• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Its crazy that people with 20 series cards are talking about this game not running....

Like damn, got the money to spend on a nice card and have no clue about its capabilities

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
This game is going to be insane.

I'd really like to see them do a video with Ray Traced Global Illumination enabled. Rainy neon nights, transitioning to dry, hot, barren days.

I don't think my eyes are ready for that kind of treat.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Its crazy that people with 20 series cards are talking about this game not running....

Like damn, got the money to spend on a nice card and have no clue about its capabilities
i bought the 1080 in naive attempts to future proof my pc. literally a month later the 2080 got announced. I'm waiting for the next next release before I get another card. So I guess 3080 XTX Perfect Ultra Silverhair or whatever.

It better not cost more than a car.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Is this the game that Sony fans will finally declare is better looking than the Sony exclusives?
I still think TLoU2 is doing character models better, and certainly will be doing animations better. But Cyberpunk 2077 has to do all of that in an open world, so... swings and roundabouts. But compare skin texture resolutions in these two shots for example, and face geometry, details and TLoU2 still has the lead:

image_cyberpunk_2077-40528-2618_0002.jpg

the-last-of-us-part-ii-pgw-screen-08-ps4-us-10jul18

Don't get me wrong, I'm super hyped for Cyberpunk and it's my most anticipated game. But it doesn't blow me away visually. Looks very cross gen to me. Certainly not next gen.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
They really give me the Judge Dredd and GiTS vibe. Is this the only city in the game?

Yep, game takes place in basically mega city called Night City and it surroundings. It's divided into 6 distinct districts with their own population, gangs and culture. Surroundings are called Outskirts, if I remember right, and design has apparently taken a lot inspiration from Max Mad. It's wasteland.

I still think TLoU2 is doing character models better, and certainly will be doing animations better. But Cyberpunk 2077 has to do all of that in an open world, so... swings and roundabouts. But compare skin texture resolutions in these two shots for example, and face geometry, details and TLoU2 still has the lead:

Don't get me wrong, I'm super hyped for Cyberpunk and it's my most anticipated game. But it doesn't blow me away visually. Looks very cross gen to me. Certainly not next gen.

ND also is helped by doing linear cinematic story game so amount of needed underlying mechanics and tech isn't really out there when compared to something like CP77 that is trying to simulate whole open world city. They can dedicate a lot of power just to render eye candy aka graphics.

Two games just strive for quite different things, like you point out.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Is anyone else excited about the potential for verticality in this game?
I know they have mentioned it,but I wonder how far it will go.....seeing all those tall buildings......so many open world games are so flat,even ones with cities you end up never being able to enter 90% of the buildings.....I hope this can be a watershed moment for that sort of thing.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Is anyone else excited about the potential for verticality in this game?
I know they have mentioned it,but I wonder how far it will go.....seeing all those tall buildings......so many open world games are so flat,even ones with cities you end up never being able to enter 90% of the buildings.....I hope this can be a watershed moment for that sort of thing.

In interview developer mentions that you wont be able to enter every single building, but ones they have purposefully created content for. Missions, stores, activities like boxing...

Verticality will still be very big part of the game and some of highest points you can reach corpo buildings in center of of they city, massive skyscrapers. There has been some hints and speculation that we could end up going even higher...

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, game takes place in basically mega city called Night City and it surroundings. It's divided into 6 distinct districts with their own population, gangs and culture. Surroundings are called Outskirts, if I remember right, and design has apparently taken a lot inspiration from Max Mad. It's wasteland.
Thanks! One mega city should be enough.
They could add a ton of side activities for us to enjoy.

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Character models in TLoU2 will indeed be the best looking gameplay character models of any game to date. But that's because my friend told me so with extreme conviction. ;) I'll take his word for it.

But character models is a small subset of the overall graphics presentation. You can't win an award based off of only better character models.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Character models in TLoU2 will indeed be the best looking gameplay character models of any game to date. But that's because my friend told me so with extreme conviction. ;) I'll take his word for it.

But character models is a small subset of the overall graphics presentation. You can't win an award based off of only better character models.
Indeed! And like I said, TLoU2 has the benefit of fairly linear level design, certainly when compared to the colossal open world of Cyberpunk. But that's where trying to decide which game is visually superior is an odd thing to do with these games. I have absolutely no doubt that TLoU2 will be the graphically superior game of the two. But I'm also convinced Cyberpunk will be the more technically impressive when it comes to open world streaming and details. And finally, I'm also convinced that real next gen games will look significantly better than both ;)

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
In interview developer mentions that you wont be able to enter every single building, but ones they have purposefully created content for. Missions, stores, activities like boxing...

