• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Do hope the BFV gunplay moves over tho. That was good part of BFV
The gun mechanics in V though were not great, every gun being a laser is upsetting.

Ooh hard disagree. BF1 for me was way to "casual" to easy really. Perfect example was the LMG's getting more accurate the longer you fire.
BF1 range gating was effective for the generally open maps and LMGs had that mechanic unique to the guns like 2142. The spread was used to dissuade spamming full auto fire, which BFV failed to do.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
BFV had the best movement and gunplay in the franchise. Really hope those are carrying over to the next one

Oct 31, 2017
COD is not even close to the shenanigans of BF4. People forget how wild these games used to be due to all the vehicle changes in recent BFs.

This is why BF is untouchable.

I'm really hoping BF6 brings us moments like this. Changes to the vehicles and weapons in BF1 and BFV basically killed these moments and I'm hoping the return to the modern setting brings them back again.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Do hope the BFV gunplay moves over tho. That was good part of BFV

BFV gunplay is fine if you ignore all full automatics being laser rifles. DICE is yet to figure out how to make recoil without leaning on juiced up random deviation that makes gunplay feel RNG based.

BF1 range gating was effective for the generally open maps and LMGs had that mechanic unique to the guns like 2142. The spread was used to dissuade spamming full auto fire, which BFV failed to do.

BF1 has its share of fully automatic lasers. Accurate full auto spray wasn't rare sight and not that hard to do.

In general it was funny how WW1 based game had fully automatics as much as WW2.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Also i hope the operation atmosphere will be back at BF1 levels. They kinda ruined it in BFV

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
BFV gunplay is fine if you ignore all full automatics being laser rifles. DICE is yet to figure out how to make recoil without leaning on juiced up random deviation that makes gunplay feel RNG based.

BF1 has its share of fully automatic lasers. Accurate full auto spray wasn't rare sight and not that hard to do.

Gunplay may be good in theory, but in practice, its a broken mess. Just like every single gameplay system in BFV.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

You were really penalized with how they handled spread especially at mid range and beyond. Close range for sure full auto is viable and LMGs have reverse spread so they can suppress better. BFV took the same mechanics and implemented them poorly even though the feel is better. Specifically the spread into recoil system just turned every gun into a laser at range and no matter how fast they fired.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I was so bad at BF4 on my PS4 and still played it a ton. It was such a good game. Tried the later titles, too, but none of it grabbed me.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
BFV had the best movement and gunplay in the franchise. Really hope those are carrying over to the next one

oh god no. If they carry over the m1 spam click fest of BFV, I'm out. It had no skill. You could just fire as fast as you want with little to no penalty. It was boring easy mode.

I much prefer BF1 TTK 2.0. Higher TTK but penalizes not knowing when your gun's max fire for when you'll be hit with harder spread. So a spam clicker will be penalized with a lower TTK because they are missing shots due to SIPS and someone properly pacing shots not increasing spread per shot will have a higher effective TTK.

Last edited:

tootsi666

Dec 13, 2018
oh god no. If they carry over the m1 spam click fest of BFV, I'm out. It had no skill. You could just fire as fast as you want with little to no penalty. It was boring easy mode.

I much prefer BF1 TTK 2.0. Higher TTK but penalizes not knowing when your gun's max fire for when you'll be hit with harder spread. So a spam clicker will be penalized with a lower TTK because they are missing shots due to SIPS and someone properly pacing shots not increasing spread per shot will have a higher effective TTK.
It was more effective to just spam mindlessly in BF1 and hope for the best in most engagements. Shooting "correctly" would get you killed if the opponent had better luck. BFV gunplay actually rewarded headshotting and aim, though they could probably triple the recoil in most guns

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It was more effective to just spam mindlessly in BF1 and hope for the best in most engagements. Shooting "correctly" would get you killed if the opponent had better luck. BFV gunplay actually rewarded headshotting and aim, though they could probably triple the recoil in most guns
Jup.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

If you triple zero recoil it's still zero.

On paper BFV gunplay is great. Bullet goes where barrel points and no random deviation. DICE just forgot to add any recoil to most of the games full automatic weapons so they are zero recoil lasers.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
BFV rewards full auto at any range.

On paper BFV gunplay is great. Bullet goes where barrel points and no random deviation. DICE just forgot to add any recoil to most of the games full automatic weapons so they are zero recoil lasers.
Spread is not even removed, just added to recoil making recoil random. They also forgot to add spread for certain gun classes making it easier to spam semi auto rifles.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
I think the actual reveal is +1 hour. They have two streams up, one is countdown to reveal, and the other is the premiere.

Countdown stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP3wxNFnNbA
Reveal Premiere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASzOzrB-a9E
Yep.

Description on the countdown stream:
Stick around at the end of the livestream and you'll be automatically redirected to the trailer premiere.

Description on the reveal trailer:
Before the trailer premiere, get a hint of what's to come in our countdown to reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP3wx...

