• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

My opinion on this? IOI needs to call Idris Elba's agent STAT. If we can't have him on the big screen, I'll take him in a video game.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
An original story and character sounds great. Really gives them the creative freedom to create something awesome. I like the new Hitman games, but the story is pretty blah, but I have faith this will be much richer.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Eh, I'm fine with a generic bond. I wonder what kind of genre it will be? A re-skinned Hitman? I hope for their sake it's not a first person game, they will forever be compared unfavorably to Goldeneye 64.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Eh, I'm fine with a generic bond. I wonder what kind of genre it will be? A re-skinned Hitman? I hope for their sake it's not a first person game, they will forever be compared unfavorably to Goldeneye 64.
I think itll be pretty similar to Hitman in some scenarios, but will also be more of a traditional campaign with setpieces.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to get over-hyped but I expect this game to be fucking amazing.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
They're the best shot Bond's venture in the games realm has had since Everything or Nothing. That's 18 years.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil

That comparison wouldn't matter, only people that played it at the time that really cares and have fond memories of it. But still, I don't think they will make a first person game Bond game, It'll probably be like Hitman but with more story.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Troy Baker was going to be the next James Bond all along.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I don't think there's any point in thinking Bond will be based off an actor's likeness. It'll be a sculpted suave guy voiced by some big name professional voice actor.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember some pretty racist comments from the producers?
I don't know about the producers, but that comment was done buy a guy who writes Bond books. He's not involved in any way with the movies.

I am also fairly certain that in the Amy Pascal leaked emails, there was a conversation about getting Idris as Bond. So it has been considered.

In any case, this is video games. It's a different conversation.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I'm honestly glad it's a new bond, new story and potential trilogy.

It means we aren't locked down on it being a movie tie in or locked within any of those films universes. I want a fresh bond. I still hold out a dream of a AAA current gen James Bond Jr game :(

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I just want to know what era of Bond. What type of cars, snowmobiles, skis, boats, etc, and tech in general, are we going to get to mess around with? I'd like a good 70's Bond story, since that's something that would be easier, and cooler to pull off in the 2020's in video games than it would in film, honestly.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Marvels-Avengers.jpg

As long as the Bond they use isn't as lifeless and boring as a certain other licensed IP game, it should hopefully work out.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
It looks like Troy Baker was going to be the next James Bond all along.

It's a good joke, but you're probably actually right.

Marvels-Avengers.jpg

As long as the Bond they use isn't as lifeless and boring as a certain other licensed IP game, it should hopefully work out.

The heavily single player focused narrative levels made around Kamala are actually well done IMHO, it's the grindy loot stuff that makes the other 85% of the game the crappy part.

Royce

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Will there be a character creator? So people could atleast use DIY versions of their favorite Bond actors.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I just want to know what era of Bond. What type of cars, snowmobiles, skis, boats, etc, and tech in general, are we going to get to mess around with? I'd like a good 70's Bond story, since that's something that would be easier, and cooler to pull off in the 2020's in video games than it would in film, honestly.

I think that a period bond would be a good plan , it allows for the Old school silly gadgets too and not just hacking devices.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
A original story is the best decision they could've made. Hitman was incredible and let's see what they can do with 007. Hopefully the game is a success, so IO can stay independent for as long as they want to.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
you wouldn't mind a bond game being Hitman 4?
Well, I'm not saying he should be a hitman, but the gameplay from Hitman would make a pretty cool foundation for a Bond-game imo. Especially the infiltration-mechanics and the level design from the Hitman games would fit pretty well. There should probably be a bit more focus on setpieces, driving and gunplay though.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense.

Hopefully shouldn't suffer from the Avengers problem either -- if they're casted well at least -- considering its a character already known for different actors.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
i hope its not just hitman 4 with a james bond skin

wishlist:
- better gunplay, cover system, and movement
- vehicle gameplay (driving in cars, jetskis, snowmobiles, motorcycles, etc.
- more useful gadgets
- weapon customization/modding
- authentic voice acting

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017

That would be great, but I'm expecting the same vaguely modern (but also slightly futuristic at times) time period of the current Hitman games

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Aw man. I'd rather have a new Freedom Fighters from IOI.

I'm just over James Bond games at this point.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Great start, make your own James Bond and I have total faith IOI will delivery a great game, 007 brand behind will sell really well.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's old school bond. And make it idris Elba. Hitman is a great reboot and I can see how some mechanics can transfer over, but I just need them to really deliver on the espionage. And shooting. Shooting in Hitman has never felt that satisfying.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Yeah, I think that's the right approach to take here, just do your own thing and leave the baggage at the door.
Very excited about how this is gonna work out, they really seem like the perfect studio to pull this off.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I'm not sure what the point of using the license is if you aren't using one of the actors' likeness. I mean, Bond is the actors, right? Without them it's just generic spy / action game, right?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's old school bond. And make it idris Elba. Hitman is a great reboot and I can see how some mechanics can transfer over, but I just need them to really deliver on the espionage. And shooting. Shooting in Hitman has never felt that satisfying.

I don't think they're going to use an actor's face. That just complicates things even further and would feel like they're trying to compete with the new Bond when they're still establishing the character post-Craig. It'll be a unique face with a gaming VA.