• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Marcin Iwiński speaks in Chinese for a minute or so at the beginning; but the rest is in English:

Very nice behind the scenes video with lots of blurred-out monitors featuring new stuff🤔😉

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
For some reason I'm getting less excited about this game the more I see. I liked it way better after I just played Witcher 3 and there was only that one announcement video out. I'm pretty sure it's the first person only thing, but maybe I'm just not into futuristic type shit as I am Witcher fantasy type.

The delay didn't help much either. I'm sure my hype levels will rise as it gets closer (I hope).

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My hype for this game isn't where it should be. I mean, CDPR is my most trusted third party Dev. Their studio ethos and committent to not micro transaction-ing the fuck out of their games coupled with the absolute joy that is Witcher 3 should have CB in the forefront of my gaming needs but I'm just not feeling it.

And I'm confused as to why that is?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
My hype for this game isn't where it should be. I mean, CDPR is my most trusted third party Dev. Their studio ethos and committent to not micro transaction-ing the fuck out of their games coupled with the absolute joy that is Witcher 3 should have CB in the forefront of my gaming needs but I'm just not feeling it.

Because it's been eleven billion years.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

I'm expecting a very well-made competent game, but nothing so earth-shattering as TW3 was.

Because of that, and due to the delays, I'm more stoked about a different game in the same genre (Bloodlines 2), though I'm still expecting to play and enjoy the hell out of Cyberpunk, the way i would with any Deus Ex-like.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Dunno why this feels like too little too late. I wanna care about CP2077 right now but CDPR are making it hard.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
You?
giphy.gif

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I'm expecting a very well-made competent game, but nothing so earth-shattering as TW3 was.

Because of that, and due to the delays, I'm more stoked about a different game in the same genre (Bloodlines 2), though I'm still expecting to play and enjoy the hell out of Cyberpunk, the way i would with any Deus Ex-like.

W3 is fantastic but my belief is that Cyberpunk simply will end up surpassing it in some aspects such as complexity of quests and freedom to make decisions that shape the narrative even more.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
This is the most anticipated game of the year so I imagine they are really feeling the pressue to make this phenomenal for better or worse. Perfect way to not only start the new decade of games but also end the console generation. Funny Cyberpunk and GTAV now have the same release date

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
The delay has completely killed my hype for this game.

That's fine and perfectly normal - i'm sure by June/July time I will be much more excited.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
W3 is fantastic but my belief is that Cyberpunk simply will end up surpassing it in some aspects such as complexity of quests and freedom to make decisions that shape the narrative even more.

Witcher 3 basically redefined the genre. It's going to be pretty difficult to raise the bar yet again and they don't have Geralt this time to carry the story.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
For some reason I'm getting less excited about this game the more I see. I liked it way better after I just played Witcher 3 and there was only that one announcement video out. I'm pretty sure it's the first person only thing, but maybe I'm just not into futuristic type shit as I am Witcher fantasy type.

The delay didn't help much either. I'm sure my hype levels will rise as it gets closer (I hope).

I'm in the same boat.

Before the delay announcement - maybe even as far as a week prior to it - my hype was at insane levels; but the delay deflated that quite a bit. I had all these plans in mind for what I was going to do the week of launch [which I'm still going to do, just delayed by 5 months] like watching all my Cyberpunk movies and just getting in the pure vibe of Cyberpunk itself.

Movies like Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049, Johnny Mnemonic, Akira, Ghost In The Shell [Anime & Live Action], TRON, TRON Legacy and The Matrix. I'm even going to theme each movie with the appropriate food and drink - like for example for Blade Runner, I'll make sure to get some sushi and some ramen or pho noodles to eat and pair them with a glass of my Blade Runner 2049 Johnnie Walker limited edition "Director's Cut" whiskey with a Fiji Water ice ball to keep it cool🥃

And then on launch day, I will take a day or two off work and just a soak myself in the game, taking only a few hours break to watch a movie and get something to eat and then dive Right.Back.In.