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017

i much prefer the predictable recoil in BFV (while at the same time agreeing that semi-auto didn't have enough even if you spamshot like crazy) than the completely random spread in BF1 which i find completely unfun. IMO, outside of Operations and the beautiful graphical package, there's nothing to save from BF1. I can't even give the name of one map that I really enjoyed to the point that i could play it endlessly.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
i much prefer the predictable recoil in BFV (while at the same time agreeing that semi-auto didn't have enough even if you spamshot like crazy) than the completely random spread in BF1 which i find completely unfun. IMO, outside of Operations and the beautiful graphical package, there's nothing to save from BF1. I can't even give the name of one map that I really enjoyed to the point that i could play it endlessly.
The problem is BFV does not remove spread, the value just gets added into recoil resulting in random recoil.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I completely forgot this reveal is in, what, three hours and fifteen minutes?

I'm expecting a basic reveal trailer, similar content showcase to previous trailers, where people who want to pick it apart will see hints to the types of guns, vehicles, and features the game will have. DICE is usually pretty good at condensing a lot of stuff in the trailer that have implications on the main game, even while outrageously scripted and cinematically presented.

And then a follow up at E3 with all the bits and pieces and more elaborate details.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020

I'm expecting a basic reveal trailer, similar content showcase to previous trailers, where people who want to pick it apart will see hints to the types of guns, vehicles, and features the game will have. DICE is usually pretty good at condensing a lot of stuff in the trailer that have implications on the main game, even while outrageously scripted and cinematically presented.

And then a follow up at E3 with all the bits and pieces and more elaborate details.

There seems to be an 1 hour show before the trailer though. we have two timers for 2 different streams. one at 4pm CET and one at 5pm cet. the 5pm one being the trailer premiere.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
There seems to be an 1 hour show before the trailer though. we have two timers for 2 different streams. one at 4pm CET and one at 5pm cet. the 5pm one being the trailer premiere.

Ooooh thank you. I didn't know that. Hmm, I wonder what? Surely they wouldn't do a gameplay reveal before the trailer though. If that's the order it sounds like one of those pre-shows, that in this case will be HISTORY OF BATTLEFIELD and MARKETING WANK or whatever before the actual trailer drops.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Ooooh thank you. I didn't know that. Hmm, I wonder what? Surely they wouldn't do a gameplay reveal before the trailer though. If that's the order it sounds like one of those pre-shows, that in this case will be HISTORY OF BATTLEFIELD and MARKETING WANK or whatever before the actual trailer drops.
It will most likely be the classic EA super produced making-of they have been doing for years.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017

This is also what I expect, with a bit of gameplay during the xbox show and then full multiplayer reveal during EA Play.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I had my fun with BF1. Operations from BF1 was amazing. Hope they bring it back and not like BFV.
But overall the game was really "casual" with its gunplay, Behemoth stuff, planes etc It was in the end to easy also. I remember me and my friends one went like on a 50+ win streak in Operations. Attacking and defending. But i had my fun with it for the time it lasted.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely preferred BF1 to V (which is the only Battlefield I just haven't liked, nothing about it felt good to me).

But good Battlefield is fantastic multiplayer, so anything that is a step above these past few games is great.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Was I the only time who found both BF1 and V too simplistic and like very homogeneous? Like I couldn't really differentiate lots of weapons, it all felt too similar which made the games a bit boring to me.

I think it probably had to do with the WW setting. Hopefully this one will have more gunplay variety with the modern day setting.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I definitely preferred BF1 to V (which is the only Battlefield I just haven't liked, nothing about it felt good to me).
100% agreed, BF1 had some really tight cinematic maps/moments gameplay.

BF5… I HATED IT. All my memories from this game was getting shot dead in 1 or 2 bullets any time I tried to move somewhere. I tried for hours and I didn't have one minute of fun.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Hyped for this reveal.
Hopefully Dice learned from the BFV fiasko and deliver this time, although i really like BFV and still play it.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Was I the only time who found both BF1 and V too simplistic and like very homogeneous? Like I couldn't really differentiate lots of weapons, it all felt too similar which made the games a bit boring to me.

I think it probably had to do with the WW setting. Hopefully this one will have more gunplay variety with the modern day setting.

Yes, also the lack of weapon customization attributed to it.

Also since BF1 guns were way too accurate from the hip. Especially SMGS were able to fire really accurate from the hip without ADSing even at medium range. ADSing with some weapons was a rather a bad idea because it didnt have any benefits

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
What i like about the leaked screens. The soldier pics next to the names in the squad. I feel they will do the customization now right.
And dont think we get clear "factions". And more kinda make the soldier you want

6RTbRf0.jpg

niaobx

Aug 3, 2020

They weren't only simplistic, they were honestly absolutely awful in every regard besides graphics. Every map was pure chaos, vehicle balance was ass, gunplay was ass, visibility was low as hell. I realy hope for the new entry to be BF 3/4 2.0, at this point I don't trust Dice with anything more

Jan 10, 2018
Have they said anything about the nature of the event? Will it be a longer reveal event like BFV where the designers talk about everything that's new, or will it just be a trailer and that's it?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Have they said anything about the nature of the event? Will it be a longer reveal event like BFV where the designers talk about everything that's new, or will it just be a trailer and that's it?
Not specific. But seems trailer and offcourse we get some sort of blog post next to it with more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.