• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derder

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Creating a Thread in Bad Faith and Inflammatory Concern Trolling on a Sensitive Subject Over Multiple Posts
A new Chick-fil-A opened at work. People are really upset and I will quote directly "please consider the kind of life-threatening organizations Chick-fil-A directly funds that promote genuine murder of LGBTQ+ folks around the world". All I remember was that Mitt Romney got involved and made a lot of changes and announced those changes.

According to wikipedia, this is unverifiable or false. I'm not going to ask those people where this information is coming from.

1. Did Chick-Fil-A finance killing LGBTQ+ folks?
2. Does Chick-Fil-A finance killing LGBTQ+ folks?
3.Where can I learn more about this subject?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The people at the top donate to causes that torture LGBT people

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
CFA funds anti-LGBTQ organizations that conduct gay-conversion therapy, which is physical and mental torture that is outlawed in many states and around the world. Giving your money to CFA is directly funding the torture of LGBTQ youth.

Don't give CFA your money. Ever.

EDIT: And before anyone insists otherwise, they're still funding these groups. They haven't stopped.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
The WinShape Foundation, a charitable endeavor of Chick-fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy and his family, stated that it would not allow same-sex couples to participate in its marriage retreats.[9] Chick-fil-A gave over $8 million to the WinShape Foundation in 2010.[10] Equality Matters, an LGBT watchdog group, published reports of donations by WinShape to organizations that the watchdog group considers anti-gay, including $2 million in 2009, $1.9 million in 2010 and a total of $5 million since 2003, including grants to the Family Research Council and Georgia Family Council. WinShape contributed grants to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and Exodus International, an organization noted for supporting ex-gay conversion therapy.[11]

you sure didn't read that Wikipedia article very well did you

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They have continue to donate to hate groups that have contributed to things such as the Uganda kill the gays bill.

They said they would stop donating after they got called out but pretty sure recently disclosures showed they were still donating to hate groups

May 21, 2019
Would you buy chicken sandwiches from Mike Pence knowing that he used part of that money to donate to charities of his choosing? That is the way I look at CFA, they are in line with the far conservative right, imo.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we work in the same place, OP.

The people with the ability to rubber stamp such things here handwaved it as basically a free speech (??) issue. Absolutely disgusting.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
The National Christian Foundation has not only donated to anti-LGBTQ efforts, in Uganda specifically their efforts led to the the legitimizing of a death penalty targeted at homosexual people. Whether or not NCF or CFA which donated to them knew about such legislation in specific is unclear. To me personally it doesn't actually matter when the work done by such organizations in the first place is to strip LGBTQ+ people of rights and humanity which will consequently lead to the suffering and deaths of queer people, government sanctioned or not. CFA doesn't have to say it endorses such brutality but the money still speaks. If it didn't want such outcomes, it would stop pushing such an inherently bigoted and deadly agenda.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Would you buy chicken sandwiches from Mike Pence knowing that he used part of that money to donate to charities of his choosing? That is the way I look at CFA, they are in line with the far conservative right, imo.

I mean, that's not an incorrect statement, hiding acts of cruelty and bigotry behind religion.

The powers that be at CFA are the hardest of hardcore conservatives.

The Man won't tell you that the Shake Shack chicken sandwich is better anyway.

Is true. But it's pricy though. Shake Shack is weirdly pricy.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I ever even liked from this fast food chain was the fries and that weird sauce that's like sweet and sour.... their chicken taste worse than old nuggets from mcdonalds.
They are horribly overrated imo.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not going to ask those people where this information is coming from.

giphy.gif

....why not?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're asking if CFA funds murder camps designed to kill LGBT people anywhere in the world, the answer is no. But, they have a history of being against gay marriage, donating to anti-LGBT causes, as well as groups that practice conversion therapy. Some of the causes they've donated to are known to straight up deny housing or help to homeless LGBT people, and conversion therapy does significant harm to the LGBT people forced into it which can and has lead to them taking their own lives. CFA is somewhat responsible for these deaths through funding these organizations

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
If you're asking if CFA funds murder camps designed to kill LGBT people anywhere in the world, the answer is no. But, they have a history of being against gay marriage, donating to anti-LGBT causes, as well as groups that practice conversion therapy.

