• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
His voice is too clear.

They need to put more effort into him sounding like he's in his surroundings.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over how good this looks. I feel bad I feel like I've seen nearly every Pokemon in the movie at this point though.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Who needs a Pikachu movie now that we have Sonic

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
giphy.gif

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how much better this looks than the Sonic movie.

Last edited:

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
The more I see of the movie, the more I want to watch it.

Got some tickets for free movies.

I'm ready.

Going to go to super early showing though, since I rather not have to deal with a ton of kids in the theater...

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I love the art direction. It has this cool noir vibe to it that fits the detective theme well.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I hope they have a few music tracks in the movie that reference the games; like the battle theme or something.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I really can't wait for this movie. This is gonna be something special.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
His voice is too clear.

They need to put more effort into him sounding like he's in his surroundings.

pretty sure thats this certain trailers thing, because some of the other trailers didn't sound as forward as this did.

This is my most hyped movie of the year. I can't believe we might get a video game that doesn't actually suck.

Also the animations on pikachus face are so good, did they cap Reynolds face? Because it looks insanely detailed for CGI, i can't see it being done by hand.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I wanted to make the 1 hour drive to Disney World, I could watch a preview showing tomorrow. It's actually tempting.

Nevermind, it's already book. Temptation averted.

Last edited:

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
pretty sure thats this certain trailers thing, because some of the other trailers didn't sound as forward as this did.

This is my most hyped movie of the year. I can't believe we might get a video game that doesn't actually suck.

Also the animations on pikachus face are so good, did they cap Reynolds face? Because it looks insanely detailed for CGI, i can't see it being done by hand.

Yeah, RR mentioned in an interview that they mo-capped his face and it was a bit of an uncanny valley for him.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Oh fuck, I completely missed that Octillery cooking holy shit.
It's like whenever they were planning a scene or a set, they asked themselves "Could a Pokemon do this instead? And if so, which one?"

Like, Octillery probably is no one's favorite Pokemon, but there he is. Cooking shit.

It's a little thing, but it's so appreciated considering the easy route would have been to have a small handful of Gen 1 Pokemon and call it a day.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
I already took Friday 5/10 off for my birthday and there's an $8 11am showing...how likely is it to be full of unsupervised kids playing hooky?

I may wait for the sister to see it with her spawnling and let me know if it's worth a grown person watching alone.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I already took Friday 5/10 off for my birthday and there's an $8 11am showing...how likely is it to be full of unsupervised kids playing hooky?

I may wait for the sister to see it with her spawnling and let me know if it's worth a grown person watching alone.
Are there many schools that aren't out by the 10th?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The video WB put up seems to have a few extra seconds of footage.

Oh shit at 0:51 looks like the start of a legitimate Pokemon battle.

It's like whenever they were planning a scene or a set, they asked themselves "Could a Pokemon do this instead? And if so, which one?"

Like, Octillery probably is no one's favorite Pokemon, but there he is. Cooking shit.

It's a little thing, but it's so appreciated considering the easy route would have been to have a small handful of Gen 1 Pokemon and call it a day.

Exactly. If this were the Sonic movie producers it'd be gen 1 only and Pokemon are entering the "real world" or they're aliens or something.

Fuck that noise.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, Pikachu's in a baby car seat, too cute. Heeey, looks like the finally added some teeth to his model, looks good.