• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

A bit into the future, a new technology has arrived.

On social networking sites, rumors of mysterious phenomenon of unknown truth were circulating known as, holographic ghosts.

First year junior high school student Amanokawa activated a mysterious device left by his father, known as a 'Digivice'.

When activated he can see unknown creatures that ordinary people can not see, Digimon.

From the day he meets the Digimon Gammamon, entrusted to him by his father, the air becomes thick as he is caught up in the bizarre phenomenon

There is also a 'Mouth Stitching Man' who steals human time, and a 'Mummy Man' who wanders around at night and kidnaps people.

Hologram ghosts are right next to us, and out to get us.

From here on out, it's a story of the other side of the world that no one knew. Together with Gammamon and his friends, he steps into the mysterious world where Digimon live.

Character designs by Tenya Yabuno
Digimon designs by Kenji Watanabe

Planning/design cooperation:
Tenya Yabuno
Hiroshi Izawa
(both returning from Digimon V-Tamer)

Series Composer: Masashi Sogo, who was the series composer for the first 200 episodes of Bleach, Tokyo Mew Mew, the first 75 episodes of Princes of Teenis, Great Teacher Onizuka, Gantaz, Fairy Tail, among others, and has written for many anime projects.

Series Directors:
Kimitoshi Chioka, assistant director, storyboard artist, and episode director for Adventure, 02, Tamers, Frontier, and Savers. Was also the series director for the first 46 episodes of Dragon Ball Super, and worked on many other anime.
Masatao Mitsuka, series director and episode director for Digimon Adventure:, episode director for Xros Wars. Also worked on Dragon Ball Super, Kitaro, One Piece, and other franchises.

Character Design by Mariko Itou, who worked on a number of anime including Log Horizon.

Digimon Design by Cho Shinozuka, who did various artwork and animation for Adventure:, Pretty Cure, Kitaro, Dragon Ball, and more.

Art Direction by Mai Ichioka, who has done art for Adventure:, World Trigger, Pretty Cure, and More.

Art Design by Toshiaki Amada, who did the same for Appmon and Adventure:, Full Metal Panic 5, Kitaro 2018 and more.

Music by Kou Otani. Otani is a very prolific anime composer. Including but not limited to (franchise names, not necessarily specific shows)- City Hunter, Shin-Chan, Eyeshield 21, Gunslinger Girl, .hack, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, Shakugan no Shana, Tenchi, You're Under Arrest, Zatch Bell, Zoids.

More in the link including character designs.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
tIpJXso_d.webp

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
After Tri, Kizuna and the reboot I was already willing to take literally anything that isn't Adventure again, but I really am looking forward to this one.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
inb4 his dad is Tai

Still very excited about this. The premise is basic but every Digimon series is at the start. I like the play on ghosts and holograms, feels classic SciFi. I really like how Jellymon is with the guy instead of being the generic edgy digimon for the arrogant ones

Last edited:

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
This definitely feels like it's been influenced by Yo-kai Watch.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm definitely intrigued by the synopsis. It gives me some lowkey horror vibes and the promo arc has kind of a moody vibe to it. Keeping an open mind but I really hope they manage to put out something good here.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I am really liking how they seem to be going for a horror/urban legends theme this time around. I guess that's not actually anything new to the franchise (especially with Cyber Sleuth), but this seems to be veering harder in that direction than any of the previous shows.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
It seems very standard affair for Digimon tbh?

I guess that could be my ignorance on the series showing since the only Digimon anime I've seen since Frontier is Tri and Last Kizuna so I don't know if it's been moving in this direction for a while, but it definitely has a different feel from the old stuff in a way that feels more Yo-kai Watch like to me.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I guess that could be my ignorance on the series showing since the only Digimon anime I've seen since Frontier is Tri and Last Kizuna so I don't know if it's been moving in this direction for a while, but it definitely has a different feel from the old stuff in a way that feels more Yo-kai Watch like to me.
I mean is it really different from something like Tamers though? The mcs have to deal with Digimon in the real world and all the hijinks that entail (same thing happened with Appmon but I see you haven't seen it, I recommend it btw). I think the fact of the matter is all these cutsie monster shows will feel similar to some extent. I just think people are quick to make the Yokai Watch comparison because it was hugely successful when YW has a lot of similarities to a digimon series that came two years before (the third season of Xros Wars, or "The Boy Hunters who Leapt Through Time" for diehard fans). These kinds of things just naturally share similarities.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this cover the true monster behind all of the digital world that is Social Marxism and Cancel Culture?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
inb4 Taichi pops out of nowhere for no reason and hogs the spotlight

Been a while since I actually watched anything Digimon, so hopefully this is good

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I assume Crunchyroll will be doing subtitles, they've had subs for basically everything Digimon in the last decade.

I think Toei has been subbing some of their own stuff lately, like Dragon Quest Dai, as it was airing (well, used to) on Hulu as well. Maybe not the case for Digimon.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Genuinely looks really good so far. I think they're gonna finally pull this off.

Animation also looks solid. Stills don't do it justice.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Cool to see Chioka be a series director again. He hasn't directed a series since he got screwed over hard by the rushed production of Super.

I thought Crunchyroll was subbing Dai since it updates there every week.
Toei subs their own shows and have been doing so for quite awhile (since at least 2016). Crunchyroll gets most of their shows, but Toei provides the subs.

PonyStation

Banned
May 24, 2019
That might be one of the worst clothing designs I've seen. So this boy is wearing his white school undershirt with a tie... it's cold so he put a hoodie over it. But wait... the hoodie doesn't look cool enough so he has to wear his uniform over it.

Maybe his school doesn't allow hoodies, so he has to hide it? That's the only thing that makes sense

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Finally... we're free of the genwun curse.

I can't wait for this.

For the love of god please be good.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Excuse me, but is that decent animation I see ?
Hopefully it's not a "all the budget went into the first and last episodes" type of situation.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
Did they get this theme inspired by yokai watch or something? Im getting a lot of yokai watch plotpoint