Verticality will still be very big part of the game and some of highest points you can reach corpo buildings in center of of they city, massive skyscrapers. There has been some hints and speculation that we could end up going even higher...
That sounds pretty good then.....I wouldn't expect to be able to go in all buildings of course that would be an insane amount of work for them,just a larger percentage than usual.

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Indeed! And like I said, TLoU2 has the benefit of fairly linear level design, certainly when compared to the colossal open world of Cyberpunk. But that's where trying to decide which game is visually superior is an odd thing to do with these games. I have absolutely no doubt that TLoU2 will be the graphically superior game of the two. But I'm also convinced Cyberpunk will be the more technically impressive when it comes to open world streaming and details. And finally, I'm also convinced that real next gen games will look significantly better than both ;)

There is no way TLoU2 will look graphically superior to Cyberpunk. TLoU2 has an old engine written over top of it. And will ultimately still have limitations in the hardware. Cyberpunk, on PC at least, will surely be the superior tech-savy game for next gen. In fact, it'll end up like Crysis -- i.e. it will be developed for future hardware in mind (like 3-5yr tech from now).

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
I think I'll have to bite the bullet and run this game at 30fps on my PC. Doubt my 1070 will be enough for 60 if I want the game to look close to these screenshots

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Wow. Good sense of scale in that one.

They said before that where TW3 was big in a horizontal way, Cbyerpunk's world is big in vertical way
"Night City holds six districts, but I can't give you an exact number in square meters because no one [has] counted this yet," writes the rep. "Also, this is tricky for an urban environment -- Night City has lots of buildings and these buildings have floors. You can have 120 square meters of space technically up 60m2 of space. In a tall building, and we will have many of them explorable, each floor can house a of activities. Floors stack. The Witcher 3 was, in a way, much flatter -- thee activites were scattered. Here, the world can be huge, but it can be huge upwards, or downwards."
CD Projekt Red Talks 'Cyberpunk 2077' World Size

+ the gameworld in Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't mean only the Night City, you can go outside of the city too

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Not to mention that Cyberpunk's story has got way more content and loads more changing variables than TLoU's. In TLoU, you can put all your effort into making sure each scene looks exactly the way it should look because each scene will look exactly the same for each player. In Cyberpunk, many scenes will look vastly different for different players so it's more difficult to make sure all of those different possible scenarios look great. And yeah, there are probably just a whole lot more cutscenes/dialogue scenes in 2077 than there are in TLoU and, obviously, the more content you've got, the more difficult it gets to make sure all of that content looks super polished.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have written an official petition to CDPR to remove all fast travel features from the game.

Fast travel destroys immersion and is not allowed.

But since I know how weak you fuckers are, I requested the feature be removed from the game altogether so you wont be tempted.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017

We should also not forget that CDPR is 4x larger than Naughty Dog. But since they are making very different games, dev workloads and rendering loads are different.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We should also not forget that CDPR is 4x larger than Naughty Dog. But since they are making very different games, dev workloads and rendering loads are different.
ND is estimated to be around 250 people, Cyberpunk team is little over 400. Bigger team, not four times bigger. And still far cry from the likes of Rockstar or Ubi.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I see no huge difference to be honest. Other than the Last of Us being obviously mo-capped.

But i agree that the game doesn't seem undoably this gen, especially on pc.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I wonder if backslash they got for TW3's graphics had them going more conservative into CP77's production and graphical targets. Game looks really good, but it isn't blowing a lot of eyes with its graphical bells and whistles.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still holding out hope this will be the first major DLC

gkvwhxa2m0511xrkp8.jpg
They've said time and time again ciri isn't happening. Not even as a cameo. The lead himself has said he hates the idea because the question comes up so often and he isn't making the marvel cinematic universe. I think he even jokingly said hell make sure it never happens out of spite over how often it gets brought up to him haha.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I have written an official petition to CDPR to remove all fast travel features from the game.

Fast travel destroys immersion and is not allowed.

But since I know how weak you fuckers are, I requested the feature be removed from the game altogether so you wont be tempted.

You have my boots.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Ask us this in 4 years. Midgen refreshes are not guaranteed, as is patching of old games. Also, jump from 30>60 sometimes requires stronger CPU, which midgen refresh will not have.
They might have better CPUs this gen though. They couldn't with Jaguar, because they were already pushing that tech to its end point. But with Zen 2, there's even easy head room for a core count increase to 12 or 16. Just depends what's affordable to them at the time.