• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Actually more keen on a remake than a midquel. I'm doubtful the animation will actually be better, since Toei gonna Toei, but hopefully this actually leads to a solid dub.

Thread title should update to show this is a remake.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
As long as Chiaki is on board I don't mind. I'm actually quite pleased with this announcement because tri was so goddamm bad. So seeing the original crew one last time in a long running series is fine with me.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this was to lead into 02 getting a remake, how would you rework it to be better received? I'd personally keep the Emperor arc and rework some of BlackWarGreymon's arc. The rest would need a lot of changes to fix all of the tossed out story elements and generally pretty terrible ending. Aside from that I'd jettison the fusion aspect or make it less important in favor of finally seeing their natural ultimates and megas while also keeping armor evolution relevant longer so that we might actually see all of those alternate armor forms that never got used in the show, plus it would give Magnamon a chance to show up a little more. I mean, aside from Imperialdramon, did anyone really like Silphymon or Shakkoumon that much? Silphymon's design could have been improved immensely if they had actually bothered to give it bird wings or angel wings, while an OP mon like Angemon becoming Shakkoumon was never not going to be disappointing. LOL

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Oh

That's just the Toei animated return of a beloved series that I was waiting for

tenor.gif
Any day they'll announce a continuation based on the manga arc and beyond... Any. Day. Now.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Savers is fantastic and it has the best villain in the franchise. (Seriously, if you don't want to punch the guy in the face by the series halfway point I just don't know what to tell you.)
I'll go out on a limb here too and say it has the best music as well. Hirari is a banger that still gets constant play from me.

I didn't like the first episode of app Mon and dropped the third Xros series, Digimon will remain buried for me since Tri was so weak as well. We will always have Cyber Sleuth at least.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Knew it was a freaking remake. Well it will be fun to see Wargreymon kicking dark master butts again

Deleted member 2954

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this was to lead into 02 getting a remake, how would you rework it to be better received? I'd personally keep the Emperor arc and rework some of BlackWarGreymon's arc. The rest would need a lot of changes to fix all of the tossed out story elements and generally pretty terrible ending. Aside from that I'd jettison the fusion aspect or make it less important in favor of finally seeing their natural ultimates and megas while also keeping armor evolution relevant longer so that we might actually see all of those alternate armor forms that never got used in the show, plus it would give Magnamon a chance to show up a little more. I mean, aside from Imperialdramon, did anyone really like Silphymon or Shakkoumon that much? Silphymon's design could have been improved immensely if they had actually bothered to give it bird wings or angel wings, while an OP mon like Angemon becoming Shakkoumon was never not going to be disappointing. LOL
I would ditch everything in 02 and have Ryo from the Wonderswan games be the main focus instead.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate how they are taking elements from Frontier, Tamers and Saver for this while ignoring those series.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Being a remake is better than trying to retrofit it into the existing continuity at least.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish they made a new series. Adventure pandering really is getting to be more annoying than Gen 1 pandering.

BUT....at least we will get more Butterfly and Brave Heart out of this. Without them, tri would have completely sucked. Instead it just really sucked.

Darknight34

Banned
Apr 29, 2018
Hmm.. I'm not sure how I feel right now. If they introduce a time travel angle or something else crazy that might be fun though...I'll watch it no matter what they do though. The nostalgia is too strong.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Place your bets, are all the partner Digimon going to reach their ultimate form or just Agumon/Gabumon again?
This always bothered me in the original series.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I feel like they could at least have given them new outfits.
They are at the least redesigned upon closer inspection. Yamato now has a purple long sleeve t shirt and a strong necklace, looks kinda like Gary now. Sora has a new shirt, T.K has a less ridiculous hat, Izzy, Sora, and Mimi all have subtle design changes, and Tai, Joe and Kairi are more the less the same with more detailed clothing.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I don't even know if the nostalgia pandering works on me, I watched one episode of Tri, thought it was ok, but never bothered with the others (Where apparantly things got worse).

If I just want to see the original characters again I'll... go watch the originals again. Like, what's actually going to be different for the tale this time? "Better art" isn't going to win me over. More faithful dub is a wait and see.

And I'll have to wait half the series again for best characters Gatomon and Kari. That ain't fun. I'll just stick with the originals.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
From what I read it seems this is going to take place in 2020...Adventure never really did much with real world tech though so who knows what this'll effect.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Place your bets, are all the partner Digimon going to reach their ultimate form or just Agumon/Gabumon again?
This always bothered me in the original series.
I really hope they do. It's always bothered me in these shows when everyone besides the main two get shafted really hard.

Frontier was especially bad with it, like, wow. My favorite thing about Savers is that all four of the protagonists got Megas AND burst forms, that's how you do it.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda curious if will follow the original faithfully or just have the kids go on a completely different Adventure with throw back to the original series. There's no manga for it and it being a remake it could potentially do whatever they want without being constrainted by Canon. Think I would prefer the later actually. Also what's everyone's opinion if they strayed away from the Canon digivolutions? Like instead of lilymon or weregarurumon, we got something else.

Also being a genwunner I know I'm part of the problem but Ii really didn't like what they did with xros(never saw savers). From what i saw, it didn't feel like a digimon show to me and even frontier was able to pull that off.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
This was also translated from the magazine. So it's not 1:1.
An adventure of the unknown takes place in 2020!
STORY: It's the year 2020. Computer networks have become an irreplaceable component for human lifestyles. However, what humans don't know is that on the other side of the network lives an endless world, the Digital World, and the Digimon who live there...
Large-scale network malfunctions occur in the capital city area. Streetlights blink erratically, big screen advertisements are filled with garbled text. The news reports it as cyber terrorism.
The main character is fifth grader Taichi Yagami, who lives in a high-rise apartment building in the Tokyo suburbs. He has stayed at home alone in order to prepare for his summer camp at the end of the week, but his mother and younger sister Hikari who have gone out to Shibuya are trapped inside a moving train that can't be braked. Taichi hurries to Shibuya to save his mom and sister, but the moment he heads to the train station platform... Something strange happens and Taichi finds himself in the Digital World!
The children meet their Digimon partners and face an unknown "adventure"...!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
From what I read it seems this is going to take place in 2020...Adventure never really did much with real world tech though so who knows what this'll effect.
So what, it's AU and the movies are still sequels to the OG series? The movies are now sequels to this and the new 02 or something? I mean while the OG series did nothing with real world tech this does tie into how Kizuna trailers showed off a smartphone like digidevice. I really have a lot of questions now.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really wish they made a new series. Adventure pandering really is getting to be more annoying than Gen 1 pandering.

BUT....at least we will get more Butterfly and Brave Heart out of this. Without them, tri would have completely sucked. Instead it just really sucked.
I hope they do a complete new opening because Butter-fly without Wada is not the same.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
That report is so confusing 2020? Train? This is definitely going to have some changes. I'm all in, quite frankly they won't give 02 or Tamers a look unless the demand is there so I hope this show kills it and is actually decent.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lmfao a remake? Lame af

I say that knowing I'll probably watch it. sigh

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
You know what? I'm fine with this. Give me new scenarios and interactions.

It's not like the original Digimon Adventure is going to be erased out of existence. If anything, it's going to be like Rebirth of Evangelion.