• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
no platforms were announced, right? Probably early next gen, just like Inquisition.

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
IMO the regular ending is good too if you maxed out Solas' respect. It tells you
he's responsible for the events of the game.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they've barely started development then, not surprised but I think they announced this waaaaay to early. The game is likely 3+ years away.
There was a whole big organized day and stream like yesterday where people wrote essays and poems and did streams with the voice actors all for Dragon Age, all done by fans. They'd be idiots to not go out of their way to reassure them that something is in the works, this isn't them trying to sell something.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Solas reveal at the end and the death of Flemeth was pretty big to me, it was good.
Now the Trespasser was great and it had a better overall ending but it didn't have the amazing reveal of the og ending in my opinion.
I agree, Trespasser didn't change a lot from the original ending which was a much more subtle and condensed version of Trespasser, which basically just explains the ending the original ending directly.
I thought it was quite interesting to watch the small part at the end of the original game after playing Trespasser. It is a pretty well written scene.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Too too short y'all.

SOlas is cool but I was kind of hoping for another blight to happen. I'm betting the griffins come back in one form or another though.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this game 3-4 years before time thou? Was in pre-production a few months ago.

Either way I'm very excited, big DA fan over here.
I mean, yeah, I don't think it's coming soon, I just meant that this isn't the first time BioWare announces something so far in advance.
But this is their third game on Frostbite now and a lot of the groundwork is done, so I expect its development to go smoother than Inquisition's and possibly faster too.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Red Lyrium! Might be our chance to finally see the Titan lore in action. Clearly Solas on the right vying for control over Red Lyrium with some elf on the left in that promo art?

Edit: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I would highly recommend anyone who hasn't do an Inquisition playthrough as a female elf romancing Solas.

Makes his storyline especially poignant.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
Im just happy they continue where Trespasser left off. DAI had its fair share of issues, but they handled the epilogue expertly in my opinion. The lore in general is one of DA's core strengths, im glad they are going all in on whats already established.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
So the the statue in the middle is the lyrium idol from DA2 that was converted into swords, i wonder what's the deal with it.
The orbs are probaly the god dragons since 5 of them are dull while 2 are lit.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the the statue in the middle is the lyrium idol from DA2 that was converted into swords, i wonder what's the deal with it.
The orbs are probaly the god dragons since 5 of them are dull while 2 are lit.
Frankly the idol looks like Mythal.

Also we did hear that an Old God was located below a mine in the desert zone of DAI and the Grey Wardens were attempting to excavate it.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Omg!! I'm so so happy!! A new dragon age! This is all I wanted!

I would highly recommend anyone who hasn't do an Inquisition playthrough as a female elf romancing Solas.

Makes his storyline especially poignant.

Yes! That together with the Trespasser DLC. It added so much to the game imo.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I am SO happy rn

It is going to take them a while but I am just so happy that we will get a continuation of Solas, trip to Tevinter and maybe even territories under The Qun!

SOlas is cool but I was kind of hoping for another blight to happen. I'm betting the griffins come back in one form or another though.
Been a while since I Dragon Age'd but I remember a novel dedicated entirely to some people finding Griffins and proving they are not extinct.

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
So I'm the only one who wants to see Varric back? Also I would like him being a romance option.

'Why are your stories always so dramatic?
'I don't know, maybe because they're a bit autobiographic'

How to create a cool character with dialogues. Love him.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
This actually just annoys me. I really loved DA:I, and here we are getting a teaser (the closest thing to nothing without being nothing) for a sequel 4 years after it came out. Meanwhile Obsidian is announcing an ambitious new IP and giving us 15 minutes of gameplay.

Screw EA and Bioware for playing with my emotions like this. I don't know why DA isn't a priority anymore but it's just one more reason why I have zero confidence in the current iteration of Bioware.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
So I'm the only one who wants to see Varric back? Also I would like him being a romance option.

I would love to see him be the recurring character through every Dragon Age. He's awesome.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Frankly the idol looks like Mythal.

Also we did hear that an Old God was located below a mine in the desert zone of DAI and the Grey Wardens were attempting to excavate it.

So the dwarves created a elirium statue of Mythal that got blighted, but why its depicted when it was already change into swords? Its weird.

Oh yeah they did, the Grey Wardens know the locations so that makes sense.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Too too short y'all.

You don't really need to. Set the next game with him as the primary antagonist and the Tevinter Imperium which is a magical aristocracy type of society that loves to own slaves and be oppressive as a secondary antagonist in your adventures in their area. Solas could have gathered a following of powerful creatures who are like minded in returning to the old days and you have the mobs to fight. Hell the game made it seem at the end this wouldn't be a full on inquisition, but more of a smaller group of people you can relatively trust.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

He's definitely a fan favorite so I'd be surprised if they don't bring him back.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
So the dwarves created a elirium statue of Mythal that got blighted, but why its depicted when it was already change into swords? Its weird.

I think it's being depicted as a stand-in for whatever secret power Red Lyrium holds that Solas and the mysterious haired elf are fighting over.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
God, I'm absolutely buzzing. I haven't been this excited about a game teaser since sheesh...Bloodborne or ACNL probably.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I don't think Varric will be coming back except as a possible cameo. He and Hawke both had their stories more or less finished in Inquisition.

For returning characters as companions, I'd go with Scout Harding. Dorian as an advisor. Wouldn't be surprised to get Maevaris from the comics, either.

Harding makes sense as your point of contact with the Inquisitor's squad, as I'm assuming the new PC will be drawn into the conflict through recruitment by them.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Do you think they'll bring the Warden back? I mean, they allowed us to re-create Hawke in DA:I.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well i'm redownloading Inquisition, been quite a while since i last played it.

Look! The Pie!

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So happy right now!! I know it's a LONG way off but it's nice to have official confirmation that the series is still alive.

Add me to the camp that doesn't want Varric back. He was great in DA2 but was already starting to feel a little overused by DA:I, so bringing him back a third time might be overkill. If we absolutely have to have him back, can he at least come as a package deal with Cassandra? Their love/hate relationship was one of the best things about DA:I and Trespasser.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing Dorian again, but I think that'll be it for returning companions. I seem to recall Scout Harding having quite a big fanbase, so maybe she'll be brought in as a Rogue or something.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Dragon Age: Origins was one of the formative RPGs I played when I seriously got into enthusiast gaming as the series holds a special place in my heart, even 2 and Inquisition had their moments and these games always felt like events for me when they came out.

Which is to say, I'm hyped :)