Knowing that from April 16th we will have to wait an additional 5 months is very disconcerting; but I understand the reasons why and that we're going to get a far more polished and perfect game because of it.

Our hype will return in full-force as soon as more substantial news is revealed and especially when we hear news that the game has finally gone gold. That's when the hype will reach mass-hysteria🤘🏻

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Witcher 3 basically redefined the genre. It's going to be pretty difficult to raise the bar yet again and they don't have Geralt this time to carry the story.

It will be difficult. Its no easy task to one up something like W3 in terms of writing or quest complexity but considering how long in development this game has been, I think it will surpass most our expectations. At the very least, it'll be a more detailed Deus Ex like you said which is still fantastic.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
The delay has completely killed my hype for this game.

That's fine and perfectly normal - i'm sure by June/July time I will be much more excited.
You know how excited I am for this game and I agree, the delay did deflate my hype balloon just a tad bit.

I've been waiting for this game since it was announced in 2012 and if I really analyze it; I've really been waiting for this game since I played the pen and paper game back in the 90s - that's a long fucking time to wait for something LOL!

Each day that passes I feel a little bit more of the hype refilling my balloon and once we see another new video or a comprehensive list of new things/features, I think we'll all be back on board the hype-train :)
It will be difficult. Its no easy task to one up something like W3 in terms of writing or quest complexity but considering how long in development this game has been, I think it will surpass most our expectations. At the very least, it'll be a more detailed Deus Ex like you said which is still fantastic.
If they announce that you can play pool in the bars and clubs in this game, that's all I'll need to refill my hype balloon. Just for reference, the 3 loves of my life are Cyberpunk media, playing pool and movies.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX

It'll depend how well they land it, but taking the Deus Ex-style immersive sim to open-world scale seems like it could end up feeling pretty fresh. Witcher 3 wasn't really anything hugely revolutionary; it was pretty firmly in the Red Dead/Assassin's Creed school of open-world games, just with a scale and quality of writing and dedication to making every quest narratively meaningful that pushed it to a such heights. Cyberpunk has the opportunity to do all of that while also feeling much less similar to its closest cousins than the Witcher 3 did, just because the scale leap from the pretty constrained Deus Ex to full-open-city Cyberpunk will be larger than the jump from already open AC/RDR to open-but-bigger Witcher 3.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018

It's the delay, once we get closer to the release there will be more hype.

But, that September release date isn't good. There will be plenty willing to wait for few more months to play on next-gen machines, I know I am.

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Is there anyone here proficient in Mandarin to give a quick summary of what Iwinski says at the beginning and then what (I assume) their head of Chinese localization says at the end?

May 23, 2019
cyberspace

I love everything related Cyberpunk in general. I'm hyped for this game.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
It's turned into a Rocksteady situation for me. You can't trust their next game will be the same phenomenon as Witcher just because it's them, and it's also been so long now that they've teased it for such a long time you just can't hype up a release for sure. It just hasn't had the marketing push Witcher 3 did either. I mean, it had Keanu Reeves and kickass trailers every E3 but Witcher 3 had a pretty steady row of teasers and trailers within its year of release, and that just hasn't been done with Cyberpunk yet.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
It's turned into a Rocksteady situation for me. You can't trust their next game will be the same phenomenon as Witcher just because it's them, and it's also been so long now that they've teased it for such a long time you just can't hype up a release for sure. It just hasn't had the marketing push Witcher 3 did either. I mean, it had Keanu Reeves and kickass trailers every E3 but Witcher 3 had a pretty steady row of teasers and trailers within its year of release, and that just hasn't been done with Cyberpunk yet.
I wonder if Keanu Reeves will return to the Microsoft stage at E3 this year to do...something?

