernia! I'd also be delighted if they brought back Nathaniel, Carver Hawke, Sigrun or Zevran.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Watch them somehow bring Sera back as a companion >.> Genuinely don't think I've ever disliked an RPG character as much as her.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Sera x Dorian banter was a riot!

I'd love to see them back :)
I feel like that's more on Dorian bouncing super well off everyone :P

Outside of him and Viv, I was pretty down on the Inquisition cast as a whole though. Occassionally some good banter, but not terribly interesting characters for the most part.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Warch them somehow bring Sera back as a companion >.> Genuinely don't think I've ever disliked an RPG character as much as her.

I really find it fascinating how people react to different characters in games. I absolutely loved Sera and thought she was hilarious and on the opposite end I simply could not (and still cannot) stand Alistair.

Sera x Dorian banter was a riot!

I'd love to see them back :)

Her interactions with Solas were great too.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch them somehow bring Sera back as a companion >.> Genuinely don't think I've ever disliked an RPG character as much as her.
I really want to ask Kristjanson about Sera one day, she has a shocking amount of reactivity towards the player ignoring her and she's the only companion that you can outright dismiss.