• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but something about this video feels a little... budget? Maybe it's the textures or compression from YT... maybe it's the walking/running animation...

I can't explain it, but for some reason it just feels like a smaller, more budget title.

I'm a dope though, so that's probably why.
Because combat / gunplay looks dull.

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
Yeah, not great. Here in my country the game currently at $59.99 is costing ~R$230 using the latest exchange rate while on Steam I´m 99.99% positive this would have been R$159.99 max. Definitely not R$229.
R$ 119,00 on Xbox Live.

6mKgCJ4.jpg

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Very happy some previews are already getting that is not a cover tps but an adventure where you need to use your powers. Sweet prince Quantum Break, your good sis Control will avenge you.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Bruh I want this game badly but don't know if it will sell me on jumping to EGS... All my shit on Steam and that's convenient right now

We gonna have to see, good move Epic...

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
This looks awesome, feels like they're going wild with the powers that felt more grounded in Quantum Break. Can't wait for this.

asheliaX

Feb 3, 2018
The Seychelles
I've preordered my copy and I'll be grabbing one for a friend whose birthday is in early September. Rooting hard for the folks at Remedy. Really hope it reviews and sells well.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this doesn't end up being a tech demo for object manipulation and destruction. Looks very intriguing.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool, I hope it's a more focused game than that turgid mess that Quantum Break was, but it sure looks like it.

Oct 25, 2017
Because combat / gunplay looks dull.

According to EG, it's really good.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...medys-weird-new-world-feels-brilliant-to-play

But combat is perhaps Control's strongest suit. Fights are wild, breathless, and encourage plenty of experimentation. I felt like Jesse was learning alongside me as I worked out how best to mix gunplay and power combos, all while floating in mid-air. The Service Pistol, one of the best-looking weapons in pretty much any game, is the only gun in Control.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that looks like Quantum Break on steroids. Wishlisted

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Something with the Graphics that doesnt appeal me as much. Had the same with QB. Cant put my finger on it. It looks good but maybe to soft or something?

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
I can't help but think this is a repackaged Quantum Break (which I found really boring).

Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but think this is a repackaged Quantum Break (which I found really boring).
?
The powers on display are pretty significantly different than Quantum Break. Along with a more open structure to the game, I mean they're visually very similar but I don't see how it can be called a repackaging.

vidaisonline

Community Manager at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Feb 2, 2018
Just one gun? I take it it will transform for different uses, but it's still a bit pshe...
just one gun but it's a transforming weapon!

ICYMI:

it's not! it's quite different than quantum break. but don't take my word for it, try watching this ign preview:

or reading this eurogamer article, which I think was linked earlier in the thread

Oct 25, 2017
I carefully sneak-peaked the Eurogamer preview. Sounds very good and I don't need to know anything else. Looking forward to playing it.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The Service Pistol is a very neat all-in-one weapon.

Maybe it could change into sniper rifle or rocket launcher too?

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
It's not! it's quite different than quantum break. but don't take my word for it, try watching this ign preview:

I meant mostly visually (Realistic interiors and boring office spaces). The floating around reminds me of Anthem and it's not a good mechanic IMO.
The new structure of the game sounds better though, but I'm not convinced yet.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I hate the EGS crap, but I don't really blame Remedy since their games sell like crap on PC. I think Alan Wake did okay during Steam sales for like $3-5, but their games don't sell well at full price. Definitely passing on the game on PC, though, I might get it on PS4.

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
Hi everyone,

Just keep in mind that what you're seeing in the trailer is still WIP (Work In Progress)

Thanks for all the positive comments.

You can pre-order the game at https://controlgame.com/ - keep in mind we just refreshed the whole website and some stuff is still propagating.

Any questions/problems I could answer shoot!

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but something about this video feels a little... budget? Maybe it's the textures or compression from YT... maybe it's the walking/running animation...

I can't explain it, but for some reason it just feels like a smaller, more budget title.

I'm a dope though, so that's probably why.

I think it looks amazing. But I would say it has some kind of "waxy" feel to the graphics.

Edit: I will have to wait for Steam I guess:

Last edited:

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the EGS crap, but I don't really blame Remedy since their games sell like crap on PC. I think Alan Wake did okay during Steam sales for like $3-5, but their games don't sell well at full price. Definitely passing on the game on PC, though, I might get it on PS4.
Alan Wake

"Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience "Alan Wake" was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive. Both Microsoft and Remedy have long histories in PC game development. This decision was about matching this specific game to the right platform."

Xbox 360 Release Date: May 14, 2010
PC Release Date: Feb 12, 2012

Quantum Break

Windows Store and DirectX12 exclusive for 6 months.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I definitely blame Remedy because they didn`t say upront that this is going to be an Epic store timed-exclusive.
And I don`t care whether they decided that later on, It still says "available 2019" on Steam.

Sorry for my negativity, but I´m really pissed about that, since Control was my most anticipated game of this year.
And I don`t want to support developers doing such bitch moves, even if their game looks fantastic.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I definitely blame Remedy because they didn`t say upront that this is going to be an Epic store timed-exclusive.
And I don`t care whether they decided that later on, It still says "available 2019" on Steam.

Sorry for my negativity, but I´m really pissed about that, since Control was my most anticipated game of this year.
And I don`t want to support developers doing such bitch moves, even if their game looks fantastic.
Publisher typically gets to pick the storefronts, not the devs

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
Alan Wake

"Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience "Alan Wake" was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive. Both Microsoft and Remedy have long histories in PC game development. This decision was about matching this specific game to the right platform."

Xbox 360 Release Date: May 14, 2010
PC Release Date: Feb 12, 2012

Quantum Break

Windows Store and DirectX12 exclusive for 6 months.

Yeah, it's like they learn NOTHING at all. FFS, Remedy, are you kidding us with your games buried under terrible market decisions? Why?

Hi everyone,

Just keep in mind that what you're seeing in the trailer is still WIP (Work In Progress)

You can pre-order the game at https://controlgame.com/ - keep in mind we just refreshed the whole website and some stuff is still propagating.

Only to be sure you read my opinion; I will not buy your game because the EGS exclusivity deal.

I bought Alan Wake after waiting because the XBOX exclusivity deal. I bought Quantum Break after waiting because of Windows Store exclusivity deal. I will not wait again. Fuck me twice.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Games coming out earlier than I expected. Can't wait to see more RTX features. Really might bite the bullet and get a 2080ti instead of waiting for 2020 cards.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm already in love with the art of the game, there's official wallpapers?