What if they show a new trailer with the September 17th release date and then all of a sudden, a glitch happens and the lights go out - and then a door opens with mist coming out and it's Keanu Reeves and he says "Wait a minute - that's not right!?" and then points at the screen and it glitches again and now shows July 7th, 2020 [7/7/20 <> 20/7/7]...

...that, would be quite something.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
something tells me...........I'm not going to be as impressed by this as I was TW3. Just seems like the expectations are too high, i might need to lower it a bit here so i don't get as disappointed. It's probably just the delay hitting me though......like all the air was just let out once they announced a delay, and now the Dev's work even more crunch on the insane amounts they were probably already working.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Feels so weird to me that there are already THIS MANY products out there for a game that isnt even out and has yet to prove itself as anything worthy of so much praise
Agreed.

Just imagine how much more merch will release after the game does and especially if it Metacritic's over 90...
The seamless animation for cut scene interrupts sounds soooooo good.
Oh yeah!

Like if you just don't like what someone is saying, you can punch them or draw your gun and it changes what's going on. That's going to be revolutionary.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Like if you just don't like what someone is saying, you can punch them or draw your gun and it changes what's going on. That's going to be revolutionary.

Yeah, both Mass Effect and Red Dead Redemption 2 flirted with this concept but I'm curious how far CDPR will push it. Oddly enough, it's not the dramatic interrupts that tickle me but little things, like talking over an NPC or having them respond to you looking away to something in the background as they talk.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Zero new actual footage in that video though.

The delay kinda trainwrecked my hype. I'd rather not hear anything from CDPR anymore until it's July or something.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Yeah, both Mass Effect and Red Dead Redemption 2 flirted with this concept but I'm curious how far CDPR will push it. Oddly enough, it's not the dramatic interrupts that tickle me but little things, like talking over an NPC or having them respond to you looking away to something in the background as they talk.
You can also look around the environment and highlight things to bring into the conversation. It's going to be lit🤘🏻😎
Zero new actual footage in that video though.

The delay kinda trainwrecked my hype. I'd rather not hear anything from CDPR anymore until it's July or something.
Oh there's new footage, it's just blurred-out on the monitors. The most exciting part for me was the blurred-out footage of Miles working on the in-game map - it looks humongous.

I think the delay train-wrecked everyone's hype; but I would like to see more frequent updates and the thing that would get me the most hype of all, would be to see 15 minutes of nighttime gameplay in the rain, while walking around in Watson, Westbrook and City Center. I think that would satiate me for the next 7 months :)

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

Me too, but not because of the first person (I was hype for it), but because the more we see it, the more it seems like a lite RPG, and mostly a cinematic GTA like game.
They said that it's highly replayable so I have hope, but I start to think that it's mostly just going to be either "you can shoot like a crazy dude" or "sneak into the ennemy base", which is exactly what they've shown so far.
The game is going to be great, the public will love it. But the vision that the devs had a few years ago clearly changed a lot, now they aim to do a RPG lite GTA.

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
Can't believe they blurred all the monitors. I think it's the first time i've seen something like this.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017

I'm with you. There was a time I was considering splurging on a graphics card for this game. Not so much right now. No issue at all with the delay.

For me, it's a mixture of some of content they've waded into (Potential racial stereotyping, some weird unforced issues around trans folks), and the fact that what they've shown up to this point looks... Just ok?

Reality is, while The Witcher had great ideas, stories, and interesting mechanics throughout, I do think it took them until The Witcher 3 to truly capitalize on all of those ideas and create something really amazing. Should we expect Cyberpunk to hit it out of the park on the first try? Will they be able to translate everything that made The Witcher great into Cyberpunk?

Honestly, I'm just not sure. Really hopeful though.

