• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
._. don't crush hope

I was trying to be positive

CircularQuickAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-max-1mb.gif

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Love these kinds of artworks. Really wish more companies would do things like this to celebrate their characters.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I love Nishimura's art.

It's a huge shame that Dragon Gyas, a strategic miniatures boardgame with narrative design from Jiro Ishii and art from Nishimura failed to reach its Western funding goal on Kickstarter twice.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Ryu's head proportion really bothers me for some reason lol... it looks small compared to the rest of his body his shoulder/biceps looks bigger than his head but other than that it looks tight

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Kinu is the best Capcom artist. I've always loved the way she articulates muscle structures and cloth folds. The perfect balance of realism and stylization.

Oct 31, 2017
Ugh that Onimusha game in development was cancelled wasn't it

RELEASING ONLY WARLORDS, A 5 HOUR GAME FROM 2001, AND EXPECTING IT TO SELL WELL???

IT'S NOT ONIMUSHA'S FAULT

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Capcom All-Stars 3 vs 3 fighting game is just staring them in the face.

IMMORTALITY! TAKE IT! IT'S YOURS!

Bigmac

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Kinu's awesome! I think Ryu's bicep looks a bit odd in that artwork, typically when the wrist is turned like that the bicep elongates and doesnt flex as it is. Its all great though, she's been at it for years and her art never gets old.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
I have to admit that I know her style from Zero Escape and Code of Princess. Had no idea she was a long running Capcom artist, hah.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, I just noticed. Is that Elena hiding on the left behind who I assume is Makoto, both in school outfits?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
nishimura has really ascended my artist tiers recently after getting more capcom artbooks. So glad they scooped her for 999/VLR as well lol

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Looked at it and not a single Dino Crisis reference. Damm Capcom. Message received.
But otherwise that omission aside it's great art. I'd actually take that as a poster.

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe Elena is there. That's so awesome. What year was this?

It was drawn by Nishimura for Capcom Design Works, ISBN4-7577-0412-7, released in 2001. There's a couple of pages about how it was made, all in japanese obviously.

It's massively outdated now, but for a long time this was their most comprehensive artbook. The book is now older than the company was at its publication...

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
You gotta wonder why Darkstalkers is so prominent in this one
...Unless...

Who's the character next to Cammy's right? Also it's Leon Kennedy missing from here?

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Jill! It's always nice to see her in this tensemble artwork :)

Carlos and Claire made it too!
Love this without a doubt.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Every time this artist gets mentioned I get confused. Some people call him a he and others call her a she. Either way, it's one of my big referents. I love that ability to draw all these characters interacting, and the anatomy and character designs are really cool looking and distinct from one another :)

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Every time this artist gets mentioned I get confused. Some people call him a he and others call her a she. Either way, it's one of my big referents. I love that ability to draw all these characters interacting, and the anatomy and character designs are really cool looking and distinct from one another :)
she is most definitely a she

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
Kinu Nishimura is a woman.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Let me again share Kinu's proposed Capcom otome game, where you get to date a bad boy, an athlete, a hair metal musician, a "loser idol", an angel, a guy with psychic powers, a ninja, a male version of Rei Ayanami, a Ghostbuster, a Kamen Rider, and Devilman.

kinu08yvk7n.jpg

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
God Alpha 3 Mika is so much cooler looking than SFV Mika.
Also, I see Maximo isn't invited again :(.

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
... there's no Ken in any of these pics. Why is there no Ken in any of these pics?

Ken not in SFVI confirmed

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Let me again share Kinu's proposed Capcom otome game, where you get to date a bad boy, an athlete, a hair metal musician, a "loser idol", an angel, a guy with psychic powers, a ninja, a male version of Rei Ayanami, a Ghostbuster, a Kamen Rider, and Devilman.

kinu08yvk7n.jpg

Thats sounds amazing.