• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
There was a lot of confusion as to whether PlayStation would have the marketing rights for this new Call of Duty going into 2019 after their deal with Activision expired with the release of Black Ops IIII but it seems Acti is still sticking with Team Blue for the foreseeable future.

SvUPRRD.jpg

Gyy2JlJ.png

New news, new thread. If there's already a thread up on this then I apologise, mods can feel free to close this one or merge them.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they just mean spec ops and not multiplayer maps. If maps are exclusive then I imagine crossplay gets messy as fuck

PockyWitch

Oct 27, 2017
How is crossplay going to work if PS players get more content than the rest for a week, every couple of weeks/months?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I never doubted that there will be console marketing, Acti gets a lot of sales and promotion with it. Someone NEEDS to offer COD bundles for holidays.

This year, its PlayStation 4 again, a console with more than 2x larger install base and many times higher presence outside of largest game markets.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
lol at 7 days early access XD
Can we please stop with this time exclusive extra content.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Aw that's a shame. First world problems though as it's only like a week or two at best iirc?

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Welp, I'm surprised yet not. CoD doesn't need this, but if Sony doesn't do it MS will, and we're lying to ourselves if we think they won't. Acti isn't gonna say no to free money for literally not releasing content for a week.

Deleted member 5309

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its a damn shame that Sony is still out here trying to get people to buy a PS4 and actively trying to make 3rd party games better on their platform. Like when will they just give up?????

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I am happy tho this is the lowest that their exclusivity has gone with activision. Especially since they some now negotiated a 1 year delay on special Destiny content.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
There was a lot of confusion as to whether PlayStation would have the marketing rights for this new Call of Duty going into 2019 after their deal with Activision expired with the release of Black Ops IIII but it seems Acti is still sticking with Team Blue for the foreseeable future.

SvUPRRD.jpg

Gyy2JlJ.png

New news, new thread. If there's already a thread up on this then I apologise, mods can feel free to close this one or merge them.
That poster looks pretty rad.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
XBOX and PC players we must unite! I'm saying we all wait a week and buy the game on November 1st to show Activision they must wait a week to get their share of roughly $300 million from us!!!

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Also this totally jacks up the idea of crossplay. Considering on BO4 PS4 got MODES & MAPS a week early. You cannot do crossplay for a week on say Barebones since PS4 gets it first. Then throw in the Maps that are trickled out. So out of 52 weeks how many of those weeks are compromised due to a map & mode being a PS4 exclusive? Based off of how things went on BO4 I would say a solid 18-22 weeks would not work for crossplay on Modern Warfare.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
The fuck is even the point in 7 days? Who is going "shit man better buy a PS4 because I can play a map 7 days ealier"

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Also this totally jacks up the idea of crossplay. Considering on BO4 PS4 got MODES & MAPS a week early. You cannot do crossplay for a week on say Barebones since PS4 gets it first. Then throw in the Maps that are trickled out. So out of 52 weeks how many of those weeks are compromised due to a map & mode being a PS4 exclusive? Based off of how things went on BO4 I would say a solid 18-22 weeks would not work for crossplay on Modern Warfare.

From an informed consumer perspective yeah it's kinda lame but it'll likely be fairly transparent. For that one week Xbox users simply won't get matchmaked with anyone on ps4. With the active daily playerbase on these games often numbering in the hundreds of thousands your average user won't even notice.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it's just seven days, but this practice still needs to end.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's not bad. For instance Rainbow Six Siege season pass owners have access to operators 7 days earlier than non season pass owners if they have enough renown (in game credits) to buy the operator(s) 7 days isn't bad at all. Now if it we're a month then that'd be a problem.
In siege it doesn't fragment the community, it's not new maps being delayed or anything, and season pass owners don't use credits to buy ops.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
ahh there it is they can not escape messing it up some how

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice of them to get with the times regarding a season pass and cross-play.

Wtf at timed exclusive maps though.

That ruins the whole point of free maps. They're supposed to be free because you don't want to fragment the community. So now there's just an actual platform gap fragmenting the community instead.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they will probably give PS4 players access to the microtransaction store early too, lucky lucky

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: System wars
People really give a shit about a week?
When it was Microsoft's turn last gen, it was longer.

And there was shit like THIS that PS3 owners had to put up with along the way. Now it's faux outrage over lack of crossplay for a machine with the highest current playerbase, and tears over having to wait 7 days before DLC drops.

The phrase "tit for tat" exists for a reason. MS started this shit, Sony's just been returning the favor.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Fuck Sony and their exclusivity deals with games.

People up in arms over Epic doing it, but whenever Sony pulls this shit they get a slide.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I don't see how that won't mess with crossplay. Maybe they'll have a mode to just play that map exclusively for a week like Nuketowm 24/7.