Last edited:

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I've been waiting for this game so long that every time I hear anything about it I kinda jump up.
But that video didn't show anything new other than Marcin Iwinski speaking Chinese.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Can i get some more behind the scenes for a belated Orthodox new year as well ?
All celebrations are good to get stuff ! come on, even late ... the full demo in good quality maybe also ? (it's been leaked already out of cellphones, there's nothing to hide) :)

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if people where saying the same thing when Witcher 3 got delayed the first and second time lol.
A lot of people thought that the game would be a mess and they were over ambitious and shouldn't have made it open world. There were those rumors that the game wasn't doing too well.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Maybe I'm just not following this games as much as I should be, but it has been tough getting super hyped for it. For a game that is supposedly SO HUGE and has massive amounts of content, it feels like we only seen nothing of it? Am I missing things?

Also the First Person mode makes it harder to get hyped for.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because it's been eleven billion years.

I'm in the same boat.

Before the delay announcement - maybe even as far as a week prior to it - my hype was at insane levels; but the delay deflated that quite a bit. I had all these plans in mind for what I was going to do the week of launch [which I'm still going to do, just delayed by 5 months] like watching all my Cyberpunk movies and just getting in the pure vibe of Cyberpunk itself.

Movies like Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049, Johnny Mnemonic, Akira, Ghost In The Shell [Anime & Live Action], TRON, TRON Legacy and The Matrix. I'm even going to theme each movie with the appropriate food and drink - like for example for Blade Runner, I'll make sure to get some sushi and some ramen or pho noodles to eat and pair them with a glass of my Blade Runner 2049 Johnnie Walker limited edition "Director's Cut" whiskey with a Fiji Water ice ball to keep it cool🥃

And then on launch day, I will take a day or two off work and just a soak myself in the game, taking only a few hours break to watch a movie and get something to eat and then dive Right.Back.In.

Knowing that from April 16th we will have to wait an additional 5 months is very disconcerting; but I understand the reasons why and that we're going to get a far more polished and perfect game because of it.

Our hype will return in full-force as soon as more substantial news is revealed and especially when we hear news that the game has finally gone gold. That's when the hype will reach mass-hysteria🤘🏻
It's the delay, once we get closer to the release there will be more hype.

But, that September release date isn't good. There will be plenty willing to wait for few more months to play on next-gen machines, I know I am.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with deflated hype but I forgot the bolded below making me pull back a little and perhaps adding to my deflation.

I'm with you. There was a time I was considering splurging on a graphics card for this game. Not so much right now. No issue at all with the delay.

For me, it's a mixture of some of content they've waded into (Potential racial stereotyping, some weird unforced issues around trans folks), and the fact that what they've shown up to this point looks... Just ok?

Reality is, while The Witcher had great ideas, stories, and interesting mechanics throughout, I do think it took them until The Witcher 3 to truly capitalize on all of those ideas and create something really amazing. Should we expect Cyberpunk to hit it out of the park on the first try? Will they be able to translate everything that made The Witcher great into Cyberpunk?

Honestly, I'm just not sure. Really hopeful though.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
THIS

Reality is, while The Witcher had great ideas, stories, and interesting mechanics throughout, I do think it took them until The Witcher 3 to truly capitalize on all of those ideas and create something really amazing. Should we expect Cyberpunk to hit it out of the park on the first try?
this is what I've been feeling. Witcher 3 was a great game but it was both a combination of the studio improving on that formula for many years and the game not being than innovative in terms of gameplay systems. Its praised for how well it did your usual open world things, not for how much it added to them.
With cp2077 they are not only going for a game that's supposed to have a bigger scale in terms of content but also in terms of gameplay systems and I cant see it happening and living up to the hype that so many people have for it.

Honestly maybe the delay and deflated hype is a good thing for them. Its going to be a great game but I wouldnt expect much more than cyberpunk fps witcher.
Also i can totally see the game getting another delay

MBABuddha

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
The more I hear about this game (and from impressions last E3) Cyberpunk seems less like the RPG heir apparent to Witcher 3 and more like a Deus Ex game with a more realized, interactive world. Not necessarily a bad thing, just less of a "most anticipated of all time" situation.