• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive deals sucks.. I hope Remedy is getting a good amount of money from them and not only the publisher.

Anyways. the Digital Deluxe is very tempting because the plus discount.

Thomas Puha

Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland
The talk about dlc's half year before release of games is never a good thing. not to mention the exclusive content to a single console - if i was Xbox owner won't buy this game at full price tbh.

Hmm...what we specifically told the press was that the expansions will come out quite a while after we ship the main game as we want to, obviously, make it as awesome as possible. We got a high level idea of the expansions, but we really get to work on those once we ship Control. Rest assured, we are focused on the game.

On the other hand, we want our audience know, there is more Control to come post-launch, we are in a position to support our game, which we think is a good message.

Both expansions will be available for all formats, though yes there is an exclusivity window.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Timed EGSclusivity on PC and season pass being a timed exclusive for PS4 makes this an easy wait for me.

Shame really.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I was looking forward to Control, but now that 505 made it exclusive to Epic for a year, I'm looking even more forward to it.
Hi everyone,

Just keep in mind that what you're seeing in the trailer is still WIP (Work In Progress)

Thanks for all the positive comments.

You can pre-order the game at https://controlgame.com/ - keep in mind we just refreshed the whole website and some stuff is still propagating.

Any questions/problems I could answer shoot!
Can you confirm the time period during which it will be exclusive to Epic?
I just assume that it's 12 months because that's typically what it's been, but that doesn't mean it always is.

Thomas Puha

Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland
I really enjoy the Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy and Second Sight vibes this gives off. Clearly very different in content, and I love the mystery and creepy factor at play here.

Plus Remedy is one of my favorite all-time developers who pretty much do no wrong in my opinion, so this is a guaranteed day one.

Both of those games were awesome, hopefully we can top both of them. I think we can.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Timed exclusivity on PC stores and then timed exclusivity on DLCs wtf

Making really easy to wait it all out I guess.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Hi all,

embargo just ended, so there's quite a few hands-on previews out there now.
Hi everyone,

Any questions/problems I could answer shoot!

Will game release on other PC platforms in 2020 or is game EGS exclusive for foreseeable years?

Asking as I can't support what Epic is doing with EGS (paid exclusives, data gathering), but I have been Remedy since Max Payne 1 so would love to play Control at some point.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
tbh it's the same shoot shoot bang pew mechanics just on a different skin... :(

drog

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I like this trailer a lot more than the reveal trailer but dam do we need another boring white female protagonist? Couldn't be a POC? Other than that I'm excited.

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Looks like I won't be able to get the game at launch on my desired platform, and even if I were to budge on that I still wouldn't get the DLC when it comes out either.

Guess I'll just get the complete game for a few bucks in a Humble Bundle at some point then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
What does it mean when a publisher avoids publicly detailing the length of the exclusivity period?

I'd guess Epic has started wanting to obscure that these are timed exclusives, trying to encourage people to believe that maybe they'll be exclusive forever.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The production value looks top notch but the atmosphere just doesn't grab me the same way Max Payne or Alan Wake did.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I don't tend to buy games day one anymore, due to XGP, GwG and decent sales, but this is looking like a day one purchase. Remedy haven't disappointed me yet.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like about as close as we'll get to an SCP game. I have Alan Wake on my XBO but I haven't played it, and also never played Quantum Break either - are those games in the same genre as Control? This crazy sci-fi, or "New Weird" as I learned it's called in the other Control thread, looks so sick.

Am I wrong to assume there will also be creatures and not just human enemies? Something in the trailer looked like it may have been a giant boss thing that was... assembling itself?

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Psi-Ops! And yes you should absolutely play it (and that part is so freaking cool). Can't say if it aged well though as I played it like 15 years ago:)
I went to see some footage and run straight into the previously mentioned section. It does look cool, I´ll keep it in mind for when I build my ever futuristic emulation machine.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Game looks great! Shame about the exclusive content, but business is business.

What does this even mean? Are you trying to say the game is just a reskinned Quantum Break? The powers and structures of the games are completely different.

I am finding that it's the same been there done that shoot action game, which sadly I've come to realize that I'm too jaded to see how "cool" the powers are.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting Psi OPs vibes. Looks incredible.

Day 1 for any Remedy game for me, and this one seems like it might be extra special.

Can't wait.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
EGS timed exclusivity for the game, PS4 timed exclusivity for the DLC...

giphy.gif

See you in 2020.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
But it seems you can't Control your timed exclusives deals. Jeez first Epic store then ps4 stuff.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida