• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but something about this video feels a little... budget? Maybe it's the textures or compression from YT... maybe it's the walking/running animation...

I can't explain it, but for some reason it just feels like a smaller, more budget title.

I'm a dope though, so that's probably why.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Looks great. Love the Lynchian/SCP/mildy-Lovecraftian setting/vibe of the game.

May 17, 2018
I haven't been a big fan of Remedy's stuff since Max Payne 2, but, this game looks like it could be amazing. Really hope they nail it.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but something about this video feels a little... budget? Maybe it's the textures or compression from YT... maybe it's the walking/running animation...

I can't explain it, but for some reason it just feels like a smaller, more budget title.

Yeah, I thought that it looked a bit "budget" too but it's probably just a bad trailer edited by someone who wanted to show the tech.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
That trailer looked...not great? Still optimistic about the game, but not how I would have showcased it for the first time. Movement and throwing animations looked a little off. Environments looked very nice.

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
OK, that looks pretty cool. Definitely a better impression than the reveal trailer.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Gives me so much Infamous vibes lol

Also fuck that's the same week as Astral Chain hm decision decisions

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Looking good!

Remedy is one of the best developers out there, and this will probably get me to dust off and start my ps4 lol.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Probably my most anticipated game of the year on PS4 (assuming no Last of Us Part 2), really can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Well, it's not a AAA title so it is more "budget" than Quantum Break or Alan Wake, yeah. I don't think that's a negative, though.

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

It does look like somewhat of a budget title compared to their other games. It looks like a very good budget title though.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's not a AAA title so it is more "budget" than Quantic Dream or Alan Wake, yeah. I don't think that's a negative, though.
Oh yeah, I agree. I do think it still looks like a fun game. I want to play it for sure.

I wasn't sure what to be expecting I guess. I thought it would be a more cinematic, AAA thing like Alan Wake, but I guess Alan Wake had Microsoft money behind it?

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all,

embargo just ended, so there's quite a few hands-on previews out there now.
Hey!

What's happening fam?
87GgnEU.png

Are 505 and Remedy want to screw up this release even more than they already did?

Such a shame really.... first true chance to release solid PC version of their game in a long ass time without caveats like Windows Store exclusivity but they get into another mess again.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
at least the FOV is actually normal and good, so I'll check it out

I literally could not play Quantum Break for more than two hours, because the FOV was so incredibly low that I couldn't stand it

tioslash

Oct 29, 2017
Hey!

What's happening fam?
87GgnEU.png

Are 505 and Remedy want to screw up this release even more than they already did?

Such a shame really.... first true chance to release solid PC version of their game in a long ass time without caveats like Windows Store exclusivity but they get into another mess again.

Yeah, not great. Here in my country the game currently at $59.99 is costing ~R$230 using the latest exchange rate while on Steam I´m 99.99% positive this would have been R$159.99 max. Definitely not R$229.

Last edited:

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
Hey!

What's happening fam?
87GgnEU.png

I will forget that game in 2020 because a new wave of newest games will be available. I'm ready to hold my money against bullshit decisions.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Quantum Break has some of the best TPS gameplay this gen. As long as Control holds it own on that end, I'm in.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
This game is shaping up to be something reeeeaaally stylish i'm 100% in i love that "old gods"/"terrors from another dimension" atmosphere.
You got my attention Remedy.