• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Warner Brothers presents HARLEY QUINN (and also the Birds of Prey)

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Like most of DC's post Synder films I'm sure the movie will be good to great but the marketing is kind of obnoxious. Its like they hired whoever runs Fast Food twitter to marketing this movie.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
They need to sell the movie,the average viewer will only recognize margot/harley in those posters imo.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is so weird. This is the first BOP movie right? The way it's being advertised and stuff, it seems like some sort of sequel or show to me, I dunno. At this point they should have just made it a Quinn movie.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
So is this a Birds of Prey movie featuring Harley Quinn or is it a Harley Quinn movie featuring the Birds of Prey? Marketing is kinda suggesting the latter.
Unquestionably the latter, but that's how it was inevitably going to be given the disparity between the other popularity of the other characters and Harley Quinn.

They need to sell the movie,the average viewer will only recognize margot/harley in those posters imo.
Yep. Outside of readers of DC comics and people who pay much closer attention than usual to Batman, the only other character that has any name recognition to speak of is Black Canary, and that's mainly from DC animations, Arrow and Injustice - none of them have brought her anywhere close to the kind of enormous awareness that Harley Quinn has.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
I'm really digging this movie so far. Can't wait for the trailer.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
That color scheme is really not easy on the eyes at all. Hope the entire movie is not like that.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeaah, this looks great. still kinda worried theyll waste the Birds but would love to be wrong.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I actually really like these and also keep forgetting that this is a Birds of Prey film and not a Harley Quinn solo film. BOP deserve better than playing second fiddle in their own film.

Also, BOP HQ is totally going to be the name of a new record label.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you do a team movie and make 3 posters for one character

Wild

Edit: my bad 4 posters

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno why they didn't do a Gotham City Sirens movie instead if Harley is getting top billing. Birds of Prey and Harley were hardly a thing.
They were planning on doing GCS, but Margot wanted to do Birds of Prey instead. She's been developing it herself since 2015-ish.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Why would they title the Harley Quinn movie "Birds of Prey"? Does Harley turn in to a bird? Is she trying to steal a bird?

;)

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
They were planning on doing GCS, but Margot wanted to do Birds of Prey instead. She's been developing it herself since 2015-ish.
I see, that's interesting.
Why would they title the Harley Quinn movie "Birds of Prey"? Does Harley turn in to a bird? Is she trying to steal a bird?

;)
Maybe she flips the bird so often in the movie that she gets an invite.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
It's clearly not a prequel unless Gordon is transracial in the DCEU.
I mean, soft reboots are thing you know. DC is apparently picking and choosing what they want to keep from BvS and Justice League.

If the batman is an elseworld, there haven't been any confirmations. There is no guarantee that Barbara will be prominent. And if they do choose to use her, you'll just have to deal with two different takes of the same character. Not an impossible thing to do.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I don't get it, this looks already more creative than half the superhero fare out there and y'all just want to complain all the time

day uno for me

Also, Margot Robbie is a producer on this, so that's why

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
*sigh*

Halloween parties are going to be 2016 bad.

I was ready to call this the Halloween costume that your pre-teen daughter and all her friends would be wearing this year - but I don't know if the movie comes out soon enough for Party City and those Spirit Halloween pop-up stores to stock the outfit in time.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
Anything less than the jester getup and y'all fling monkey shit

Looking forward to the trailer

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's still baffling to me that Suicide Squad was successful enough to warrant a sequel and a spin-off but neither a Batman v Superman movie nor a Justice League movie could manage either.

BvS is the sequel to Man of Steel, and Justice League is the sequel to BvS. It's a trilogy about cavils receding hair line

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Leto's joker cameos in the movie but WITHOUT Leto lmfao.

They literally have some dude wearing his costume and being shot from afar.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
It's still baffling to me that Suicide Squad was successful enough to warrant a sequel and a spin-off but neither a Batman v Superman movie nor a Justice League movie could manage either.
This film might not even reference Suicide Squad. Seems more like another 'tales from DC' kind of thing.
From most reports this movie exists because Robbie wanted it made. It's low budget and she's a producer.