• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Snow later?

Snow on a halo ring is a containment protocol for the parasite. Flood dlc confirmed. :D

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
New maps for H3 in 2021 is both hilarious and a dream come true.

The 120fps free FOV update can't come soon enough so I can go back to it.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Why do they give us these small treats after the first botched revealing and don't wait till they can reveal things accordingly? The other games you talked about are still very unknown.

It's a great thing that they choose to be open and share these design decisions and progress reports. People like them. It's easy enough to ignore the thread if this type of info dump is considered insufficient.

Zedelima

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Makes me wonder how the hell they wanted to release it last year.
It would be a cyberpunk situation

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Yea skins are a given, but I'm talking about the warzone variants where you could get different scopes, damage types, etc.

They weren't necessarily "upgrades" just different types of the same weapon.
Pretty sure in the video they said "no upgrades but variants" which is honestly perfect in my book.
And equipment upgrades sounds perfect. This could actually lead to Metroidvania style design! Man, this game will consume me.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Makes me wonder how the hell they wanted to release it last year.
It would be a cyberpunk situation

Ultimately I agree. However, to play devil's advocate we all saw how the marketing for the Series X/S revolved around Halo and how many promotional material was tied to Halo, so it was not as easy as a call to delay the game as it would seem on face value. Thankfully, Phil looked at the bigger picture and realised a Cyberpunk situation for Infinite would have done irreparable damage to the IP, so Microsoft would have lost out more in the long term if the game came out unfinished.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to pick out some of the mentioned/implied (sub)biomes from the Slipspace Engine trailer:

mTIrGQZ.jpg

escTvLy.jpg

A7PpYJL.jpg

YVvJ5UP.jpg

Ma7vbj5.jpg

ZqARnm1.jpg

k8yT71e.jpg

FaFPlAx.jpg

Gonna be interesting to see, if they can achieve that kind of atmosphere in the game itself and how alive, explorable and diverse the world is going to be.

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Bring back dual wielding you cowards!

Honestly though, sounds like it's shaping out quite nicely. I'm disappointed the biomes are so limited as apposed to something like Gears 5, but glad they came out and said more info instead of another Anthem situation. But overall this seams lean towards more and more into a Gears 5 soft reboot rather than something drastic like imagines in the first teaser.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
really happy to know wildlife is not hostile.
if they manage to Zelda my Halo, i'm gonna be sooo happy.

fuck yeah about all the info, i'm there day one.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds really, really great.

Dynamic weather + future biome expansions being added post-launch makes me feel like the "live" aspect of it could be truly fantastic, and the launch experience is sounding like exactly how I envisioned my "dream" Halo game in the last few years. They totally are doing Halo Breath of the Wild :)

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
So fog is the only dynamic weather at launch? Not having rain is a weird omission given the PNW climate and the fact it was the first thing we saw in the engine trailer.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
So what's the incentive to explore and deviate from the story path? Other than just to see new things. It's not like there's loot or a progression system that can scale the difficulty in any meaningful way, right? Unless they are going to have some type of experience system built into the campaign that translates over into MP. Just thinking out loud. Game is sounding better for sure.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
So what's the incentive to explore and deviate from the story path? Other than just to see new things. It's not like there's loot or a progression system that can scale the difficulty in any meaningful way, right? Unless they are going to have some type of experience system built into the campaign that translates over into MP. Just thinking out loud. Game is sounding better for sure.

They talked about that in last month's update, but lots of secrets can be found that'll have their own self-contained stories.

So fog is the only dynamic weather at launch? Not having rain is a weird omission given the PNW climate and the fact it was the first thing we saw in the engine trailer.

Did they actually say no rain in the video? I know the quotes say no storms, but that doesn't necessarily mean no rain, but rather lightning/thunderstorms.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
The emphasis on Silent Cartographer as a baseline for area progression is getting me hyped. This really sounds like a dream Halo game. Really hope this manages to come out this year. Now the task of trying to find a Series X...

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
They talked about that in last month's update, but lots of secrets can be found that'll have their own self-contained stories.

Did they actually say no rain in the video? I know the quotes say no storms, but that doesn't necessarily mean no rain, but rather lightning/thunderstorms.
Yeah I think rain will be in but not like massive thunderstorms.

Feb 9, 2018
Soooo, does the game take place mainly on one huge open world map or not? I was under the impression that the game was still going to have discrete levels like previous Halo games, just much larger and open, like a series of smaller open worlds? I hope 343 goes into more detail about this later on. Hopefully the other biomes are still plentiful and in great variety, as previous Halo games had everything from snowy areas to forests to swamps to deserts. I also hope we get to board a Banished ship at some point a la The Truth & Reconciliation.

Everything else sounds great, except no playable Elites. I have a feeling that'll never be a thing in a mainline Halo game ever again. Except for H2A's MP mode, they haven't been a thing since Reach, and even that was limited to Invasion, customs, and Elite-specific game modes.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Upgrades for equipment access to weapon variants

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
Soooo, does the game take place mainly on one huge open world map or not? I was under the impression that the game was still going to have discrete levels like previous Halo games, just much larger and open, like a series of smaller open worlds? I hope 343 goes into more detail about this later on. Hopefully the other biomes are still plentiful and in great variety, as previous Halo games had everything from snowy areas to forests to swamps to deserts. I also hope we get to board a Banished ship at some point a la The Truth & Reconciliation.

Everything else sounds great, except no playable Elites. I have a feeling that'll never be a thing in a mainline Halo game ever again. Except for H2A's MP mode, they haven't been a thing since Reach, and even that was limited to Invasion, customs, and Elite-specific game modes.

they said they took a lot from silent cartographer.

I would think its a lot like the reveal trailer in that the levels are just giant, open spaces. you have to do A B and C, but you can do them however and whenever you would like. Go to C and B then fuck around exploring before A. Next area.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Infinite continues to sound amazing, but the biome diversity answer irked me a little. Playable elites would have been nice, even if just for customs or a singular game type.

Also fuck dual wielding.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Infinite continues to sound amazing, but the biome diversity answer irked me a little. Playable elites would have been nice, even if just for customs or a singular game type.

Also fuck dual wielding.

Yeah same here. I was looking forward to going to some widly different biomes but we shall see what the environments are like first to see if 343i can keep them interesting for a playthrough.

The actual game sounds really promising though and potentially a joy to play and explore the world.

Pancracio17

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Pretty sure its one giant open world, or at least big open maps in different biomes with missions inside of them. Judging by the "we will add snowstorms and sandstorns post launch" comment, id wager we will get extra biomes in the post launch plans. Id hope the base game content is still a large game though.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's still a little concerning they haven't shown any of this stuff yet. I can imagine they're a bit worried about re-revealing again incase it gets another lukewarm reception, but hopefully they demo all this stuff soon. I'm looking forward to seeing all these improvements.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I dunno, watching/listening to the video was kinda hype deflating tbh. Just not feeling the future of Halo as a GaaS.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
The only question I want answered is: will they finally have a not-stupid co-op campaign checkpoint save system? cause I'm playing through MCC with my friend who only has about an hour a night to game, and man, it's beyond frustrating that we essentially lose all progress unless we complete an entire chapter.