• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Toei just announced a US Screening for Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna

Over on the Fathom Events site (https://www.fathomevents.com/events/digimon-adventure-kizuna), they listed extras that will be shown including an interview with the creators and a trailer for the new TV series!

ENx0mT2UYAAKFPL

That's surprising to hear, especially so casually. I imagine it will get streamed on Crunchyroll, but I wonder if it will get a dub. Gonna need a new team now that Saban is done.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so is it a movie or TV series? A movie that leads into the TV series?

Also, I guess Tri was just a bad dream? I don't see the new girl introduced in that.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Boy Hunters and App Monsters never got dubbed, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like this is a bigger deal than those two if it's being shown at Western cinemas.
If I'm understanding this correct the movie and the TV series are two separate things. Tri got a dub, but I don't think they actually announced a dub for this movie yet, so they may be going sub only.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they're gonna shoot for a western release of the new cartoon? wonder how it will look then and who's gonna carry it. probably netflix

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm understanding this correct the movie and the TV series are two separate things. Tri got a dub, but I don't think they actually announced a dub for this movie yet, so they may be going sub only.

The tweet says sub only so that's likely the case for now.
They might release a dub later down the line. It might take a bit since they need a new Yamato/Matt.

Forget about Super Season 2.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Kinda wished it wasn't an Adventure tv show. Guess I should wait for any actual details.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Oh

That's just the Toei animated return of a beloved series that I was waiting for

tenor.gif

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I actually really enjoyed Appmon so I'm hyped...

Hope it's allowed to have fun and isn't too "adult-y" like most modern Digimon projects tend to be. I want a fun series.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The movie is Adventure, but we don't know if the new anime is.
I don't see anything that says it's a Adventure anime.
Might be as well something new or linked with Survive.
It could be something different but if it was unrelated I see little reason to tie it to this, especially since this is the first anyone has heard of a new series. I gotta play devil's advocate cause they love falling back on Adventure.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the first episode when its Tai having the crushing realization that his friends don't have time for him anymore. Tai experiencing the harshness of life

Mar 9, 2018
Flame shield on. Adventure is best Digimon.

But I hated Tri. I hope this movie is better.

And if the TV series is Adventure related, I hope it takes place far farther into the future.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
Legend tells that everytime DB fans hassle Toei Twitter for an announcement, a different series gets greenlit instea.

I can believe that.
Annoying fans: We want Dragon Ball!
Toei: Did you guys say remake of Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai?
Annoying fans: No! Dragon Ball Super Season 2!
Toei: I think I heard World Trigger continuation.
Annoying fans: Arrrgh no! DBS S2!
Toei: Sounds like you guys want a new Digimon series.
Annoying fans: No no no no! Dragon Ball!
Toei: Got it. More Sailor Moon on the way.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if it's going to be aimed at children or be attempt to grow with it's fanbase like the games and Adventure stuff have tried. Not that I need it to be R rated, but something at least with a tinge of maturity and an creative vision behind it like Tamers; I've lost interest in shows that are just pure commercials.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this seems like a massive fuckup on Fathom's part if there's any truth to this.

I wonder if it's going to be aimed at children or be attempt to grow with it's fanbase like the games and Adventure stuff have tried. Not that I need it to be R rated, but something at least with a tinge of maturity and an creative vision behind it like Tamers; I've lost interest in shows that are just pure commercials.

Appmon was far more mature than tri or really anything aside from Tamers. Being aimed at kids and maturity aren't mutually exclusive.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Appmon was far more mature than tri or really anything aside from Tamers. Being aimed at kids and maturity aren't mutually exclusive.

I acknowledge kid shows can be mature, which is why I referenced tamers. I don't know anything about Digimon pass Frontier, but I don't think I've ever seen them spoken to highly of (or much at all really).

Oct 25, 2017
I acknowledge kid shows can be mature, which is why I referenced tamers. I don't know anything about Digimon pass Frontier, but I don't think I've ever seen them spoken to highly of (or much at all really).

I would say they're all just as good as the old ones (aside from Young Hunters which is just 25 episodes of filling an empty time slot). Savers and Appmon are my number two and three Digimon shows behind Tamers, and Xros Wars is pretty solid itself after a slow start.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Savers was extremely popular with older fans and App Monsters is pretty good as well. Xros Wars is more of a mixed bag.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly on the topic of a Tamers S2, I don't expect to be anywhere near as good without the Lain writer behind it again. He's a major reason why the show took the directions it did.