I'd argue that the latter is the former.

OP
OP

derder

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The WinShape Foundation, a charitable endeavor of Chick-fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy and his family, stated that it would not allow same-sex couples to participate in its marriage retreats.[9] Chick-fil-A gave over $8 million to the WinShape Foundation in 2010.[10] Equality Matters, an LGBT watchdog group, published reports of donations by WinShape to organizations that the watchdog group considers anti-gay, including $2 million in 2009, $1.9 million in 2010 and a total of $5 million since 2003, including grants to the Family Research Council and Georgia Family Council. WinShape contributed grants to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and Exodus International, an organization noted for supporting ex-gay conversion therapy.[11]

This is as far as the trail goes. It all ends with WinShape Foundation with past donations.

Exodus international shut down in 2013 after renouncing conversion therapy.

Fellowship of Christian Athletes still exists but there's nothing referenced after 2012.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
The National Christian Foundation has not only donated to anti-LGBTQ efforts, in Uganda specifically their efforts led to the the legitimizing of a death penalty targeted at homosexual people. Whether or not NCF or CFA which donated to them knew about such legislation in specific is unclear. To me personally it doesn't actually matter when the work done by such organizations in the first place is to strip LGBTQ+ people of rights and humanity which will consequently lead to the suffering and deaths of queer people, government sanctioned or not. CFA doesn't have to say it endorses such brutality but the money still speaks. If it didn't want such outcomes, it would stop pushing such an inherently bigoted and deadly agenda.
Yep, this is what I cite. This is the only piece of information you need, really.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
This is as far as the trail goes. It all ends with WinShape Foundation with past donations.

Fellowship of Christian Athletes still exists but there's nothing referenced after 2012.

It's okay to eat at Chick-fil-A.

Now that I've posted what you want to hear, do your due diligence, listen to people and decide if it's worth it for an average chicken sandwich

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Here's the thing too: my personal standards don't start and end at sanctioned murder. Efforts to disenfranchise marginalized people at all, makes CFA a company not worth supporting or defending.

And before anyone brings out the big chart, of course not everything I personally buy is made by companies with clean hands but as a member of a fucked up world I will at least choose where and what to consume as much as I can while also not being a fan of any company in general at least not enough to pretend like the shitty things they do aren't shitty things that rightfully need to be stopped.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Something something the food is good and the workers are the nicest people ever.
Fuck cfa. Trash fuck food

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
LOL at that being OP's reply to all the posts laying into Chik Fil A being basically a shrug. It's cute you pretended to care for 5 seconds though

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Are you even using google? Like this took me all of 5 seconds to find.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017

He didn't because he doesn't find it trustworthy.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Wtf? Why ask for information if you are just going to ignore what people have to say?

Something tells me OP might be asking in good faith guys.

Duh

randomhugs

Oct 25, 2017
Op, if the truth bothers you that much you could always just ignore it. It's your right to be part of the problem.

OP
OP

derder

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm assuming they have the same information you do and their reaction would be the same.

All I see when googling are blogs which end like:

"On Tuesday, Chick-fil-A, Inc. said the company had made a decision in 2017 to no longer contribute to the Paul Anderson Youth Home. "In 2017, a decision was made by the Chick-fil-A Foundation to no longer donate to the group after a blog post from 2010 surfaced that does not meet Chick-fil-A's commitment to creating a welcoming environment to all," the company told ThinkProgress.

The company has not said if it will cease donations to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes or Salvation Army. It said contributions to those groups had been used to support summer sports camps and various children's programs, respectively."

Every thread I follow ends with a relationship or position before 2012 with the exception of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and pre-2019 activity.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP JAQing off in plain sight.

Seems all that flygskam and save the world posture couldn't resist some chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.