• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
the only thing i dont like about the original is the overworld map.

it. is. awful.
for several reasons, mostly that it doesnt zoom out far enough.

great game otherwise.
I started playing it again yesterday and I completely agree. I've seen worse (KH3, Fallen Order) but it's still really bad. I did get to the point where York is talking to Zach about Jaws and Tremors and Fast Times at Ridgemont High and it's a big reminder of why I can put up with it lol

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The best version of Deadly Premonition 1 remains the original version on Xbox 360. All subsequent ports have had (more) issues.

Chemi_ro

Sep 6, 2019
Bay Area California
Agent Jones seems fun. From the Japanese Deadly Premonition 2 site

EbTFQLhUcAAeI_2

It's small but here's a labeled Le Carre map from the Japanese Deadly Premonition 2 site

EbTYMRxUYAAg64g

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the music is as rad as the first game. I also hope there are more than like six different music tracks.

The composer on this game is Satoshi Okubo, who did the score of Hotel Dusk and Last Window.

So the soundtrack likely will actually be amazing.
Agent Jones seems fun. From the Japanese Deadly Premonition 2 site

EbTFQLhUcAAeI_2

It's small but here's a labeled Le Carre map from the Japanese Deadly Premonition 2 site

EbTYMRxUYAAg64g
So from what I can read on the map (staring from the top-left and going clockwise):
City of Le Carre
-Raven's House
-Clarkson Sugar Cane Plantation
-Mississippi River
-Discovery Site
-Emma's Skateboard ????shop (I can read most of it, but there's four letters before shop I can't quite make out)
-Leva Denver's House (name might not be quite right, few characters hard to make out, but something like that)
-Rusty's(?) House (I believe it's Rusty, but I may be mistaken)
-I can tell the bottom-right place is a Food place, but there's too many hard to make out characters to decipher the whole name.
-Thompson's Farm
-Isaac Lake
-Water Tower No. 13

The rest and basically everything within the city itself is too hard to read. But interesting!

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man that's adorable. Also looks like a biiiit of a stretch but I'll allow it.
it's official tho
www.gamasutra.com

news

news
The Greenvale Map: If you look very closely at the full map of Greenvale displayed in the menu screen, you might notice that the town is shaped like Kaysen's dog, Willie. Willie adds a small accent to the story by appearing with Kaysen, but he is in fact an extremely important character with an intense, unrevealed backstory. We didn't have a chance to expand on Willie in the main plot, so we secretly concealed a hint in the form of the town map for those who are truly perceptive.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
it's official tho
www.gamasutra.com

news

news
The Greenvale Map: If you look very closely at the full map of Greenvale displayed in the menu screen, you might notice that the town is shaped like Kaysen's dog, Willie. Willie adds a small accent to the story by appearing with Kaysen, but he is in fact an extremely important character with an intense, unrevealed backstory. We didn't have a chance to expand on Willie in the main plot, so we secretly concealed a hint in the form of the town map for those who are truly perceptive.

Oh haha, interesting.

Still looks like a stretch based on that image but I guess if it's official it's official. Pretty neat little hint regardless. I wonder if he'll make an appearance in this game.

Deleted member 51608

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 4, 2019
I'm so conflicted with this game, since we don't know if Matt Conn has worked on it like Swery's last game, even knowing what he was a accused of. It makes me so sad because Deadly Premonition is like one of my favourite games of all time. And it looks so interesting!

(Here's a Twitter thread heads up in case people were unaware of what happened with Conn and the Missing. I don't judge anyone that still wants to get the game no matter what but it's good to be informed. There being SO many games with bad people attached makes it hard to buy any atm it seems.)

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I'm in.

I'm so conflicted with this game, since we don't know if Matt Conn has worked on it like Swery's last game, even knowing what he was a accused of. It makes me so sad because Deadly Premonition is like one of my favourite games of all time. And it looks so interesting!

(Here's a Twitter thread heads up in case people were unaware of what happened with Conn and the Missing. I don't judge anyone that still wants to get the game no matter what but it's good to be informed. There being SO many games with bad people attached makes it hard to buy any atm it seems.)

Or am I? :/

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Framerate is rough, but the thing that actually bothers me is an entire conversation playing out over York's shoulder. I think most (all?) convos in the first game were presented cinematically, no?

I noticed that for the one conversation in the beginning but then the one in the diner was cinematic. Haven't watched more than that yet though, are there other conversations that are just over the shoulder?

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Framerate is rough, but the thing that actually bothers me is an entire conversation playing out over York's shoulder. I think most (all?) convos in the first game were presented cinematically, no?

The first game has plenty of conversations that play out with the characters just standing there, while you can rotate the camera around them.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The first game has plenty of conversations that play out with the characters just standing there, while you can rotate the camera around them.
Yeah, you're right. Watching the video, it's a similar balance. Honestly, everything looks good except for the framerate. Jank is part of the charm, but that town framerate could make people feel ill if we have to spend too much time there.